• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
No lie homie. It'd be hilarious.

I'm loving every second of this either way. Oh and I could have translated for RAIN's commentary, I understood him

DtJ SquidBurrMoneyBurr

Smash Champion
Ballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballsballs

Benny The Jet Rodriguez

Smash Apprentice
shoutouts to dabuz, fino, richbrown and andrew who I met all for the first time at apex. those japanese olimars looked pretty good, along with otori and kakera. apex was a hella fun time.

Benny The Jet Rodriguez

Smash Apprentice
Actually my last post needs more of an exposition. I met dabuz and shortly thereafter RichBrown and got the biggest hug from dabuz, right after he had won on stream. Finally meeting you was awesome and it's incredible how far you've taken the character. I know how much work you put in and you deserve every bit of success you've gotten.

Then RichBrown, meeting you although you probably didn't know this at the time, was my favorite moment in all competitive gaming ever because of something you said. You said that I was the first, and that it was an honor meeting me, and though I never felt like I deserved anything like that, I still felt really proud and just, I'm not really sure, I can't describe the feeling that I had at that time. I felt like more than any of the money I'd ever won or anything like that, all the hard work finally paid off and a huge weight lifted off my shoulders because there was a pro player saying it was an honor to meet me. That was awesome, but...

The fact was, in quick succession I met a couple of the absolute american pinnacles of the character I used to play. I used to be pretty good and I came up with a lot of stuff but you guys took what I left and made the character so much better than I ever thought was possible. I'm not joking when I say I'm tearing up writing this because in truth, it was an honor meeting you RichBrown, dabuz, everybody. It's mutual and I'm so ridiculously proud and also a little disappointed I didn't decide to stick around for the ride you guys have been on, but I can live vicariously through all of you. So just keep it up :D

Benny The Jet Rodriguez

Smash Apprentice
Aha, yeah, no, didn't mistake you. You have how many people I had to ask just to find out what you looked like, and then somebody pointed out the general area where you were so that's why I just stood there and yelled I'M LOOKING FOR FINO

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
And there it is.

BTW. Sync, don't feel too bad. There'll be other nationals. Houston holds one every year. :3

asob4

Smash Champion
But mk is gone now right? So olimar will win everything.

Sync I saw some of your videos on the apex YouTube or whatever, the commentators were *******s -_-

:phone:

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Sync I saw some of your videos on the apex YouTube or whatever, the commentators were *******s -_-
I couldn't load the full video, but I just clicked in three random places on the Garm video and saw what you were talking about each time.
Who are those (EDIT: commentators), anyway?

Exdeath

Smash Master
But mk is gone now right? So olimar will win everything.

:phone:
Not really. Now instead of knowing 3 hard MUs, it's necessary to know at least 5 hard MUs. Furthermore, two of the best Olimars probably won't be entering anymore U.S. tournaments. Ultimately, Olimar will see relatively less success than he did in the months leading up to and including APEX 2012.

Top Bottom