• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROM 5 - Mew2King vs Unknown522

Status
Not open for further replies.

The___cheese

Smash Lord
Hahaha. 1. He has been told to stop his ****. 2. Why would someone like him listen to being told to not do it again? He should be banned to show him everyone's disdain for his crap.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
lol but unknown's actions have nothing to do with smashboards. Why would they ban him here? XD
I just don't think someone who attacks members of the community at tournaments and then threaten them on the boards should be allowed to post here.

Hahaha. 1. He has been told to stop his ****. 2. Why would someone like him listen to being told to not do it again? He should be banned to show him everyone's disdain for his crap.
I don't mind if Inui is banned, but it seems like an overreaction. We need to make a rule to stop heckling before we start banning people for imo.

The___cheese

Smash Lord
Even though i've been told not to bother with you I guess I will this last time.

" in fact i'm tempted to provoke him further now, not like i can be dqed lmao"

The guy clearly has intentions of causing scenes on purpose. You don't need a rule to ban this kind of garbage.

Boat Mode

Smash Journeyman
shoutouts to alukard and gunblade rippin on inui on the stream that **** was GREAT

you shoulda stood up after game 1 and gotten up in his face lookin crazy as ****.

and then beat him to **** outside

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
VGBC videos are still down, I am so sad I missed this right now.

As for the guy who made a personal reference to his school, I think that's completely relevant. I was suspended once for instigating a fight because I got one golden zinger on a guy who had tormented me for years and he popped off and tried to choke me out. I was laughing the entire time while he was and that's what got me lumped in with him for punishment. I think Inui needs to take some blame here, I ****ing did in the past and I owned up to it.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
I have a lot to say on the subject, but I think it'll have to wait for the next Melee It On Me.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
So wait...we know that Inui was PURPOSELY trying to get a violent reaction out of Unknown? And there is going to be no consequence on his part?

Like, don't get me wrong, Unknown has to have some sort of consequence for chokeholding a mutha****a, but this guy apparently is like proud of what he did? Most people who end up getting choked realize that they crossed the line, this guy wants to cross it even further. Sounds like a pretty cancerous dude

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Unknown, you should never put your hands on someone. You can't be surprised he heckled you even more after you grabbed his neck once lol. That's the absolute least he should have done. There is always a different solution than putting your hands on someone. There is no reason to do that at a tournament, ever.

I know what you mean about Inui's heckling. He is pretty consistent with talking loud and talking **** while others are playing. If the TO asked him to stop and he didn't it would be best to address the TO about the problem more seriously. If I were the TO I would have made Inui leave that area. In the end you should probably use headphones cause people will always talk **** and it's near impossible to stop it at most smash tournaments. There are people who do this even worse than Inui for sure.

@Jockmaster: You're missing the point. He shouldn't have been choked. If someone tried to choke me I'd deck them in the face. If for whatever reason I didn't I'd at least do worse than what Inui did afterwards. You're freaking getting choked for talking **** lol, I'm more than shocked that Inui didn't do more than just talk more **** afterwards.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
I'll expound upon it during the podcast, but basically, in my eyes, both parties are culpable and deserve equal punishment. Trash talk is part of the game and all, but usually its at a far enough distance away. NYC crowds usually have at least 3-4 feet during their heckling, and if they are told to tone it down respect the TO's judgment and do so.

But I'll be speaking more about it later.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Yo who got bodied????

Edit: This is a good enough forum for me to say that no one is ready for my falco, that ***** broken as fuhhh
No play Ganon :(

@Jockmaster: You're missing the point. He shouldn't have been choked. If someone tried to choke me I'd deck them in the face. If for whatever reason I didn't I'd at least do worse than what Inui did afterwards. You're freaking getting choked for talking **** lol, I'm more than shocked that Inui didn't do more than just talk more **** afterwards.
Ok, I understand that, but this seems like more than **** talking. Like I said, if someone "assaults" you, most human beings would be like "damn that went bad, it would probably be best if I just shut up". But no, this joker keeps ****ing talking, it is to the point of passing **** talk and being straight up harassment. **** talk is something that has a time and place; it is normally used for hype and excitement, not to push another player in to a rage. What makes this especially bad is that Inui absolutely knew what he was getting himself in to, but did it anyways. That is where the whole -intent- thing comes in to play, and anyone who denies that Inui wasn't absolutely doing more than just innocent **** talking is delusional and/or one of his good friends who is biased towards him.

(for the record I have never even met either of these two, so I'm pretty neutral)

TeeVee

Smash Lord
funny how during the vod you can't hear a single word inui is "screaming", yet somehow it was loud enough to hurt unknowns ears. the "im gonna ****ing drop kick you" was clear as day though

Bones0

Smash Legend
Nah, the two actions are not equal.

Unknown522 should be banned, I think they should consider banning him from Smashboards to be honest, we don't need some hoodlum attacking people in real life and then acting like a **** about it online.

Inui shouldn't be banned from Apex, just tell him not to do it again.
Obvious troll is obvious.

I'll expound upon it during the podcast, but basically, in my eyes, both parties are culpable and deserve equal punishment. Trash talk is part of the game and all, but usually its at a far enough distance away. NYC crowds usually have at least 3-4 feet during their heckling, and if they are told to tone it down respect the TO's judgment and do so.

But I'll be speaking more about it later.
No, actually, trash talk is NOT part of the game. Trash talk is an element of tournaments, not the games themselves. Idk if you read Wobbles's blog (I'd love to hear what Wobbles has to say on trash talking as well), but he actually talks about how tournaments are an artificial element used when determining who the best Melee player is. At one point, he justifies the usage of tournaments as a means to determine the best player because "Performing well in high-pressure situations is an unbelievably important life skill that translates to everything you do. Measuring and improving it is arguably more useful to everybody involved than figuring out who the best player is."

I think the question about trash talking comes down to whether we feel the same. Is being able to perform under pressure an important life skill? Obviously. What about performing when others are cheering for your opponent? I would say so. What about performing when you are actively being demoralized by virtual strangers, but your opponent is not, based primarily on where the competition is taking place or the tactics you use? I just don't buy it that that is an important skill. It certainly is a skill to be able to ignore hate raining down upon you, but it neither seems fair nor relevant to someone's Melee abilities, so the reason that it's tolerated on any level is beyond me. I realize I don't have any credibility to discuss anything on these forums because I'm not a talented player or Melee personality, so hopefully someone on the podcast's panel feels similarly and can convey this point in the discussion.

Hamek

Smash Rookie
So if they're getting equal punishment (I.E. Inui getting banned too), does that mean that Inui gets to choke Unknown twice?

That's the problem with throwing out "there should be equal punishment", Inui was already punished for what he did, regardless of whether you think he "learned a lesson" about it, banning him from Apex for this would literally be adding insult to injury.

This incident will make TO's pay more attention to Inui "trash-talking" and tell him to tone it down if it's getting to be too much, but I don't think it's the TO's job to quiet the crowd, that seems like the kind of thing you have to deal with, it's loud to both players, the player who can't focus on playing should really try to get better at that. Making people be quiet will destroy hype and make Smash tournaments more boring.

If unknown can't handle people being loud then how can he expect to do well in large tournaments where there will be a lot of hype, especially in the later rounds?

I also question how someone could be so loud as to hurt your ear without you knowing what they said.

How far apart were M2K, Unknown, and Inui for Unknown's ear to be hurting from it but M2K seemingly having absolutely no problem stemming from it?

Revven

FrankerZ
Without trashtalk how can a game be made as competitive? Are people dense?

:018:
Last I checked, trash talking in any competitive environment is not directly into someone's ear. It's always been much further away from the players, in my experience and from what I've seen from other streams/tourneys.

Inui was intentionally trying to provoke Unknown. Are you really going to defend someone who is trying to start something? Nevermind the fact that this was being done at a tournament where other fighting games are at. The mere fact this happened has an affect on both parties from both Smash games having a chance at coming back to another NEC tournament. It's literally disgusting that there's people out there like Kain who don't get this.

We were invited to NEC, they gave us a space. Both games, Brawl & Melee. The FGC sees us as one whole community. Inui ****ing **** up for one side of fence doesn't mean it doesn't impact the other side of the fence. In the eyes, again, of the FGC we're one community and two games, not two games and two communities. This kind of behavior, literally defending what Inui is trying to do/already did, shouldn't go without some kind of punishment on his end too. And to prevent something like this from happening again, there needs to be some kind of clear regulation on what's okay and what's not okay. Inui's behavior is not okay. And I'm not even saying Unknown's behavior was okay, because it wasn't either but yet Inui has not been given punishment despite the clear ill intent.

I think it's horrible people are laughing this off just because the player who instigated it has a past history of doing stupid crap like this for jokes before. It's a different era, we're livestreaming the big tournaments in a professional manner similar to other communities. If we're going to present ourselves like that through streams, then players as a whole need to be reigned in, no matter who they are and what their past history is in the community for being a ****head or a clown. Keep the drama off stream. Keep the drama outside the match. You can pop off if it's nothing that's meant to be taken seriously. But what Inui was doing was not merely popping off, it was more than that, and anyone defending it is basically saying, "Yeah, Inui's behavior is acceptable" and you're only encouraging more of it to occur if you don't punish him whatsoever.

The school punishment analogy is one I thought of as well. Most schools, even when those who aren't directly involved with the fight and are just cheering I've heard tend to get punished in some way for encouraging the fight to keep going or occur. Not the same kind of thing, but Inui was provoking Unknown and has been doing so seemingly for a long time. It's stupid to say, "Nope, Inui's fine, he didn't do nuthin'" because he did. He said something to Unknown, loud as hell in his ears, to purposefully distract him from the match and get him angry to potentially hurt him. And now the weasel is playing victim on facebook with all his Brawl buddies, giggling like a schoolgirl because he's been able to get away with this behavior before because nobody has done anything about it to him in the past.

Where's that red card now? I'm sure Inui deserves one at this point. :awesome:

But seriously, I've rambled enough. Unknown fully accepts his punishment. Inui should get one too. Either of equal or lesser value. You can't argue he didn't contribute to the issue, because he was directly involved! On multiple occasions.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
So if they're getting equal punishment (I.E. Inui getting banned too), does that mean that Inui gets to choke Unknown twice?
No, but it doesn't change the fact that they were equal factors in the same incident. It makes no sense that Unknown would mindlessly attack someone, I have never heard of him being a hotheaded douche before. It sounds like something that -Inui- was perpetuating, and that Unknown simply overreacted.

If anything, Inui should be banned simply because he has a history of this. He has made it clear that he enjoys the drama, and that is unhealthy for our community. Anyone who goes out of their way to piss another player off should be banned from AT LEAST Apex. That **** is just dumb.

funny how during the vod you can't hear a single word inui is "screaming", yet somehow it was loud enough to hurt unknowns ears. the "im gonna ****ing drop kick you" was clear as day though
...what if the commentators' mics simply didn't pick it up? He was claimed to have been very close to Unknown, it wouldn't take much to have been hurting his hearing.

Bones0

Smash Legend
it's loud to both players, the player who can't focus on playing should really try to get better at that. Making people be quiet will destroy hype and make Smash tournaments more boring.

If unknown can't handle people being loud then how can he expect to do well in large tournaments where there will be a lot of hype, especially in the later rounds?

I also question how someone could be so loud as to hurt your ear without you knowing what they said.

How far apart were M2K, Unknown, and Inui for Unknown's ear to be hurting from it but M2K seemingly having absolutely no problem stemming from it?
It's NOT loud for both players. Unknown specifically said Inui sat on his left, with M2K on his right. He's admitted that he was intentionally trying to piss off and distract Unknown, and he PLANS TO DO IT AGAIN.

"If Unknown can't handle people throwing rocks at him, then how can he expect to compete in large tournaments where there will be lots of rocks being thrown?"

It's the same logic. Just because trash talking on a smaller scale is harder to deal with than it is on a larger scale doesn't mean that either is acceptable. You don't need to make people quiet to get rid of trash talking. It's pretty rare to have more than 2-3 people actually throwing out the insults, and it rarely creates more hype, so silencing those few people would only have positive effects. At Zenith 2012, I sat by as few people in the crowd hurled personal insults at Mew2King during matches. After the set, I asked a few people and every single one ranged from "pretty annoyed" to "seething" from the trash talk. They do call it TRASH talk for a reason, you know. Only trash people trash talk, and our community is trash if it permits that kind of behavior. There's a vast chasm of difference between forcing golf/tennis-style silence and Melee tournaments without trash talking.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I think your missing the point. They said Inui has done this to him in the past, this is borderline harassment. There's trash talking and there's hateful intentions, he was trying to get a rise out of unknown. I don't give a **** about how loud he was, no one should have to put up with personal spite when they're trying to concentrate.

There's a video on youtube of HBox playing a Falcon who kept calling him gay and saying he had a tiny penis and should quit melee. I forget his name, but they were friends it was a joke...this was being a **** to someone and not expecting repercussions because it's just a joke bro, chill. That's not right.

Unknown didn't get physical when he was yelling in his ear either, it was when he was leaving and heard Inui talking about him behind his back (or that's what I got from Unknown's post) and he went up and confronted him. He was told to stop, he had done it in the past, he still thinks it was ok to do and finds it funny that he got unknown angry and banned.

This isn't about trash-talking any more. IMO a line was crossed...I can't say Strife didn't make the right decision in banning Unknown, he's pretty blatantly making an example of him and it's sad but physical violence shouldn't be tolerated. On the other hand, I have less respect for Inui right now than I do for Unknown.

Gea

Smash Master
I've been in the exact situation you were in several times. One of them was even recorded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik2G9i2OHzY

When he screamed, the entire venue got quiet because he screamed so loudly. He was less than a foot away from me, and it physically made me jump every time he did.
Man the dumbest part of that entire situation was that in some rulesets there is now a "Mike Haze rule" as if that behavior was ever okay or allowed beforehand. That was seriously a case of poor sportsmanship and disrespect towards you, all because of who you played.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
No, but it doesn't change the fact that they were equal factors in the same incident. It makes no sense that Unknown would mindlessly attack someone, I have never heard of him being a hotheaded douche before.
Unknown threw a chair at the crowd after he lost to Hax at a ROM tournament, or something like that. He kinda has a history of a violent temper.

Battlecow

Play to Win
That is a really good point, actually.

TeeVee

Smash Lord

this is the main problem with unknowns story right now, people's interpretation of unknowns side of the story is inui was acting like a wild baboon screaming in unknowns ear. i really feel like none of you got a chance to watch the vod, if you didn't, you have no business posting in here about the subject.

how can someone be so loud to actually HURT your ears, yet you don't remember a single word they said (as of now, the ONLY thing we have heard is that inui said is "good **** m2k" and "that sheik is cute as ****")?

also, during the vod the unknown and inui scuffle was about 10 feet behind the chairs/set up. unknown puts down the controller and actually has to travel back to grab inui.

its so obvious if you actually watch the vod that unknowns story is complete fabrication and nothing more than nerd rage. the fact that people are continuing to support this is disgusting

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Yea 3 years ago he threw a chair. Big history.
I agree it's history, it's just that jockmaster was saying Unknown didn't have a history of doing this sorta thing, I was just correcting him.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Ok look this is dumb. Inui could have been whispering in Unknown's ear and it is still harassment.
Yeah, I agree with you, but some people in this community actually think harassment is legit as long as you're a minimum of 3-6 feet from the person you're harassing. For them, it comes down to whether or not the volume of whatever Inui was saying was louder than a typical GFs crowd.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
"Lucas Inui DeLorenzo -- This situation with Unknown is disgusting. All of the people defending Unknown's disgusting and harmful actions are insane. "It's okay for someone to be attacked and hurt because it's Inui." You are vile people and cancerous to a community I've been in for more than 7 years. You don't even know me; all of the people defending Unknown's deplorable actions are randoms I never heard of, never spoke to, never interacted with, and mostly from Canada. You'd probably like me if you hung out with me for a few minutes, or at the very least not have some irrational hatred of me based on Smashboards posts from 2006.

This is exactly what happened, without the bias of a bunch of haters. I was sitting near the players and said "good **** M2K" when he got the first kill and was playing well. Unknown asked me to step back a bit. I did. I moved about four feet back. After M2K pulled off some amazing gimp, I said "damn that was cute as hell" or something along those lines. Said it. I didn't yell it. I was being fairly quiet considered it was a competitive gaming tournament. I wasn't near him, I wasn't shouting, I wasn't in his ear.

After M2K gave him the veteran **** because he's a drastically better player than Unknown, Unknown leaped out of his chair and choked me to the ground quite violently. People had to pull him off before he did more to me. Once he got pulled off, I just stepped back. I took it like a champ. I didn't get security. I didn't report him. I didn't demand he get kicked out. The hosts didn't kick him out; they let him continue playing in the event despite his horrendous conduct. Whatever.

After Hax absolutely murdered him in losers finals, he walked across the room and put me in a stranglehold from behind. I didn't say a single word to him for an hour and didn't even cheer for M2K or Hax after the first incident. I was on the Brawl side of the room. This wasn't provoked at all. He was once again pulled off of me, and continued to threaten me, telling someone half his size to go see him outside for a fight.

Unknown is unfit for competitive gaming. He is an extremely sore loser, grimy when it comes to money according to what happened at ROM 5, unable to control his anger, unable to deal with cheering, and unable to deal with trash talk. It doesn't matter how talented he is; he is unfit to attend tournaments because he is too childish and sensitive to deal with the environment and pressure.

My neck ACTUALLY hurts right now. I didn't feel anything last night, but when I woke up I felt sore. Now that I'm at work and actually doing things (it's extremely busy and the owner is being easy on me letting me take it easy for the most part if possible) it hurts a decent amount. It even hurts a little to talk. At first I was happy with him being banned from Apex 2013 and wasn't going to take further action. I changed my mind after dealing with this discomfort all day and seeing how a good portion of the Smash community is actually defending him. I will be looking into seeking further action. If he is not banned from tournaments in the USA entirely, I will not be satisfied and seek legal action, ranging from a restraining order to more if possible."

post inui just made, can we get m2k (jason zimmerman, mewtwoking, mew2king) or alex strife (apex 2013) in here to confirm or not and end this.

dkuo

Smash Lord
the point isn't whether it was as bad as it was made or not, unknown already told inui repeatedly at multiple tournaments that it was too distracting. based on unknown's post, even the TO (alex strife in this case) found it to be disruptive and tried to stop it. maybe he can comment on this

the 2nd case of violence is honestly up in the air considering there's no 3rd party who can confirm the premise of whatever happened. but w/e

also i dont know where inui is getting the idea that the community is supportive of unknown's violence. there's only been a few distasteful posts here and there, but most people already stated that the attack was unjustified

ugh maybe a 3rd party should speak up ~_~

Unknown was the victim imo

of loser's finals
lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom