• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

roy as a jiggs counter

Hax

Smash Champion
i'm a top falcon, however i have no knowledge of roy and how he fares against jiggs. after realizing his up-b OHKOs her, i've been wondering what the roy boards (whatever's left of them lol) think of the matchup. please let me know; i might have to pick up roy =)

TresChikon

Smash Lord
It's tough to land reverse blazers unless they miss a rest or misspace an aerial/pound which only scrubb Jiggs do.

You'll most likely never land a clean smash and you'll get ***** for trying.

Tilts and crappy aerials are all you really got.

Just a reaaaalllllyyyy annoying poking war.

D

Deleted member

roy loses to jiggly. all aerial opponent + no aerial KO moves = fail.

just stick to falcon.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
reverse up b is only justified if they miss a rest. all that can be said is space and poke. retreating fairs is iight.

and oh yeah, you cant kill jiggs w/ roy. it takes too long, unless u get a lucky smash.

on a social note, i heard that you were around my age, and you live on EC. id love to play you sometime. :) can i aim u?

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Roy sucks against Jiggs. Roy has bad aerials and not so good poke moves for things in the air so he can't outspace jiggs. He doesn't have any good ko moves that are safe in the slightest. He is light so he gets off the stage pretty early which is not good since he is easier to edgeguard than most characters.. Not to mention his shield doesn't help much either with this match either since bair has a better chance of shield stabbing and stupid stuff like that.

The OHKO reverse up b doesn't even kill jiggs if the player just DIs at least on most stages I don't know about Yoshi Story, but whatever. This matchup sucks don't ever try it in tournament. Hax, I wouldn't put it past you to make a joke thread, but just in case I gave reasons for why Roy sucks against Jiggs.

unknown522

Some guy
i'm a top falcon, however i have no knowledge of roy and how he fares against jiggs. after realizing his up-b OHKOs her, i've been wondering what the roy boards (whatever's left of them lol) think of the matchup. please let me know; i might have to pick up roy =)
hell no. Roy gets absolutely destroyed by jiggs. Also, the up-b thing only kills puff on yoshi's story (unless they don't DI on FD). After that, it's like using a VERY VERY bad marth, who can't combo and has no damage output.

use fox, or marth vs jiggs.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
hell no. Roy gets absolutely destroyed by jiggs. Also, the up-b thing only kills puff on yoshi's story (unless they don't DI on FD).
It'll kill on stadium too, even if they DI.
But yeah, point still stands. Reverse upB doesn't have much range, and if you whiff its a free rest. Only two stages you can depend on the reverse upB to kill, and the only real time you can use it is out of shield...and no puffs will be landing right in front of your shield.

Roy's two redeeming features, his down tilt and fsmash, are pretty much useless against jiggs. She's never going to be on the ground, and all of her priority tears through fsmash. Grab game is zilch since shes floaty, the only real thing thats possible is down throw -> fsmash at super low percents, and thats only if they DI wrong.

The only thing roy can really do in the match up is overB tap -> jab over and over, and then hope jiggs does something dumb at kill percents.

rhan

Smash Hero
Roy only has his reverse blazer in the matchup. Even then that's still DI'able.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
using roy is like unprotected sex. yeah, its fun. but next thing u know, you have a child-and your tied to the ***** for the rest of your short life.

Smoke and smash

Smash Journeyman
It's possible to set up jiggs for a downsmash, which kills jiggs at relatively ok percents. Upsmash kills jiggs too. Uhhh backthrow and hope they DI towards you?

It's such a tough matchup if the jiggs doesn't play sloppy honestly. Jiggs is just too much an *******.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Roy takes Jiggs, impales her on his sword, ignites her, and has kebab for supper.

In my dreams.

Roy does counter Ness, though, I believe. :laugh:

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
I used Roy against Hbox in pools a while back, and split the 2 games 1 and 1. I'd like to play him in it again in the near future. I've also Counterpicked Raistlin and KishPrime with Roy in tourney too.

GGs upb kills no matter what too. And I believe she dies on BF without DI.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Dont bother with roy or marth man

STICK TO FALCON falcon ***** jiggs dammit

or go doc, its all cool i guess...
LOL my friend's Doc was ****** my Falcon this past weekend, so I switched to Doc (a character I NEVER play) and ravaged him on YS. Doc counters Jiggs, seriously.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I almost beat chexar at smym 10 on dreamland. it was pretty close, but I made a mistake of charging a f-smash all the way instead of charging blazer for longer. IDK if it would have made a difference. he was only at 10%

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
I almost beat chexar at smym 10 on dreamland. it was pretty close, but I made a mistake of charging a f-smash all the way instead of charging blazer for longer. IDK if it would have made a difference. he was only at 10%
Chexr*

when in the air sideb > reverse blazer is hot. i've pulled that a few times on puffs. not good puffs..but it was still cool.

joeplicate

Smash Master
yeah maybe he cc'd it

on the stages it doesn't kill on, you can make up for it by camping the platforms
then when you reverse up b you'll be higher up and they'll die
:3

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
If Jiggs has more damage, doesn't the reverse up B kill evenutally on any stage? I was just playing some smash today and I wasn't able to kill my opponent at 0% on FD, but I started killing him around 40%+ with it.

Also, I remember on time killing an aerial Kirby with it lawl. Reverse Up B is funny.

unknown522

Some guy
Eh? Thats strange, I've seen plenty of Jigglies DI and still die.
Yeah, it was some weird ****. KK was there (if you know who he is).

Edit: KK and I tested it out today. If Jiggs DIs away from roy on the ground, she will survive the up-b on stadium.

You can't DI it inwards, or it will still kill you

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
If Jiggs has more damage, doesn't the reverse up B kill evenutally on any stage? I was just playing some smash today and I wasn't able to kill my opponent at 0% on FD, but I started killing him around 40%+ with it.

Also, I remember on time killing an aerial Kirby with it lawl. Reverse Up B is funny.
I thought it was set knockback which is why this works at low percents, but I really don't know.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
KK and I tested it out today. If Jiggs DIs away from roy on the ground, she will survive the up-b on stadium.
Well, that sucks :ohwell:

So it turns out Roy's fthrow is much better against Jiggs than I thought...'till a couple weeks ago I thought she was out of stun after she stops spinning, but not so. If they DI in fthrow -> fair works well, and if they DI away its a free tech chase.

Top Bottom