• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROM 5 - Mew2King vs Unknown522

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max?

Smash Champion
Unknown's stone cold stunnered one of the biggest herbs in the smash scene on stream at NEC.

Aka, melee is ****ing dead

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
By the way Revven.

Seagull Joe and Kain are two different people.

... Just an fyi.

Guy saying ******** brawlers is ********. Smash can't catch a break. Easy solution. Ban the EC. All the problems are over then.
We're the same person, but our bodies split up to protect the world from making :wolf: high tier. Kain is Piccolo and I am Kami. Once together we will gather enough power to **** at Apex.

Stuff like this doesn't tend to happen in the brawl community (Drama does of course, but not anything of criminal activity). I would expect an older community like the Melee one to be more mature then this as the brawl one is filled with more youth/a younger crowd, but I guess not. Melee bashes our game as if we're lesser beings and always wrong. It's a shame really. I say this as one who is an older smasher and teaches children. It's best to set a good example for the next generation. What will the Smash 4 crowd be like if they learn that their elders are belligerently chauvinistic and asanine?

:018:

oliman

Smash Journeyman
This is seriously ********, wtf has happened to the smash scene
This seriously sucks that the smash community is behaving like this. Disrespecting others and having no shame really tarnishes our image, ESPECIALLY since our goals are to attract more newcomers and impress the fighting game community. We pretty much disproved the "blanket accusation right here"

Tron Cat

Smash Rookie
I heard about this, and I feel like people just generally dislike Inui so they're trying to justify the fact that someone took physical action (An offense that could warrant a hefty fine or even jail time [depending on how bad it was]) against another player in a video game tournament. Grow the **** up, and leave that "I'ma snuff this ***** for talkin' ****" attitude back in the boonies. As far I see it, anyone who feels the need to physically attack someone for their words during a high intensity environment where MANY MANY more words are thrown at a VERY close proximity ALL the ****ing time must not have enough mental substance to be able to withstand it or come up with a more intelligent solution. Equal action against a person who was **** talking from close range? Get real, if you want to be good at any event that people are going to watch, then expect OTHER people to scream their hearts out. If it was so bad that Inui was literally letting spittle flow onto Unknown's face, then the TO's would definitely have to have given him some kind of DQ warning or just remove him from the match's area. But to say that he had it coming is some seriously uncivilized bull**** that comes from a bunch of nobodies who were probably bullied in school and feel the need to assert their dominance in a group full of intellectual people who can't fight. There's my **** talk, come choke me plz. I have it coming.

Tron Cat

Smash Rookie
This seriously sucks that the smash community is behaving like this. Disrespecting others and having no shame really tarnishes our image, ESPECIALLY since our goals are to attract more newcomers and impress the fighting game community. We pretty much disproved the "blanket accusation right here"
Also, ^ THIS

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I didn't even know who Inui was before this, other than the term Inui logic which made me think he was a respected member of the community. If anything, maybe I have unknown bias because he I feel he's a calm, nice person, but no I don't think everyone is just out to get Inui.

dkuo

Smash Lord
i dont like that people still think we're condoning violence. thought everyone agreed on this subject already

where is this supposed info of 'violence against inui is good' being the general consensus coming from anyways

trying to impress the fighting game community, lololol dumb
it's less of impressing the fgc and more of having a good impression in general. i think that's reasonable :|

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
This is a pretty ****ty position for Unknown to be in.

Based on the evidence Inui just seems like the kind of scum who should be ostracized from the community and banned. Simple as that.

I don't mind Unknown escalating to violence. I can understand where he's coming from. The problem is, how far are you going to take it? Once someone shows that they're not going to back down, you're pretty much forced to follow through. Say Inui deserves to get his *** kicked. He ends up in the hospital. Then what? He'll just continue playing the victim, and a good man gets punished by a lesser man.

The community's gotta have Unknown's back. Unknown can't do anything without putting his liberties in danger.

Inui's been classified as scum for years. So why is the community still allowing him protection under the veil of the community? Shine a light on his darkness and kick him out.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
good god so many people are acting like such pu$$ies. this is not the end of the world, believe it or not. Don't ban people from a game on it's ****ing death bed. Inui is a ****in ****ead ***** for always talkin that **** and then sayin he'll do it again on fb. unknown was wrong and he realizes it, but what happened? is inui hurt??? quit *****ing about absolutely nothing, ****. also, to the idiots talking about this "tarnishing" melee's image or whatever, get a ****ing life (yes this means you oliman). this game is borderline non-existent and completely irrelevant.

close this muh fuggin thread it ain't helping a damn thing.

Lovage

Smash Hero
This is a pretty ****ty position for Unknown to be in.

Based on the evidence Inui just seems like the kind of scum who should be ostracized from the community and banned. Simple as that.

I don't mind Unknown escalating to violence. I can understand where he's coming from. The problem is, how far are you going to take it? Once someone shows that they're not going to back down, you're pretty much forced to follow through. Say Inui deserves to get his *** kicked. He ends up in the hospital. Then what? He'll just continue playing the victim, and a good man gets punished by a lesser man.

The community's gotta have Unknown's back. Unknown can't do anything without putting his liberties in danger.

Inui's been classified as scum for years. So why is the community still allowing him protection under the veil of the community? Shine a light on his darkness and kick him out.

didn't you detach nasty nate's retina or something at that church tournament that ben hosted? d'ya think he was being as annoying as inui probably was when u knocked him da fk out?

-

neway this thread is straight sillyness, with the same fire being reignited anytime somebody new drops in and posts their opinion lol

unknown getting banned from apex is absolutely the correct choice. if inui decides to detach himself from the community after this backlash i wouldn't blame him. worst case scenerio for inui is he might have actually learned something about respecting people who are trying to compete , especially hypersensitive ragers like UK522

I.B

Smash Lord
Wait, how in the **** is Melee on its death bed? Has everybody not been improving like crazy? Has tournament entry not been rivaling and surpassing the MLG days? Do we not have a highly anticipated rivalry about to be settled between (arguably) the 2 best players of the game? Melee is as hype as ever I think, it's not non-existent/irrelevant.

On a sidenote, I really hope this is not about how the FGC views us; people let those ignorant-*** opinions skew their perspective of Melee it's really funny lmao. Who gives a flying **** what they think about us?

edit: I realize this contributes next to nothing to the Inui vs Unknown situation but damnit lol

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
didn't you detach nasty nate's retina or something at that church tournament that ben hosted? d'ya think he was being as annoying as inui probably was when u knocked him da fk out?
Like I said on FB, you're too sheltered. You say violence isn't cool, but you play a violent video game, you watch violent movies, you support violent actions with your tax dollars. You linked to a video which made fun of violence. Hypocrite much?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Implying that because people play a game that involves cartoon violence, they are immediately fans of violence.

Because the first thing that comes to mind when I play Smash is "Wow, isn't this violence so cool!? My enjoyment totally has nothing to do with other aspects of the game. Only the violence!"

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Implying that because people play a game that involves cartoon violence, they are immediately fans of violence.

Because the first thing that comes to mind when I play Smash is "Wow, isn't this violence so cool!? My enjoyment totally has nothing to do with other aspects of the game. Only the violence!"
The lady doth protest too much.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Pretty easy to understand why Armada called Unknown the N word multiple times behind his back, shameful!

:017:

Bones0

Smash Legend
bones can you for once link to your ruleset or post it somewhere so that the people you are trying to get to actually look at it know where to find it?

i always get a bit crazy when someone wants something to happen and doesn't really do anything useful to work towards that end.

edit: and yeah i think we're going to do a pocast on Wednesday 12/5 at 6:00pm PST / 9:00pm EST
PM me if you want to call in and talk about something on air, will ya? you have to have skype installed to call in
I'm pretty sure I have linked it in every other post, but I didn't want to get accused of spamming the thread or something. Here ya go. :) Idk if I'll be able to get on to talk about it since I have work at 10pm EST (1 hour before) the podcast is scheduled to start, but I'll see if I can swap my schedule around to wake up earlier than usual. I also don't want to come on if most of the panel feels I haven't earned the right to share my opinion. As much as I dislike getting dismissed, I can also appreciate a system where a person's influence corresponds to how much they've contributed to the community as a whole. I'd like to talk about my ruleset if the panel thinks it has value, not just because I post a lot or ***** constantly. lol

I'd love to look back and read through the past few pages, but can anyone give me a tl;dr of the drama thats happening?
RoM 5:
- Unknown plays M2K in WFs and takes him to game 5
- M2K tries to cp FD, Unknown asks if that's legal
- Cactuar tells them it's not, but everyone else says they can (RoM 5 used DSR instead of DSRm, meaning M2K could not pick FD for game 5 since he had already won on it)
- Cactuar goes to get Alukard, the TO
- Unknown allows M2K to start the match on FD (Cactuar came back mid-match so couldn't do anything) and loses
- Unknown complains to Alukard
- Alukard, having dealt with a bunch of BS from M2K already, has them replay game 5 (on YS)
- Unknown wins
- KirbyKaze really wanted to beat M2K this tourney, but M2K asked for a split so everyone stopped caring about the outcome (though M2K claims he still tried)
- VGBootcamp had traveled to this event to stream so they urged the players to play it out
- Secondaries were used in abundance
- Everything was streamed to thousands of viewers

NEC:
- Smash is sharing a venue with other FGCs, meaning many people view it as a make or break opportunity to get Smash added into Evo 2013
- Inui has a past of harassing Unknown with the intent to piss him off
- Inui continues this trend against Unknown (we have heard from each player that Inui was either talking calmly or screaming so loud Unknown has physical damage, so I'd guess it's somewhere in the middle)
- Unknown gets fed up and yells on stream, and off screen he puts him into a choke hold
- After Unknown gets knocked out by Hax, he puts Inui in another chokhold for talking about him
- Alex Strife, the TO, bans Unknown from Apex 2013

We're the same person, but our bodies split up to protect the world from making :wolf: high tier. Kain is Piccolo and I am Kami. Once together we will gather enough power to **** at Apex.

Stuff like this doesn't tend to happen in the brawl community (Drama does of course, but not anything of criminal activity). I would expect an older community like the Melee one to be more mature then this as the brawl one is filled with more youth/a younger crowd, but I guess not. Melee bashes our game as if we're lesser beings and always wrong. It's a shame really. I say this as one who is an older smasher and teaches children. It's best to set a good example for the next generation. What will the Smash 4 crowd be like if they learn that their elders are belligerently chauvinistic and asanine?

A Metaknight player at Pound 5 got grabbed by an ICs, paused, and threw a punch. I'm sure there are plenty of other instances that occurred since barlw is obviously a much more frustrating game than Melee (timeouts galore, whack CGs, etc). As BAD as this situation was, no one actually got hurt. Getting someone in a headlock or w/e is obviously pretty physical, but it's nothing compared to throwing a punch where you're usually trying to disfigure their face or knock them out or something.

I didn't even know who Inui was before this, other than the term Inui logic which made me think he was a respected member of the community. If anything, maybe I have unknown bias because he I feel he's a calm, nice person, but no I don't think everyone is just out to get Inui.
THIS exactly. I had always figured Inui logic caught on because he was a well-respected member of the community (much like how the usage of the Cactuar rating system for jankness has caught on quite quickly).

looooooooool
WOW lol

Like I said on FB, you're too sheltered. You say violence isn't cool, but you play a violent video game, you watch violent movies, you support violent actions with your tax dollars. You linked to a video which made fun of violence. Hypocrite much?
Playing and watching violent media is so far from actually doing violent things that it's ridiculous to insinuate that Lovage is being hypocritical. It'd be hypocritical if he punched babies for a hobby and then complained about bad parenting. As far as tax dollars, every single person in America sends tax money for violence. We're not in control of how our government spends our tax money outside of refusing to pay taxes and going to jail or leaving the country entirely.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Guy saying ******** brawlers is ********.
Not my fault they have been? I wasn't saying brawlers in general are ******** but the amount of brawl players that I've never seen post in the melee discussion before that have been in here jumping on the chance to make ******** comments (many of which have been blatantly incorrect statements) just to put down the melee community is pretty sad.

Stuff like this doesn't tend to happen in the brawl community (Drama does of course, but not anything of criminal activity). I would expect an older community like the Melee one to be more mature then this as the brawl one is filled with more youth/a younger crowd, but I guess not. Melee bashes our game as if we're lesser beings and always wrong. It's a shame really. I say this as one who is an older smasher and teaches children. It's best to set a good example for the next generation. What will the Smash 4 crowd be like if they learn that their elders are belligerently chauvinistic and asanine
Yes it does? The splitting issue I'm pretty sure has come up in the brawl community before and I thought (could be wrong) that it was in the brawl community where a player punched another for being infinite grabbed by the ice climbers. And there are a bunch of brawlers that bash our scene like there are melee players that bash yours. It goes both ways, both our communities have issues that probably should be worked out with each other. Just for some reason I only get to hear about how melee players rip on the brawl community even though it happens the other way probably just as often (and melee players don't do it near as much now as they used to, unless they still do it in the brawl threads but I thought you could be infracted for that).

EDIT: Thank you mods, and sorry for the inconvenience, my computer was freaking out and linking me around everywhere on this site when I tried to refresh the page.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
I don't care who's at fault.

And honestly? I think that, deep down, a lot of people don't care either.

I don't understand the people who say no action should be taken against Inui. Regardless of who started it or who deserves more blame or whether heckling should be allowed or whether Inui went overboard or whatever, we know that this won't happen again if we ban both of them. I don't want to put a greater burden on the TOs, but how is banning disruptive players more of a burden than having to deal with their disruptive behavior in tournament? Notice how few people are blaming Strife or holding him accountable for Inui's and Unknown's actions.

It doesn't matter who started it or who finished it, I don't want this to happen again.

For the record, hearing damage may occur as low as 80~85dB, e.g. standing 50ft from a busy street. Not all that hard to achieve, especially right next to someone's ear. The threshold of pain is usually higher at 110~130dB, e.g. somewhere between mowing your lawn and standing 100ft from a siren.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I do not remember everything that was said because unknown was in the middle, I was on the right side, and inui was on the left side. So unknown was closer to inui than me, and I wasn't full paying attention. Because of this I cannot give an opinion on what was said in detail, so don't ask me about that please cuz I cannot say for sure one way or the other with confidence.

I just wanted to play smash. I didn't want to stop unknown attacking inui because I'm scared of unknown cuz he said he was going to punch me after rom5 in private convos we had during a facebook argument. I'm a small weak guy and there's no way I could do anything, nor would I want to even if I could. I just wanted to ****ing play smash, why the **** does this BS drama have to happen again? Why was the set allowed to continue? (I don't care cuz I wanted to redeed/prove myself from after Rom5 though)

I wasn't planning to split even if people asked cuz i didn't want more drama to happen. That's the only reason but an important one.

there should be a rule that if you attack someone physically you're immediately kicked out of the venue with no refund.

and you should have to listen to people if they ask you to move back. Inui should have moved back after the first time unknown asked him to. There should be a punishment if you don't listen to the player after their first request.

both inui and unknown are wrong, but i think violence is much worse. Rules against violence and rules against being too close to players as they are playing (MLG had this rule, which was good) would make the community better.

(I have had tons of people yell in my ear vs Ocean that I couldn't even hear the ****ing game, nor concentrate, but i would never attack someone)

there should be 2 rules
1) Kicked out of the venue immediately if you physically hurt someone (and banned from that tourney series at least)
2) You must stay a certain distance behind players as they play tournament matches. If the player (unknown) asks another player (inui) to move back and to stop, then after the first request, the player (inui) must move back and not do it again, or he will receive some form of punishment.

These 2 are easy to enforce and really should be done

These 2 rules being enforced would make tournaments much better imo.

and we must be STRICT on these rules. Both of them.

i had some good sets with hax this weekend too and everything will be overlooked because of violence which sucks

i want to make up for my rom5 mistake somehow

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Don't worry Armada, no one fell for that trolling.

As for M2K, lol no need to bring up RoM5...this sort of made everyone forget.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Those 2 rules I said both need to be enforced for Apex 2013 and for all future tournaments. They should be official rules.

1) Violence = kicked out
2) Talking too close to another player, then that player asks you to move back, then that player refuses and keeps saying the same thing = kicked out (or some other form of punishment)

(so you must stay a certain distance back, and also you must respect the player's request to move back if they ask you to once)

When you're kicked out you should be banned from that tournament series too. Otherwise, in the 2nd situation, where you talk too close to another player, if they are already out of the tourament (high chance) there is nothing to stop them from keep doing it. Being kicked out is a good start though, but then it would just happen again.

If official, strict rules are not made, these events (both of them) might happen again.

BigWenz

Smash Ace

as mentioned earlier, someone got punched at pound 5 since he was chaingrabbing his opponent, so it happens in barlw as well.

also, you have no right to talk about immaturity in melee community when the brawl community has kiraflax http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVZipXe02EA

i only bring this up because u seem content on lumping everyone in the melee community with unknown so its only fair that I lump everyone in the barlw community with kiraflax

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
as mentioned earlier, someone got punched at pound 5 since he was chaingrabbing his opponent, so it happens in barlw as well.

also, you have no right to talk about immaturity in melee community when the brawl community has kiraflax http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVZipXe02EA

i only bring this up because u seem content on lumping everyone in the melee community with unknown so its only fair that I lump everyone in the barlw community with kiraflax
At least Kira didn't physically hurt anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom