• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROM 5 - Mew2King vs Unknown522

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortune

Smash Journeyman
Hax has forgiven Eggm, so it's best just to leave that in the past. I can't believe what an ******* Unknown is though. He isn't even apologetic about this whole thing.
Who's he supposed to apologize to? You? S T F U.

I think the situation is understandable. From what I could tell Inui was just being malicious.

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
Who's he supposed to apologize to? You? S T F U.
I don't think that's the point, but it should strike people as a bit bull**** that unknown would do something violent like that (again) and not be apologetic. It's about being a decent person, whether inui "deserved" it or not. Is it worth a ban? Who knows. I don't even really care about that. What people SHOULD be concerned about is how we DON'T look like much of a big melee family which, while sort of hopelessly idealistic, should still be held as virtuous. Bottom line, we should respect each other, and we don't. Inui first, but unknown certainly included.

This all just makes them both look like ****heads.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
People should calm down. How do you guys know that Unknown didn't apologize to Inui IN PERSON?

People should stop talking like they know exactly what happened and wait for the people involved to post their sides of the story.

Fortune

Smash Journeyman
Bottom line, we should respect each other, and we don't. Inui first, but unknown certainly included.
Right. Completely neutral situation. Then Inui just starts screaming at Unknown while he's playing his match. The crowd being distracting is one thing but actually screaming right at someone when they're right next to you (at a small tournament, with no big crowd) is so messed up. It's just so hateful.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Yeah, wasn't this tournament s'posed to be second chance of getting Melee at EVO.

Yeah...can't wait to see it happen!

*nervous laugh*

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
People should calm down. How do you guys know that Unknown didn't apologize to Inui IN PERSON?

People should stop talking like they know exactly what happened and wait for the people involved to post their sides of the story.
The fact that this thread exists in a public forum involving hundreds of people who weren't present at the tournament at all just makes the nature of the conversation that way. It has to be speculative to exist in the first place.

No one's saying he didn't do such a thing, and maybe he did. However, I think a fair amount of people would also contend that merely "I'm sorry" does not a true apology make. And really, what is that worth to anyone? And are people really wrong in extrapolating from his past behavior? Hardly. It's only reasonable to do that.

But sure, let's wait for his side of the story, let alone the fact that it doesn't matter.

I dunno, the whole thing seems ****in stupid to me for some reason. I don't think it's helpful to throw out insults for no reason like "goshdernit i always knew unknown was a little rascal!" but seriously his history isn't squeaky clean.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Right. Completely neutral situation. Then Inui just starts screaming at Unknown while he's playing his match.
Are you seriously trying to justify violent aggression?
I'm having a hard time reading this thread anymore. Have people really become so freakishly soft on punishment in this community? :applejack:

Gea

Smash Master
What people SHOULD be concerned about is how we DON'T look like much of a big melee family
How we look? If anything, people should be concerned about keeping the police from coming to tournaments and handing out assault charges. You know, concerned about the safety of everyone there.

The fact that no one really seems concerned about future fights says a lot about this particular situation and the people involved. No one seems frightened that Unknown is going to attack other people, and very few people are condoning his behavior. Policing player behavior because we may look bad to people not involved in our community is missing the point of what happened, and it comes down to the TOs involved both at that tournament and Apex to decide what to do if anything, not the community here on SWF.

And if anything makes us look like children, it's threads like these where people make drama for drama's sake.

Fortune

Smash Journeyman
Are you seriously trying to justify violent aggression?
I'm having a hard time reading this thread anymore. Have people really become so freakishly soft on punishment in this community? :applejack:
No, I'm not. I don't think he should have attacked...

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
How we look? If anything, people should be concerned about keeping the police from coming to tournaments and handing out assault charges. You know, concerned about the safety of everyone there.
That's fair too. And it gets at what I'm trying to say--no matter how anyone wants to justify his actions through inui's reputation/the intensity of his heckling, he did what no one should have the power to condone and escalated it to physical violence.

So yes, I agree.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Yeah, wasn't this tournament s'posed to be second chance of getting Melee at EVO.

Yeah...can't wait to see it happen!

*nervous laugh*
i had completely forgotten about evo.

what a ****ing huge disappointment

Fortune

Smash Journeyman
And if anything makes us look like children, it's threads like these where people make drama for drama's sake.
You're right.

I just really felt like I had to give some kind of opinion in reply to this post:
Hax has forgiven Eggm, so it's best just to leave that in the past. I can't believe what an ******* Unknown is though. He isn't even apologetic about this whole thing.
This is what bothers me, when people really are sure they know best.

And after my reply to that post someone had something to say about my post. So I replied to that. I'm not trying to create drama. But you're still right. It just seemed to me that maybe I could get a more neutral view out there, hopefully lowering drama...

D

Deleted member

This is the 4th tourney where I've asked him
you waited 3 more times than i would have. i don't put up with that ****.

if inui was being a hindrance, and if the TO didn't stop him (that's 2 qualifiers), i think unknown had no choice but to resolve the problem himself.

that said, ryan you should have asked the TO to remove him or something to that effect. i agree with your initiative but not your choice of action.

worse things have happened.

Yung Mei

^what he said

huggles for everyone, including naked ones if youre into that

unknown522

Some guy
you waited 3 more times than i would have. i don't put up with that ****.

if inui was being a hindrance, and if the TO didn't stop him (that's 2 qualifiers), i think unknown had no choice but to resolve the problem himself.

that said, ryan you should have asked the TO to remove him or something to that effect. i agree with your initiative but not your choice of action.

worse things have happened.
yeah, I got that same advice from some people. It's what I should've done.

But yeah just remember people that's I did not say that I shouldn't be banned from apex. I was prepared to be banned at that point

:phone:

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
I mean as long as it is made clear to Unknown that the cops will be called on him if he assaults anyone else I see no reason to ban him tbh...

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Right. Completely neutral situation. Then Inui just starts screaming at Unknown while he's playing his match. The crowd being distracting is one thing but actually screaming right at someone when they're right next to you (at a small tournament, with no big crowd) is so messed up. It's just so hateful.
I heard the TO even asked Inui to stop but he didn't which can be a big reason why Unknown was pushed to the edge.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
imo, if Unknown is banned then Inui should be banned too. They both equally contributed to the incident and should be equally punished.

Alternatively, ban neither of them and think of some other punishment

Fortune

Smash Journeyman
I heard the TO even asked Inui to stop but he didn't which can be a big reason why Unknown was pushed to the edge.
That's worse! Why would Inui do that even after being asked to stop? TOing is also about resolving tense situations, so the TO (I think it was Alex Strife) could have done something more than just asking him to stop. But still. Come on Inui...

odinNJ

Smash Lord
This was a bad situation. With several bad choices made, BAM summarized.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
That's worse! Why would Inui do that even after being asked to stop? TOing is also about resolving tense situations, so the TO (I think it was Alex Strife) could have done something more than just asking him to stop. But still. Come on Inui...
Because he's a ****ing idiot.

Yung Mei

Ban inui, ban unknown 2 cuz violence, but ban inui forever

dkuo

Smash Lord
not trying to fuel the fire but i just remembered something, if i recall correctly someone on the steam chat mentioned that inui was just pushing unknown to get a physical reaction out of him knowing that unknown will have more to lose than himself or something. he was posting supposed quotes from inui or w/e

please someone tell me im not the only one who saw this in the chat or im going to sound crazy lol

not that it changes that much though <_< dont even know if its from a legitimate source or anything ~_~ but it might offer an explanation for why he did what he did even after the to told him to stop

unknown522

Some guy
Alright. So basically what happened is that during my set with m2k, Inui was yelling **** within earshot range (he was sitting on my left, and m2k was on my right). Some words i couldnt understand because of the volume + being so close to me.

This was the 4th time this has happened (RoM5 vs m2k and Pound 5 twice during R2 pools), I told him so and to either be quiet, or move to a distance cuz he was hurting my ear. I told him this at the other tourneys as well and he didn't listen. This time though, Alex strife told him to stop but Inui kept arguing back saying things at the same volume. Then 2 stocks in vs m2k I had enough and paused the game. Got up and grabbed him by the neck and almost punched him (while yelling things ofc). And he just kept talking while he was in my grip.

So then we let it go and I continued playing with m2k, who made a **** move at that moment, but I didn't care, cuz that's an entirely different matter. So we kept playing and I got whooped 3-1.

So then I play hax in LFs. Still kinda pissed off I go in and get owned 3-0. I'm walking out of the room to try and eat/washroom/water/shower/etc, then Inui happens to be by the door. Talking about me and playing the victim (let's be real. He had it coming). At this point I'm already pissed and tell him to say that again. He then turned his back with a snarky comment which I couldn't hear (and tht ******* grin he has). I then got him in a chokehold (and he is still running his mouth while his life is in danger), and then people restrained me. From there I talked with Alex strife and a staff member talked to me. I got banned from the room and ofc apex.

I had already accepted that I would be banned and whatever.

And ftr, I would never apologize to him. People know how he is. And I know many people in the room who both knew he had it coming, and also wanted to do it themselves.

I am in no way trying to justify myself. But there's no way in hell I fell that I should apologize. Maybe if he were to, an not a forced apology, but he doesn't have the common decency of a human being to feel that way

:phone:

Yung Mei

i checked out fb after reading your post, hes basically acting like the victim l0
l

people areeven on his side which is mindbogglingl

dkuo

Smash Lord
i think it's reasonable to ban someone for being disruptive. at minimum a warning or something. alex strife was there, maybe he can comment on it

smack talk/hype is one thing, yelling in your ear is another

idk, up to the TO's ~_~

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I unno...I have met Unknown and he just seems like such a nice guy. As well, I've snapped myself before and I'm pretty damn quiet/calm. I hate snarky *****es and their attitude, there are just people like that and if this has actually happened before then **** him.

I dunno, I hate the idea of justifying violence, I still think that was ****ed but anyone could be pushed over the edge, hell I've been the ******* who pushed people too far before and I've owned up to it in the past. Smash is super srs tho, ppl need 2 chill and b frnds or else...

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Unknown's a super chill dude and definitely the homie. I've housed him multiple times and he's been one of the nicest and thankful smashers I've ever met. I've never seen him be violent or anything of the sort at any tourny. He threw his controller at TBH2, but ya know, nothing like this.

**** sucks, but I can completely relate to unknown. I'm one of the people where if people are talking in my ear, I can't focus on the game at all and I lose. They fuel each other. I would likely have a similar reaction if I had asked someone 4 separate times to please stop yelling in my ear during my set, making me lose focus, and they just laugh in my face and continue to do it. I ask the TO and he does nothing. Then it costs me two huge tournament sets and possibly first place at a tournament I just traveled 12 hours to get to and have been practicing for weeks for. And then after I lose, they continue to laugh in my face about it.

Yeah **** inui, how does no one else relate to this? I'd likely have gone further than unknown in the same situation. Ban me too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom