• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

roy as a jiggs counter

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Thats what I thought too, but I played against a respectable jiggs player and it was working. I'll test it out for sure when I get the chance.
(Or you can whenever you do, heh)

unknown522

Some guy
Thats what I thought too, but I played against a respectable jiggs player and it was working. I'll test it out for sure when I get the chance.
(Or you can whenever you do, heh)
yeah, KK and I were testing it. Jiggs won't hit the ground if she DIs away (or up + away) and can jump. Roy can't reach her with anything.

If jiggs DIs down + away, then she will hit the ground before getting out of hit stun.

Jiggs is gay.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Or kill her with upthrow if her percentage permits, it's deceptively strong.

Hey unknown, if you read where she will DI and throw accordingly, like instead of F-throw you trick her into poorly DI'ing your B-throw, could you still follow up and do something decent with your grab?

unknown522

Some guy
you can d-throw -> F-smash if she DIs the throw inward (it doesn't actually link, but you'll clip her jump, or beat her attack when she's below 20%). If she DI's your d-throw away, you can re-grab her between 0 - 7%.

If she DIs the F-throw inward, you can get a f-air / u-air / side-b / possible dash attack.

Veggiez

Smash Apprentice
Puff's DI (or, movement in air) is too fast when WoPing to land reverse Blazer. Yea, as someone said, it's only viable with a missed rest. But, what really good Puff would miss a rest? Roy's Fsmash is great, but what Puff stays on the ground for more than 1 second? Oh wait, tech chasing. That'd help get the KO with Roy's super Fsmash of doom.

But still, landing a reverse Blazer is more than satisfying if you do get it in =)

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
Hey unknown, if you read where she will DI and throw accordingly, like instead of F-throw you trick her into poorly DI'ing your B-throw, could you still follow up and do something decent with your grab?
jiggs can di ur throws down and put a major whole in that plan.
and jiggs can crouch ur grab(unless u are up against her, something that wont happen vs jiggs) and punish u w/ rest.

rest- the reliable ohko

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If she doesn't DI away or down+away at low percent on F-throw you can Dash Attack and maybe follow that with Uair or something.

If she doesn't DI away or crouch cancel you can combo tipped D-tilt --> Fair for a long time.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
grabing is like saying "kill me w/ rest please."

iirc, a dash grab(not jc) isnt crouchable.

but thats like saying "float far away from my dash grab and rest me in the noticable lag."

Veggiez

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Nova on this, despite Roy's great grab range, Puff's DI is too much to handle, and her landing lags of 0-2 don't help us either, especially when she lands on the other side of the universe when she does. Seriously, is there a point in trying to grab? If so, any Puff would DI out of it, killing our combos ezpz.

Just switch to Fox should a Puff not named Mang0 pop up.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Jigglypuff's landing lag is four frames, just like everyone else's.

'Cept Bowser and Pichu and Donkey Kong and Ganondorf. But who cares about them, amirite?

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
So don't fsmash Jigglypuff randomly? I don't see how that makes the matchup difficult.

Unless you're Drephen =P

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
basically, the only reason that marth vs jiggs is better than roy vs jiggs is marths fair.

no grab, fsmash, or gaying. only reliable killer is punishing missed rests.

im talking HIGH LEVEL. like hbox/mango.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Jigglypuff's weight means it's going to be much harder to DI Marth's fthrow/dthrow, off of which Marth has pseudo-chaingrabs and tippers.

Also Marth's dashdance ain't shabby either.

It's not a fun matchup, by any means, but it's not a bad one for Marth.

Top Bottom