• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROM 5 - Mew2King vs Unknown522

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamek

Smash Rookie
Are you forgetting the part where Unknown completely lost his mind and attacked him? In that state of blind rage, you don't tend to remember trivial things like "what he screamed in my ear", just that he screamed in your ear so loud it hurt.
You tend to completely forget what caused you to be in a blind rage but nothing else about the situation that occured close to losing control of yourself? Unknown didn't seem to have trouble recalling the things he did right before that, what he did, or what others did right before he had enough. It just seems fishy to me that the only thing he apparently can't remember is what Inui said.

I'm not going to make a complete judgement until we hear what happened from a 3rd party, but I am going to try to point out things that don't really make sense to me from Unknown's story (I may be slightly biased towards Inui due to the primacy effect), but I also see many more people blaming the victim and calling for Inui to be banned than those defending him, and I didn't think that was necessarily fair to him.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
You tend to completely forget what caused you to be in a blind rage? Unknown didn't seem to have trouble recalling the things he did right before that, what he did, or what others did right before he had enough. It just seems fishy to me that the only thing he apparently can't remember is what Inui said.

I'm not going to make a complete judgement until we hear what happened from a 3rd party, but I am going to try to point out things that don't really make sense to me from Unknown's story (I may be slightly biased towards Inui due to the primacy effect), but I also see many more people blaming the victim and calling for Inui to be banned than those defending him, and I didn't think that was necessarily fair to him.
seriously, stop posting if you are going to ignore posts that directly answer ur question, and only respond to ones that you can twist to into making it seem like theirs no way unknown could have forgotten what was said that caused him to rage Its a ***** move.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Premium
By the way Revven.

Seagull Joe and Kain are two different people.

... Just an fyi.

Guy saying ******** brawlers is ********. Smash can't catch a break. Easy solution. Ban the EC. All the problems are over then.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Unknown's already faced repercussions, no one's arguing that he was the total victim. Most people are calling for Inui to face repercussions since; he's done this in the past, he was asked to stop, he was yelled at and told to move away, he was warned by the TO, he continued to poke at Unknown and felt proud in what he did and finds it funny that Unknown took all the blame and said he would do it again because he's not in the wrong. And he isn't in the wrong because we're telling him what he did was perfectly fine.

I don't like Inui playing the victim then turning around and laughing about it. Dwelling on Unknown's post about ear damage is bull****. It's not about that, it's about whether or not Inui was harassing him and continued multiple times after being told to stop because he knew there would be no repercussions. That's why I want repercussions, **** talk and harassment are different things and I'm waiting for Cactus to give his account, only person I'd trust. If all he said was "mad cute gimp" then he didn't cross a line, but I highly ****ing doubt he said that. There's ****ty accounts on both sides...Cactus please.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
idk how people can make blanket statements about the smash community since, when you look at everyone else in the venue, things were handled professionally. Cactuar stopped a potentially dangerous conflict from escalating further, and put an end to it really quickly. M2K played his match without a hitch, and didn't let the drama affect his play (at least somebody learned from RoM 5). The TOs have issued a preliminary judgment (unknown is banned from APEX) and are determining additional punishment on further review. The stream crew took down all the archives, potentially hurting their viewership, to calm speculation until all the details are out (how many youtubers would love to get the viewcount an incident like this generates?).

Thankfully, because everyone else handled things so gracefully, we are invited to Winter Brawl and our relationship with Big E wasn't affected.

This incident is about 2 people, and it only reflects on those two people. These generalizations are destructive and unproductive toward finding a solution.

No community is immune to drama, and the mark of a good community isn't that it has none, but rather how it deals with it after the fact.

AttackParty

Smash Rookie
I'd hate to say it because Inui probably isn't THAT bad of a guy (although I don't know him well,) but I think it would help the community if Inui and Unknown were both banned. Smashboards doesn't mess around with the rules and so I believe that the real-life community should reflect that, even though it's annoying to deal with Smashboard's strictness, this forum always shows a very clear model of how to act and I've grown to respect it. If Inui doesn't get banned then we're making it ok to trash talk at any level in a community that is strict on things like this and that contradicts how we behave on here. I say nip this in the bud and ban both of them. I know, I know! I don't want to see anyone get banned either. But they DID do wrong and it WOULD help the community if there was a strict example set so that this doesn't happen again.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Actually, I was going to thank you on the next podcast, for letting me clarify my thoughts on trash talk etc.

I'd agree with what Wobbles says, I constantly say if you want to determine who is better Mango vs Armada, put them in the same room to play a set, and remove as many biases (crowd participation, etc.) as possible. Unfortunately, that's not a luxury we can afford so we have the argument to this day.

I'll expound upon this more.
Cool, I'm looking forward to it.

Unknown's already faced repercussions, no one's arguing that he was the total victim. Most people are calling for Inui to face repercussions since; he's done this in the past, he was asked to stop, he was yelled at and told to move away, he was warned by the TO, he continued to poke at Unknown and felt proud in what he did and finds it funny that Unknown took all the blame and said he would do it again because he's not in the wrong. And he isn't in the wrong because we're telling him what he did was perfectly fine.

I don't like Inui playing the victim then turning around and laughing about it. Dwelling on Unknown's post about ear damage is bull****. It's not about that, it's about whether or not Inui was harassing him and continued multiple times after being told to stop because he knew there would be no repercussions. That's why I want repercussions, **** talk and harassment are different things and I'm waiting for Cactus to give his account, only person I'd trust. If all he said was "mad cute gimp" then he didn't cross a line, but I highly ****ing doubt he said that. There's ****ty accounts on both sides...Cactus please.
I don't think Cactuar is going to give his account of what happened, for whatever reason. It seems like everyone involved except the actual individuals is keeping everything pretty low key, so I'd guess Alex Strife talked to some people about not broadcasting what happened or something.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Let's just be clear here. If it wasn't Inui no body would be defending Unknown's actions. There is Inui bias going on everywhere. Let's not pretend that people don't have control over their own actions.

Inui is the victim here guys no matter how much we don't like him. He annoyed Unknown, Unknown attacked him, Cactuar broke it up, and then what happened? Unknown was allowed to finish his set and people looked away as if nothing happened. No one really defended Inui except Cactuar and Inui was sitting there by himself right after it happened. No one asked if he was okay(From what I saw) or comforted him. That's mostly Inui's fault because he's made it so no one likes him so no one wanted to comfort him. But, it didn't change the fact that he was still pissed because Unknown basically got a slap on the wrist for what he did. And he deserved to be pissed for the most part. He probably should've walked out of the room instead of finishing watching the set.

The second incident was also Unknown's fault. He walked by Inui and heard Inui talking about him? So what? Unknown just assaulted him and he was talking to some one about it. I think he has the right to do that. Unknown told him to stop and Inui rightfully brushed off what he said and turned around continuing his conversation. Unknown, you just assaulted him, you have no right to tell him he isn't allowed to talk about you.

All that being said. Unknown had the right to be annoyed by Inui's **** talking. It can really get to your head. There were so many other things that could've been done instead of what Unknown did though.

PS: Why should Inui be banned for **** talking? If Unknown didn't attack him no one would say that. So in essence you're trying to pin Unknown's actions on Inui by saying he should be banned too.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
GIMR, the problem is that it seems to have evolved to more than just **** talking. It has, at least to Unknown, gotten to a point where he feels it is personal considering this has happened more than once.

Like, it would be one thing if I went to the tourney and said that exact same stuff, I doubt Unknown would have choked me or whatever. I don't even know him, why would he do that? The difference is that Inui apparently has done this many times, and has even stated he would do it again. THAT is harassment; **** talking is one thing, but targeting one dude just to piss him off while he's trying to concentrate on a game is a whole other thing.

I personally believe Inui should be banned, or at least put on "probation", simply for harassing other players...for making them uncomfortable in what is supposed to be a fun and friendly environment.

hinkage

Smash Apprentice
Uknown was just getting revenge on Inui for that lion all those years ago.

JTsm

Smash Master
This is so hype. So much better drama than the brawl community for sure.

:denzel:

Scar

#HarveyDent
bones can you for once link to your ruleset or post it somewhere so that the people you are trying to get to actually look at it know where to find it?

i always get a bit crazy when someone wants something to happen and doesn't really do anything useful to work towards that end.

edit: and yeah i think we're going to do a pocast on Wednesday 12/5 at 6:00pm PST / 9:00pm EST
PM me if you want to call in and talk about something on air, will ya? you have to have skype installed to call in

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I'd love to look back and read through the past few pages, but can anyone give me a tl;dr of the drama thats happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom