• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Want to play Xillia but no PS3 :(

#dit clover just ready your response you're my buddy brother don't hate me ^^ we don't talk on aim anyjore

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
You should get on AIM more often, then. :<

I'm on at almost completely random times during the morning/afternoon/evening/night. Just shoot at random and hope you hit me. It's usually during the evening/night, though.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I broke someone's shield today with ledge drop > DJ red uair > instant return > purple bdacus =D

How I didn't poke their shield.... God only knows, lmao

Dnyce

Smash Master
papa fino teach me how to beat d3 please
*looks at apex pools*

oh

ummm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D67oDQ_IZNU

That might help a bit, though it's a little old. ^^;

Ummmmmmmmmmm.... if they're approaching near the ground, relentlessly mash sideB. If they're jumping high enough to where it's somewhat unsafe/ineffective for you to sideB, go for uairs. Make sure every purple pikmin toss hits, but don't count on them knocking him away since he's good at watching your line and pshielding. I'd say throw grabs out on landing if he's close on the ground to punish him for shielding the pikmin toss - ideally you would want to do a shield grab input instead of your grab input on landing so you don't shield buffer (meaning you land and shield / do nothing instead of land and grab).

Pivot grabbing his approaching is probably the best way to counter any of his grounded approaches, aside from ftilt. Since he's running towards you, the whole DDD's spot dodge is busted cause he goes into the z-axis bull **** doesn't matter because our grab goes along the ground and will grab him out of spot dodges.

When he dthrows and goes for the rouge dash attack, our get-up attack sometimes beats it... but not always (don't understand it really).... if that helps at all, lol.

Watch out for the reverse inhale mix-ups when he's in the air. You can throw out upsmash and he'll suck the hitbox toward him, but again... it doesn't reliably hit him. If he's off stage, just throw fsmashes out. It'll beat inhale every time and it'll give him a ****ty time getting back on stage.

If you want to play it safe, I feel it's worth making fthrow/bthrow stale to get him off stage. It's even more difficult for him to deal with pikmin and you essentially build all the damage you want when he's on the ledge. If you choose to go with that, blue uthrow should reliably kill around 160-170 so long as you haven't staled it too much.

I forget what combos are guaranteed on him =/ just play around and have fun with it, lol

Use waddles as an opportunity to fresh your moves... jab em or somethin ;o

Gordo won't hit you if you're standing/running/doing anything on the ground. If you don't want to take any risks, do a grounded pikmin toss. At that point it's impossible for it to hit.

If you're juggling DDD with uair, aim for the front side... it'll make hitting through his dair a lot easier.

For stages, you want all the room you can get... and (imo) all the purples/blues. BF is almost as long as FD if you want something standard. Lylat and delfino are pretty good if you want purples, PS1 and delfino are the only ones that will help you out with blues. The layout for lylat makes it stupid hard for DDD to get in (especially if you position yourself on the lower end of the tilt), but at the same time it slightly hurts your ability to take back stage control. If you're on the lower end, a grounded purple pikmin toss works as both a solid anti-air and anti ground against him, taking out most of the guessing. Delfino is good, but there will be stall phases in which the layout is better for him. Halberd also has a higher purple count (but only the beginning part and the platform), and if you chose to use blue uthrow as your primary kill option he'll die around 140-145 fresh.

For bans, I would say a smaller stage is going to hurt a lot more than the pikmin pluck ratio... so smashville, castle siege, or frigate? I only mention frigate because of the first phase.... we slaughter DDD on the second phase by camping the middle (just watch out for him trying to slide toward you w/ FF bair on the slope).

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, if you have any specific questions just shoot ;o

Dnyce

Smash Master
yoooooo, *****es.... hit me up on skype.... dabuz and I are going through the nietono vids and picking him apart. Rich said he'd be on soon as well.

JOIN US! :OOOOOOOOO

DUB

Smash Lord
The last game on FD of Vinnie vs. Nietono is ridiculous. Looked like a really good use of splitting them, getting nana off, while keeping popo away.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Not to America :]

I think Nietono just got lucky Vinnie was playing a little scared and dropping grabs on FD... if Vinnie was like super on his **** like he usually is I think he'd at least took games off.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Sounds like JOHNS to me. :p

Pools for every potential Olimar player I could see:
Pool 2

dabuz
M. Prime
Wes
Serriph
Gawk

Pool 10

Logic
telu
Wedge
Luminoth
THuGz

Pool 13

NEO
Domo
Gunblade
Lunar
Prof3ssor MGW

Pool 16

Denti
Z
HelpR
Litez
Wang

Pool 23

coney
Zori
Asa

ShadowAzure
Red Ryu

Pool 26

Brood
TeeVee
That Random Apostle
Sharky
2link121

Pool 39

pwii
TKila
DeLux
Whoyouwit559
SoraSin

Pool 46

WarioMaster15
[YRSF] Tin Man
Tiger
wWw Sphere
DJ Arcatek

Pool 58

Rich Brown
Zorai
XLR8
TempesT
FGCU Veggi

Pool 64

Nietono
Kai
Fujin
TheSaberGuy
Skirby

Pool 73

Jtails
Fino
True Blue
Biddy
Eber415

Pool 80

Shadow
Sync
Joe ST
King
Garm

13 total players across 12 pools.
If I missed anyone, let me know.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Yeah, MGW definitely has his work cut out for him.
TKila might not make it out. Lux knows how to play Olimar from his experience with Fino.
I think TKila also has a Metaknight, though. Not sure how Pwii is against Olimar or Lux is against M.K.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Pwii is not as good as he is in other MUs against Olimar but still super solid. I don't think he's beaten Denti yet(Dennti isn't in the pools???). I think I can take 1st seed in my pool!

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Huh. I distinctly remember copy+pasting Denti's pool.
Maybe that's why Pool 13 was on there twice the first time I posted the list. Denti's in Pool 16 and the next Olimar on the list after 13, so it just must not have copied.

I'll update it in a sec.

EDIT: Updated. But yeah, that doesn't change previous statements. Denti's got his pool.

EDIT 2: Let's see... Your pool, Sync...
I've never heard of Shadow, but I've been told he's from NY/NJ. He might be this guy.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Yeah he does! Also that is Shadow! I know who he is! He's an old school MK who used to be really good don't know how he is recently. I'm prepared for a challenge!

C.J.

Smash Master
Shadow used to be an amazing MK- and still is extremely solid. He plays Wario as well and has had a really strong showing at the concentrate series using Wario. I'm sure his vids are on youtube somewhere.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
TKila has two people in his pool that have a lot of Olimar experience. Pwii sounds familiar, I think I know him actually.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
You'd remember his hair.
He used to be a NY player, BTW.

Top Bottom