• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROM 5 - Mew2King vs Unknown522

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I just wanted to play smash. I didn't want to stop unknown attacking inui because I'm scared of unknown cuz he said he was going to punch me after rom5 in private convos we had during a facebook argument.
Wait what?

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
you guys are seriously idiots/children if youre justifying aggravated battery

no matter how loudly inui was screaming, he would win if this were brought to court. unfortunately that cant happen because of international law etc

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Just to be clear, earlier I was explaining the impracticality of preventing disorderly conduct without extreme security measures (bouncers, pat-down searches, etc) and how a lot of this isn't in the TO's hands; you can't stop people from being idiots. There are personal responsibilities when attending an event, and among them is following the code of conduct.

So I think pointing fingers at the TOs in terms of preventing the situation is unreasonable, and even if its partly warranted, their share of the blame is miniscule compared to the other parties involved.

However, whether Unknown should have been kicked out after the first altercation is a different story entirely, but considering the fact that he confronted Inui a second time, I think the answer is pretty obvious.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Stuff like this doesn't tend to happen in the brawl community (Drama does of course, but not anything of criminal activity)
Cheese vs Bloodcross?

Man, losing to me really messes people up down the line.
Looks like someone always gets angry in the end. :awesome:

also, you have no right to talk about immaturity in melee community when the brawl community has kiraflax http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVZipXe02EA
looooooooool

I think we've all learned that Mew2King vs Unknown522 shouldn't be tourney legal.

I can't see Melee going anywhere but downhill after Apex 2013. Might be a good time to exit once Armada being world champion is completely set in stone. :awesome:

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
mew2king kind of has a point

not in the sense that there should be rules against disturbing players during tournament though

audience members definitely should have a sense of respect for the players playing

NEVER should a player need to ask someone to quit being disrespectful

if you wanna beat up another player, wait to find them in a dark alleyway or something

Charlesz

Smash Champion
I do not remember everything that was said because unknown was in the middle, I was on the right side, and inui was on the left side. So unknown was closer to inui than me, and I wasn't full paying attention. Because of this I cannot give an opinion on what was said in detail, so don't ask me about that please cuz I cannot say for sure one way or the other with confidence.

I just wanted to play smash. I didn't want to stop unknown attacking inui because I'm scared of unknown cuz he said he was going to punch me after rom5 in private convos we had during a facebook argument. I'm a small weak guy and there's no way I could do anything, nor would I want to even if I could. I just wanted to ****ing play smash, why the **** does this BS drama have to happen again? Why was the set allowed to continue? (I don't care cuz I wanted to redeed/prove myself from after Rom5 though)

I wasn't planning to split even if people asked cuz i didn't want more drama to happen. That's the only reason but an important one.

there should be a rule that if you attack someone physically you're immediately kicked out of the venue with no refund.

and you should have to listen to people if they ask you to move back. Inui should have moved back after the first time unknown asked him to. There should be a punishment if you don't listen to the player after their first request.

both inui and unknown are wrong, but i think violence is much worse. Rules against violence and rules against being too close to players as they are playing (MLG had this rule, which was good) would make the community better.

(I have had tons of people yell in my ear vs Ocean that I couldn't even hear the ****ing game, nor concentrate, but i would never attack someone)

there should be 2 rules
1) Kicked out of the venue immediately if you physically hurt someone (and banned from that tourney series at least)
2) You must stay a certain distance behind players as they play tournament matches. If the player (unknown) asks another player (inui) to move back and to stop, then after the first request, the player (inui) must move back and not do it again, or he will receive some form of punishment.

These 2 are easy to enforce and really should be done

These 2 rules being enforced would make tournaments much better imo.

and we must be STRICT on these rules. Both of them.

i had some good sets with hax this weekend too and everything will be overlooked because of violence which sucks

i want to make up for my rom5 mistake somehow
The real unknown.

Bones0

Smash Legend
and you should have to listen to people if they ask you to move back. Inui should have moved back after the first time unknown asked him to. There should be a punishment if you don't listen to the player after their first request.

i want to make up for my rom5 mistake somehow
Are you saying Inui DIDN'T move back after Unknown asked? Just curious because Inui said he moved back 4 feet after Unknown asked him the first time.

Aside from that, you definitely didn't do anything wrong. As far as making up for RoM, just think of it as you make up for it a little each time you go to a tournament without splitting. And you didn't split, so yay! :awesome:

But seriously, you should just focus on your gameplay and ignore the drama.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Are you saying Inui DIDN'T move back after Unknown asked? Just curious because Inui said he moved back 4 feet after Unknown asked him the first time.

Aside from that, you definitely didn't do anything wrong. As far as making up for RoM, just think of it as you make up for it a little each time you go to a tournament without splitting. And you didn't split, so yay! :awesome:

But seriously, you should just focus on your gameplay and ignore the drama.
I did not look if inui looked back or not. I don't know.

cactuar said i should have told inui to back off after unknown asked so maybe i should have, but i didn't want to get involved at all for obvious reasons

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Can I remind everyone that the whole basis of any defense of Unknown's actions is that Inui was yelling in Unknown's ear, a charge which is totally hearsay on the part of someone who has a vested interest in events being interpreted that way, and which, to my knowledge, has not been substantially corroborated by anyone else in attendance? I mean, has any actual evidence other than Unknown's testimony been brought up? Did an ENT look at Unknown's eardrums and declare them to be injured? Has anyone else there said they also felt pain when they heard Inui yelling?

I don't mean to sound like I'm defending Inui. He's a POS, and his attitude is a poor example for the smash community. And in the future, TO's certainly ought to be more proactive about ensuring actions like his are curbed (if they are, actually a problem). But defending Unknown is absolutely the most biased thing I've seen anyone post here, because it assumes Unknown's memory is a perfect, disinterested account of events, which is absolutely absurd.

Going simply by what can be verified by multiple sources, Inui was heckling Unknown at an indeterminable volume, based on multiple varying accounts, and Unknown responded by engaging Inui with a combative gesture and threatening language, according to multiple concurrent accounts, and action which is demonstrably assault. Later, Inui said something that no one, not even Unknown, can accurately remember, and Unknown responded, by his own account, by once again engaging Inui in a combative stance with threatening language. Then, when Inui responded by disengaging and saying something that, once again, cannot be accurately remembered by anyone, Unknown responded by attacking Inui, and placing him in a chokehold. This escalates the situation from assault to full-on battery, and that's the only account that is agreed on by all parties; worse still is the second incident is even devoid of any reasonable provocation, aside from statements that even Unknown can only speculate on. Banning Unknown from Apex, by this account, is a very lenient response, given that formal charges could even result in jail time.

As to how one can respond to Inui's actions; based on the events described above, all we can really show is that Inui is a controversial figure in the community, and more ought to be done to prevent heckling from having this kind of impact. But Inui's actions are starkly in a moral grey area, and nothing absolute can be said about a proper response to his actions, because they are so indistinct.

The suggestion that banning Unknown and doing nothing to Inui, in this context, is, at best, speculative. And if we're going to speculate, let's get down to the facts. Inui was "running his mouth," not when Unknown had been banned, but while Unknown was attacking him. Going by this, I would suggest that what actually encouraged Inui to continue acting out was not anything Alex Strife did, but was entirely on Unknown for allowing himself to be provoked. Now Inui knows that he can get a rise out of Unknown by being the troglodyte that he is, which means Unknown has made himself a future target, which is all the more reason not to try to displace wrongdoing. Unknown has demonstrated immaturity and a lack of restraint. This can't be blamed on anyone but him.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
inb4pg13tournaments

Edit:

Some people only understand violence. And it's clear that one party easily demonstrated their capacity as a malevolent psychopath executing cloak and dagger for social leverage (Inui).

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
ITT: People arguing that Melee will die off not because of getting dropped from MLG, not because of the release of Brawl, not because of no payouts at the biggest tourney of 2011, not because of a narrowly averted financial catastrophe at the NEXT big tourney, no, but because of two back-to-back minor shenanigans involving a few prominent members of the community. In spite of consistent turnout at big tourneys, upswing in streaming, donations to keep big names going places, continuing evolution of the metagame, advances in other ways to try and stay connected and bring in new members, in spite of the community continuing onward after everything beforehand, this, THIS, this hissyfit between Unknown and Inui is the nail in the coffin that represents the ultimate death of Melee.

smh

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
i wish the eggm hax chokeslam was recorded.

then no one would even care about this cause they'd see eggm trying to kill a 13 year old

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Everyone here is dumb.

Inui got ****ing attacked.

Thats it.
Game over.

who cares if he was screaming?
If i complimented someone's playing, and got choked out, that'd be ****ed up.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Yeah, Inui got attacked and it was completely inappropriate, but Unknown got attacked first, and you can't ignore that just because he retaliated.

derp

Guess all these barlwers aren't used to getting punished so hard for such small mistakes. :troll:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
This thread is so dramatic and dumb that it is actually delightful.
*subscribing*

Also, from my ruleset
[collapse=GENERAL/CONDUCT RULES:]
-BYOC (Bring your own controller) and have it ready for any moment you may be needed.
-Only Authorized Personnel can synchronize Wii Remote Controllers to a Console. Players who use one have to ask an staff member to do so whenever it is needed, also, the player must take the batteries out of the Remote when not playing (if the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen).
-You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, including battery issues. So make sure to use the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
-People is expected to be in their stations in time when they are called. They have a 5-minute margin to show up after the call, or they lose the first match. After 10 minutes, they lose the whole set.
-Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
-No substitutions are allowed.
-Any observer of the match in course must be at a prudent distance from the players until it is finished.
-People is expected to behave and not to phisically or verbally harm others at any moment. Failing to fulfill this point will result in several kind of punishments depending on the TO's discretion, that goes from warnings, DQs, or even remove infractors from the venue.
-Any non-compliance on these points can (and should) be reported to a judge/TO. The penalties are entirely their decision and players involved must abide them.
-Judges, Staff Members and TO's can make adjustments to any of these points if it is necessary for the event to run correctly.​
[/collapse]

Van.

Smash Ace
There is a place for being a thug in this world

the melee community isn't it

we have to let the inuis of the world go unpunished, because that's how it is

unknown is banned, like he should be, inui is despised, like he should be.

now lets move along

Bones0

Smash Legend
You graduate from preschool, elementary school, high school, and college. NOT middle school. I thought this was common knowledge.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You graduate from preschool, elementary school, high school, and college. NOT middle school. I thought this was common knowledge.
And I thought 'Dont be violent at video game tournaments' was common knowledge too.

we are all wrong sometimes.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's pretty sick how quick people make generalization. Melee community is dying because of 2 people? Ban canadians? Cmon... lol. I do feel targeted with that and it's just not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom