• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Yeah they old wavebirds when they first started making them were expensive as hell @_@

edit: so i talked to draconoa a few days ago, on the topic of his absence. It seems he may not be back for a long time :(

Denti

Smash Master
**** that sucks. :(

Does anyone know what the frame data for dysnched smashes? I asked this in the Q and A thread but no answer. I take it no one knows right?

edit: Since the oli boards now have wer and fino they seem Farley active. :D I'm glad my boards aren't dead. thanks guys. We should consider starting up a MU discussion thread again. Might even make the boards more active because there is actually nothing big being discussed other than tip threads. So the boards could die again any second since we have nothing to discuss.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
WOOOOOOOOOO Im gonna be more active for the summer!

EDIT:NOOOOOOOOO DRAC! He was like, the next oli boards mod!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
WOOOOOOOOOO Im gonna be more active for the summer!

EDIT:NOOOOOOOOO DRAC! He was like, the next oli boards mod!
Yeah lol my thoughts exactly. He definitely was a big driving force in the board's activity.

@denti, working on the thread now actually, expect one up soon.

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
For olimars who have tap jump off:

To up smash OoS, use x or y to jump, hold up on control stick like you are tiltin your shield and just press A, there is no excuse to why you aren't up smashing OoS.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
parents made him quit for the time being :/
****. Having Draco would make things SO much easier.
Tell him to do what they say to get back here faster. D:

We have plenty to discuss. We just need places (and people) to discuss them, as well as a system to organize and filter out unnecessary data. Unfortunately, it is difficult to form such a system without a certain amount of bias.
Perhaps creating discussion topics to collect general match-up info would be beneficial.
Character-specific stage discussion would also be helpful since the current stage thread only covers certain characters.
Rabble rabble rabble.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Stage thread is going to do that, don't worry. It's going through processes at the moment. Slowly, but it'll get there, I promise.

As for Noa, unless things change, he's going to be gone for quite a while. Two years, if things stay how they are for him.

Also, my mother took the other laptop with her when she went to the hospital, and it has the matchup thread rough draft on it. So I'm unable to do anything with it until she returns, for those of you wondering where it's at.

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
Well once again, in the meantime or when you get it if you need any help, I'm right here to help.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Ah, I don't mean to rush you. If something is to be done right, it's going to take a while.

Just out of curiosity, did Draco say why he is banned? You would think that he murdered someone from the severity of the punishment.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
He did but it's not my place to say, as it involves other smashers as well. It wasn't anything he did, and nothing happened to him. His parents just wanted to pull him out of the community because of certain reasons.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
On another note, Xenosaga Episode I is the longest movie I have ever played.
One of the cut-scenes clocked in at thirty-five minutes long.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
@Vocal, sole's a guy lol. He's pretty good and not a bad TO. And I can understand, ZSS is a weird matchup if you've never approached it much before. When's the tournament? I can try to give you some tips if you'd like, before hand. Not just the ZSS matchup, but in general.
lol now i can cut the he/she crap :laugh: And he's not the TO, ~King is (even though I don't know him I'm guessing other people do lol) but Sole has told me he's going. The tournament is tomorrow actually, venue opens at 11 and it starts between 12 and 12:30 if I remember correctly. AND YES, GOD YES PLEASE GIVE ME POINTERS lol :) I've been playing with Wer on wifi a little bit and he gave me some tips on recovery, and I've been playing lots of wifi in general to know a little more of what to expect from characters (like I learned yesterday that fireballs give enough shield stun for Mario to go into his jab game O_o) but I could still use every tip you've got :)

And no wonder Noa's been gone so long D: I was really starting to wonder where he's been at, but this makes sense, even if the reasoning behind it might not make sense (I can only speculate). Man, that's a deep blow to the Olimar boards :(

Still, I like to stay positive, and not everything is bad. I liked that when I read the new posts and someone said "we should do this" Hilt's response was "I'm already on it" :laugh:

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Yeah Vocal, I didn't mean Sole was the TO for this tournament, but he does run/co-run tournaments quite a bit. Come in the chat room later today and I'll see what I can do to help you out.

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
So guys, a Rally's hamburger shop thing opened up in my town, anyone have stories or experiences of going there? Also what should I get?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
omg jules you've never had rally's?? they have the best fries ever. ever.

their chocolate milkshakes are pretty incredible too

and the probably have the best fast food burgers next to hardee's

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
Thanks hilt :D and yep <3 hardee's but that's called carls jr. Over here in the west coast.

Sooo hungry right now... I never have food haha, btw any jello lately?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
OMG RALLY'S!!!!!!!! They closed in my hometown years ago, how I miss them! Hilt speaks the truth, their fries are amazing, you get fewer of them than you would at another place but it's totally worth it. And as for burgers, I'd suggest either the Big Buford or that bacon burger (forget the name) but really you can't go wrong :) *quashes envy* :)

And @Hilt, I can't go 2 the chat right now, but I'll prob b there in about an hour or so, busy preparing other things for tomorrow at the moment

EDIT: And hey, you live in California, do you have an In and Out Burger? I was introduced to the chain over Spring Break and quickly fell in love lol

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
lol carls jr?? XD too good
nope no jello lately, i really need to start making it more often @_@

that's cool vocal, i'll try to stay in there for a bit
btw vocal do you have raising caines up where you live? i know they have it in columbus but wasn't sure if they have it near you O:

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
My mom LOVES In n Out and we travel a lot so I eat it quite often... omg those burgers.. never get enough

Thanks for the tips on Rally's :D

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I'll take a 3x3 - ANIMAL STYLE! lol i love novelty in my food order :)

and what's the url of the Oli chat? xat.com/shyguycanceling, right?

nvm. I'm there :p

Top Bottom