• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| S.Q.U.A.T. V | DEC 12th/13th | Results to come |

Select all answers that are true for you (You can select more than one answer!)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sieg

Smash Champion
If I had my phone on me I could lol.

I think it's like 040?829455.

Have fun guessing the other number though. lol.

Sieg

Smash Champion
****, I remembered that off memory.

**** I'm pro with numbers.

Too bad I failed Maths lol.

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Vyse will you post the pools before squat? or aren't we going to find out until the day of the tourney. Want to know who's in my pool =(.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Quick opinion poll:

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counter
Pokemon Stadium
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pirate Ship
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Port Town Aero Dive

Thinking about cutting Port Town and Jungle Japes. Both of those stages are just really really lame counter-picks which break character viability (One having no ledges which gimps tether characters and the other being an almost auto-win for Falco). At a tournament this big, I'd rather not have games come down to who can be lamest with their stage counterpicks.

I think Norfair is okay though I am willing to entertain opinions on it.

I don't agree with Green Greens moving to legal.

@Kami: It's likely I will, maybe tonight.

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Lol okay. I wana see who is that cpahanso guys pool =P, want to watch him get ****ing *****. Hate brawl cuz i dont have it, want it but to poor.

Kas who are you teaming with seeing how dave/zac isnt coming? Bryce or accelerate im guessing. I got worst team mate ever -.-. Last tourney against vyse and someone, 3 of my deaths were from lachlan ==". Can you burn wii games/ if you can do you need anything to run it. Want a new copy of brawl.

I LAG

Smash Lord
keep port town for dubs but for singles its stupid

and same with japes but i dont know if i want it in dubz coz i main mk

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Kami don't be mean to cphanaso :p

Also guys, don't be too worried by the people dropping from this. In my tio file I have over 70 people registered across Melee and Brawl, and that's more than enough people for a big, fun tournament that will run on time and have wriggle room for keeping on track with things. I wasn't expecting a lot of those people who dropped to come.

Quality over quantity my friends :)

EDIT:

Good point I LAG

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Not being mean, just saying... =(. Its just that he is so confident, yet he has never played people that are actually good. I use to think I was really good until I played Kas and accelerate in teams in my first tourney match. When he plays Kas or anyone else good, he will lose his confidence and realize how bad he is. Not trying to be mean, just my opinion, he won't be good at reading people.

Edit : On sunday wil there be anyone there playing melee friendlies while brawl is on. If not ill just come at 1 for melee. Also, are we leaving gamecubes and wii's setup there over night, or do we need to take them back and bring them back on sunday.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
port town is fine.. the stage transforms =P
for singles and doubles

japes on the other hand is abit harsh lol falco so broken on that stage also kirby
banned out right

@kamistriker
i think you can dont know the details might need mod chip
but backuplauncher is good give it a go through homebrew
ive seen someone play a burnt timesplittes 2 (gamecube game) on the wii... so why not wii games?

J-Birds

Smash Lord
IMO

Starter (Odd number for striking purpose)
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counter
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium
Castle Siege (D) - just to ridiculous for ddduzle
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pirate Ship
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Port Town Aero Dive
- these 5 just give far too large an advantage to certain characters.

Id probably consider getting rid of Frigate and Brinstar as well but that's mainly cause im pretty strict on stages.
I can imagine keeping Norfair but the others just seem too rediculous to me.

Also agree with added stages for doubles.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Kami, I think Kas said 'Let it go' a couple of pages ago. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying there's no reason to discourage someone who's new.

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
I was new =P, first match against kas in doubles. Kas : Wow you guys suck at melee. Most encouraging thing anyone has ever said, thanks kas <3. (Reason I sucked was cuz i didnt know anyone and was nervous and half my deaths were from lachlan, he sucks at teams so so much its not funny.) Fine, ill let it go =P, I just hope I am in his pool.

Edit : is it okay if I discourage him after i beat him if i do? cuz its pretty shameful to lose to a 14 year old =P. Basically shameful for anyone who loses to me, i feel sorry for anyone i beat =(.

Vyse, go do your interview thread sometime to, when you got spare time that is. Want something to read, im so bored -.-.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
jbirds is harsh
but its a very balanced stage list i guess. but definately BORING =P
Frigate is just as stupid as porttown if not more. the right side screws up tethers. and random sd under the stage flip, and get hit on one of those moving platforms then it movs and you die. Atleast you can dodge cars. and if you do fall off theres a chance of bouncing on the road if you know the course =P

btw i heard nofair is wario camp land.

Melancholy

Smash Ace
Yo Vyse, what the status on the live stream?

i.e where will I find it while I am at home doing nothing with my time and wishing I was there?

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
What's the gain of discouraging anyone if you beat them, and where is the shame. Age doesn't really play a factor in things, there are 10 year old kids who could outwit me in any amount of things. You should be happy with your win, but putting someone else down is something which is immature and without any gain for you or the other person.

Think of everyone here as part of a community, we are all here because we love playing the game and wanna push ourselfs to become better, not so we can mock/shame others

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Im not discouraging T_T, listen. i said IMO. I feel hated now. And age does matter, if it didn't, than why can't 2 year old beat anyone in smash.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Don't worry, you're not hated, qld smash community loves everyone =)

Age matters in the scenario where someone is very young and is brillant at smash, because it is something to be admired. But if you do lose to said player, then it's nothing to be ashamed of

And I'm guessing they don't do too well at smash because they are busy trying to do other stuff like speak/walk without bashing their heads like I was back then

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Yeah i was gonna strike out frigate as well but i figure a lot of people like to cp that stage or something.

That list cuts out a lot of the random fun bs stuff however i suppose is a bit bland/boring.
Hmm so Smashville only?

Yeah Wario likes Norfair and Brinstar from what i undertand, maybe he should be in Metroid.
Snake is pretty beast on Norfair as well though.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I think all the listed CP stages are fine, hence they are cp's_ If you don't know to ban JJ against Falco then you deserve to be taken there, same with banning against DK and kirby(?) never knew about that one_ The cp stages are meant to give an advantage to the losing player_

Port town aero drive is a pretty cool stage now i've played on it more and will probably work in some people's favours, same with norfair and FO_ You need the variety because it makes for interesting matches and even more interesting counterpicks_

Also i would like to know what's happening with pools_

ps - thanks to vyse, chris, arrow and djcats for helping us out today_ Really appreciate the effort peeps_

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I think all the listed CP stages are fine, hence they are cp's_ If you don't know to ban JJ against Falco then you deserve to be taken there, same with banning against DK and kirby(?) never knew about that one_ The cp stages are meant to give an advantage to the losing player_

Port town aero drive is a pretty cool stage now i've played on it more and will probably work in some people's favours, same with norfair and FO_ You need the variety because it makes for interesting matches and even more interesting counterpicks_

Also i would like to know what's happening with pools_

ps - thanks to vyse, chris, arrow and djcats for helping us out today_ Really appreciate the effort peeps_
The thing I don't like is that the stage shouldn't largely influence the outcome to the point that anybody can just pick Falco out of the blue and take you to Japes for example, and I've done that before.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
well it is a counterpick
also you do get to play on a neutral stage first.. so will it be more of the same, or the chance to beat someone in thier element.
maybe for the grandfinal, 3 neutrals and 2 counterpicks =P in order (neut,neut, loser cp, neut, winner cp)

oo i see what jbirds did there
diddy on fd. =P
IC's on fd. =P
MK on ____. =P

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
yeah but what day... =P i think jelly was the saterday .. i susgest train to somewhere closer, its 2 hard to get to aiport for me at that time. cause traffic/petrol/sleep/distance

there is a train right next to airport, hop on it and go to... (i gotta find somewhere =P)
who is the qld train master?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
One thing at a time Arrow. I'll get back to dealing with transport woes after I finish seeding people which is a few minutes away from being finalised (I know I've been saying that for a week now lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom