• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I've also had Jack in the Box once in my life and it was fantastic, while we're talking about burger joints has anyone been there? I spent a wonderful night with a steakburger once, and when I awoke in the morning it was gone :( Then I remembered how good it tasted and got over it :)

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
Omg I can't believe I am blessed with such good burger joints and no one else has them..

Jack in the Box is really common for me. I just LOVE everything they have, from the 2 for 99cent tacos to the sirloin mini burgers.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Sirloin burger, that's what it was! I knew it was something like that! It was probably the best burger I've ever gotten from a chain joint, absolutely delicious. My city has nothing but McDonalds and BK :( (lol I just got a fun idea for a Metaknight photoshop)

Jane

Smash Hero
duuuuuuuuuude. dont even get me started.

i HATE jack in the box. aside from their 2 for 99 cent tacos, and their AMAZING shakes (ok and theres maybe 2 or 3 other items that are decent), i hate them.

especially the mini sirloin burgers, and their other mini chicken buffalo burgers too. jack in the box is overpriced, their curly fries are overrated, bleh. i still eat it if i have to tho.

BBQTV

Smash Master
their is no jack in the box where i live. we got golden caral. way better

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
you mean golden corral, that buffet place? i don't like buffets =\

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
I just don't like how buffet food tastes, imo they don't use as many spices and such on there food and it comes out sub-par.. oh also I'm really lazy so I don't like going back and forth to get my meals, and then WHEN THERE IS SOMETHING GOOD, (by good I mean better then everything else) there is a huge line for it and there is never any left by the time you get there.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
And now I'm home from my first tourney! It was definitely an experience :) first off, it was a lot more casual than I thought it was going to be. i like that. then it was nice just to see other actual Brawlers lol. I got to play some friendlies (murdered a DDD and a Wolf) but then the actual tourney started. First I played the DDD I played in friendlies, except he went MK. I actually won the first game, but lost the next two (close games, but close doesn't count :/). It was double elimination so then I played another guy. When I found out he was Peach, I worried, but he didn't know how to play her well enough so I won that match 2-0. Then I faced SoleCalibur (ZSS) and got absolutely murdered 2-0. First game I got ***** by the suit pieces and by the second game I was starting to catch on the the mu but not quick enough :/

i could go on but this is already way too long for the social thread lol :chuckle: still, i'm happy to say I've finally been to a tourney and it was great to get in some real life play that's not riddled by lag (powershielding feels amazing!)

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
so, i entered a tourney irl today after not playing brawl even a little for 3 months, and i did very disappointing >_<

green=people i beat
red=people i lost to

D.A Presents "Gauntlet": 06/26/10 RESULTS!!!
1 Anti : $155.00winners bracket: i win 2-1 vs. his mk, winning round 1 on SV, losing round 2 on RC< winning round 3 on green greens, it was legal here :Dlosers bracket: lose 0-3 because i have to stand when i'm playing to play good, but the TV we used forced me to sit to see low enough which messed me up and caused me to get 0-3ed
2 NinjaLink : $77.50-ugh, i won round 1 vs. is ics on sv, got really cocky, lost round 2 vs. his ics on BF, round 3 i CP lylat, he goes diddy, i lose because i have forgot the whole matchup, round 4 i cp castle siege, he goes back to ics, i lose 2 stocks in like 30 seconds, but on last stock almost make a full 3 stock comeback
3 Dabuz : $46.50
4 Orion : $31.00
5 Jash
5 Inui
7 Malcom
7 John 12346-good lucario player, 3 stocked him round 1, barely won round 2
9 Blackanese
9 Minty
9 Doom
9 Blood Cross
13 J Tails
13 Will-i lose round 1 barely on SV, round 2 i CPhim to lylat, win with 2 stocks, round 3 im losing until i get to my last stock when he is second stock 50% and make a huge comeback winning at last stock 20%
13 Dark Peach-regular peach player who doesn't know oli matchup
13 Bizkit
17 chibo
17 Jonah
17 Helper
17 Penta
17 Link X
17 Cheese
17 Money
17 Prawn
25 A2zomg
25 alex strife
25 Red X
25 Hot Boy
25 Allied
25 xivk
25 Mechwarrior

Doubles results!!!
1 Inui+malcom : $126.00-they kept double teaming me with wario+MK, couldn't do anything, lost 1-3
2 Dabuz+chibosempai : $36.00
3 Anti + will: $18.00lost in winners bracket pretty badly, 0-2, nothing specialwon in losers bracket 3-1, nothing special once again
4 Helper's Team
5 Team Allied
5 Ninja Link+jash-beat 2-1, last match my team made a 3 stock comeback by super camping on my last stock
7 Blackanese's Team
7 Minty's Team
9 Payne's Team

one of these last 3 teams my team beat 2-0, nothign special

mms: wes: 1$- won 2-0 vs. his sonic
wes: 3$ won 3-0 vs. his sonic
pentasalia: 3$ vs. his G&W, won 2-0, including a match on rainbow cruise, got 9 hammered first round on SV though xD
random wolf guy for 1$: won 2-0, nothing special

Jane

Smash Hero
really good ****, dabuz

because i have to stand when i'm playing to play good, but the TV we used forced me to sit to see low enough which messed me up and caused me to get 0-3ed
dang, you must stand a lot during tourneys then xD

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Olimars, where you at?

EDIT: And congrats Dabuz, even if you say you're disappointed third place is great :) Also, random thought, whatever happened to the interview thread guys?

RichBrown

Smash Master
Dabuz, you're amazing and all, but you really gotta cut the "I did miserable I placed top 3" act. Words cannot describe how annoying that is. You're fully aware that top 3 in that setting is something to be happy about, or at the very least feel neutral about. But it's definitely not "very disappointing," especially considering you haven't entered in a while (good **** btw). Saying that is just your way of making people think you are better than you really are ("oh he's mad he got 3rd that must mean he gets 1st all the time that must mean he's good omg").

Please don't respond with "oh but I really do hold myself to that standard and you should do the same" BS or anything like that. Lets start being real here.

Just let your results do the talking. I personally know you're already a **** player (you've taught me a lot of ****) and you don't need to put on a facade to promote it ;)

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, I remember you from the chat eons ago.
Didn't you go by another name as well? "Logan" or something similar?
Yeah, my name is Logan. You helped me get homebrew on my brother's wii, iirc. Is there still an Olimar chat?

edit: haha what's up logan (that was your name right?)
Playing Melee, mostly. What's up with you, mang?

losers bracket: lose 0-3 because i have to stand when i'm playing to play good, but the TV we used forced me to sit to see low enough which messed me up and caused me to get 0-3ed
Lol, interesting john.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Yeah, my name is Logan. You helped me get homebrew on my brother's wii, iirc. Is there still an Olimar chat?
Yup! I'm flattered that you remember.
There is still a chat, but nobody goes in there unless somebody lights up the bat signal.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Dabuz, you're amazing and all, but you really gotta cut the "I did miserable I placed top 3" act. Words cannot describe how annoying that is. You're fully aware that top 3 in that setting is something to be happy about, or at the very least feel neutral about. But it's definitely not "very disappointing," especially considering you haven't entered in a while (good **** btw). Saying that is just your way of making people think you are better than you really are ("oh he's mad he got 3rd that must mean he gets 1st all the time that must mean he's good omg").

Please don't respond with "oh but I really do hold myself to that standard and you should do the same" BS or anything like that. Lets start being real here.

Just let your results do the talking. I personally know you're already a **** player (you've taught me a lot of ****) and you don't need to put on a facade to promote it ;)
too bad its not a facade, i'm disappointed because i'm a perfectionist and i dropped sets to people i have taken sets from before, its a good reason to be disappointed, sorry i come off as someone trying to sound better than i am, but i honestly am not trying to sound like that, its just me being such a "play to win" mentality perfectionist

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Hey, the results from my first tourney just got posted, and I'm kind of disappointed...I only got second out of 50 and lost to a really good player :(

I kid of course :laugh: Don't sweat it Dabuz, 3rd is great, and you'll likely place higher next time. But really, my results did just get posted; I got 9th out of 17, so not too terrible for my first time out of the gate :) Definitely looking forward to getting some more tourney action though, I think I'm going to one in Pittsburgh, PA on the 10th, long as I can arrange travel

EDIT: Oh yea, here's the link for the results thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10619577#post10619577

I got sent to losers bracket by Keist 1-2, won against Travis 2-0, then got eliminated by Sole 0-2

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
lol I love it, except for the fact that you completely screwed up the colors; his suit isn't even CLOSE to the right shade of green, and if I didn't know any better I'd say you didn't even TRY to paint the pink boots ;)

that purple pikmin reminds me of Barney Gumble for some reason ?:/

Xyless

Smash Master
You don't know how difficult it is to not try. The helmet was planned to be a circle at first, but when my touchpad did a small hiccup, I was like "huh...all right" and went with it.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
I'm to lazy for statistics but my last 3 tournies I got 2nd out of like 30, 3rd out of about 20, and 1st out of 19... links later in results thread

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Getting on smashboards SUCKS when you dont have a computer, and are Ford's with your ginormous hands yo used your touch screen only Phone :/

P.S I think Luigi is wayyyy harder to deal with than peach.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Everytime there is a tourney in My area, I kinda stop posting on my character boards because of having to organize them and ****. I'm back on until the next one, I c we have a matchup thread going on, great :]

I made a wonderful picture of Olimar today.

u make these for every character lol

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Everytime there is a tourney in My area, I kinda stop posting on my character boards because of having to organize them and ****. I'm back on until the next one, I c we have a matchup thread going on, great :]

u make these for every character lol
Good to see you back though, the more the merrier :)

EDIT: Hey everyone, in case you haven't seen, MK's planking is broken. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267257

Dnyce

Smash Master
I wonder if the people who come in here and say "I saw the thread title, just posting" etc get an infraction for spam D=?

Cause, ya know Hilt.... that would be hilarious (smirk)

jk

Top Bottom