• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Sync, don't beat yourself up so much.
I think this was your first big tourny to play Oli, being under pressure is normal.

And even if Pierce did apologize he's still an *** for saying in the first place.
It's rude and uncalled for to do it in the first place.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I honestly can't believe Pierce did that while commentating. I thought he was better than that.

Sync.

Smash Champion
It was my first big tournament as Olimar. Thanks Tofer :) I didn't even know Pierce was being mean. My girlfriend said he was on the stream, but I thought it was just a little bit...

Sync.

Smash Champion
Thanks Hilt! You're cool too, especially with that Natalia avatar! What's the point in dwelling on my performance once? I will just work on it until it's my time to shine :]

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Oh that was Pierce lol. I don't blame him, I don't play Marth. It's ok I'll just **** at a national. It just wasn't my time yet XD
But mk is gone now right? So olimar will win everything.

Sync I saw some of your videos on the apex YouTube or whatever, the commentators were *******s -_-

:phone:
Sync, don't beat yourself up so much.
I think this was your first big tourny to play Oli, being under pressure is normal.

And even if Pierce did apologize he's still an *** for saying in the first place.
It's rude and uncalled for to do it in the first place.
I honestly can't believe Pierce did that while commentating. I thought he was better than that.
what did peirce do?
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13914750&postcount=15

Sync, I was looking for you, because I wanted to apologize in person.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Hey Pierce I made a similar joke like that with Texas so I feel ya on that.

And it's cool Pierce. I understand running a huge tournament is stressful (Experience from WHOBO and HOBO series) so it really is cool. I was playing horrible and I barely touch Marth so I don't blame you. Just know I have no hard feelings for you so don't feel bad :)

Just commentate at the next national I'm at when I'm not playing like **** (I'm pretty good in Texas I suppose) so you can say good things about me :)

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Oh also, I just generically hate all Marths as a rule. No matter what, I will always **** talk Marth players. I tell Mike_Haze he sucks on a regular basis. Obviously this is not true, and not what I believe.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I agree. Sync IS too nice.
We need to teach him to be an *******. It could only benefit him as a T.O.!

Rust

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rustic
So, like, I'm kinda back? A little bit? Iunno, we'll see how it goes :<

Hi everybody who I haven't met yet because I haven't read previous pages to this one. And also hello again to everyone that I remember but never really made an impact on :cool:

I stopped playing for a long while, so now I'm just practicing my basics again.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
So, like, I'm kinda back? A little bit? Iunno, we'll see how it goes :<

Hi everybody who I haven't met yet because I haven't read previous pages to this one. And also hello again to everyone that I remember but never really made an impact on :cool:

I stopped playing for a long while, so now I'm just practicing my basics again.

sounds like....
you're a little rusty
:cool:

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rust

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rustic
Your joke burns me like a thousand farting Warios D=<

Oh hey Rust, haven't seen you around here in forever. Diggin the Fairy Tail sig.
I had that back when I was (sorta but still not really) active =o

People have gotten into Fairy Tale since then? Or did you say the same thing before and I just don't remember? ^^;;

Dnyce

Smash Master
So, from what I understand... there's been one piece of advice that has keep our metagame far behind the japanese - "stay grounded vs metaknight". Otherwise, we're slightly ahead in all our other problem match-ups, including ICs... which nietono plays it exactly how delux and I do (minus platform drop oos, if you've been keeping up with what I've been writing about it).

So... I'm wondering... what other age old advice have we glued to that may be holding us back?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Staying grounded in general. He was in the air so much when he would camp, you'd think he mained Kirby.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Staying grounded in general. He was in the air so much when he would camp, you'd think he mained Kirby.
***** played marth whenever there was a sword on screen... but if you look at it, we have a LOT more options (on reaction) from SH than we do grounded. Also abusing our fast fall and feeling comfortable on platforms was something I noticed.

Imma have a little more faith in red pikmin though, lol. His primary reason was that red pikmin mess up the CG on fox XD. Overall we have wider options since blues and reds are essentially the same in most categories (from interview with him).

edit: nietono has many tricks for doubles, despite his country barely playing it :)

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I have a bit more I'd like to discuss, but I have to get to the store before it closes.
Did you ask him why he airdodges when momentum canceling, though?

Jane

Smash Hero
because if you get knocked to a top corner for example, upair + fastfall can potentially kill you early. so the next fastest option is airdodge + jump

Dnyce

Smash Master
If you fast fall for you momentum cancel, your fast fall can't reach your 'true' fast fall speed. It'll be in between your regular fall and your fast fall speed. As I mentioned already, we aren't abusing the true potential of our fast fall.

From what I noticed, using our fast fall to bait something, then our double jump + fast fall (which sinks like a ****ing rock) avoid a lot of recovery trouble we've been having.

Also, whistle vs air dodginging debate seems to move toward option selecting for our opponent. By that I mean... if we're going to be hit, which will put us in a situation most beneficial. Usually it's to force an attack either upward or toward the stage.

SethT

Smash Ace
After this week I'm pretty much leaving the scene for good.

D:?

I'm dissapointed in myself, partied through most of apex and wish now I hadn't. I managed to check the stream once to see the commentators eating which was endulging, oh and I saw that kadaj marth player do that sick tech to that comp ROB.

Holy **** Neiatono(?spelling) utilizes his fair so well.

zmx

Smash Lord
Sup guys (been another long Hiatus xD). Hope some of ya'll catched me on stream at Apex either playing or commentating :p. What have people saying since Apex?
I heard you commentating for a doubles match. IIRC it was the one for ADHD and Nairo, you did a good job imo. And I also think I saw you in a doubles match but I forgot who you were playing.

And all the buzz right now is MK and his legality (and stages). Check the metagame data and ruleset discussion section if you're curious.

Edit:

Lol forgot you're a URC member. You DEFINETLY need to see what's going on.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
:dededebrawl:?

That's actually very sensible, Squid. If you aren't enjoying it, don't do it.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Actually my last post needs more of an exposition. I met dabuz and shortly thereafter RichBrown and got the biggest hug from dabuz, right after he had won on stream. Finally meeting you was awesome and it's incredible how far you've taken the character. I know how much work you put in and you deserve every bit of success you've gotten.

Then RichBrown, meeting you although you probably didn't know this at the time, was my favorite moment in all competitive gaming ever because of something you said. You said that I was the first, and that it was an honor meeting me, and though I never felt like I deserved anything like that, I still felt really proud and just, I'm not really sure, I can't describe the feeling that I had at that time. I felt like more than any of the money I'd ever won or anything like that, all the hard work finally paid off and a huge weight lifted off my shoulders because there was a pro player saying it was an honor to meet me. That was awesome, but...

The fact was, in quick succession I met a couple of the absolute american pinnacles of the character I used to play. I used to be pretty good and I came up with a lot of stuff but you guys took what I left and made the character so much better than I ever thought was possible. I'm not joking when I say I'm tearing up writing this because in truth, it was an honor meeting you RichBrown, dabuz, everybody. It's mutual and I'm so ridiculously proud and also a little disappointed I didn't decide to stick around for the ride you guys have been on, but I can live vicariously through all of you. So just keep it up :D
Dude =)

I meant what I said, you really were the one to give all of us our start, and you should feel proud of that. It was definitely a pleasure to get to meet you :3

Top Bottom