• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky Mafia | Day 7 | Game Over | Roles/Night Actions/Comments up on pg 57/58

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
and I'm saying we'll be at a dissadvantage anyway, this may make us a little more so, but it gives us something to work from, and the sooner we have that, the sooner we can figure out who is mafia.

also is it really nessacary to be that anal about formatting for votes, its pretty clear when someone is making a vote dont you think?

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Vyse is doing a great job and the last thing we need to do is make it harder for him by formatting the votes in different ways.

it really comes down too

We lynch someone:
a) It's a townie we're at a good sized disadvantage
b) it's a mafia and we're going well straight off the bat

We don't lynch:
We are at a slight disadvantage

It's a matter of if we're willing to risk a larger disadvantage to try and gain some momentum early. Considering odds are we're going to lynch a townie I'm inclined not too risk it. notice i haven't yet voted no lynch though, I'm open to discussion.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
also is it really nessacary to be that anal about formatting for votes, its pretty clear when someone is making a vote dont you think?
In a game like this, yes. It's important to prevent accidental quick lynching/disputes where one person may say "Hey, that wasn't meant to be a vote".

The following is a log of when each player made their last post. It helps me keep track of who hasn't posted for more than 72 hours (if that situation occurs) and it can also help you keep track of who is active in the thread.

Activity Notice as of post #121

Code:
7. Luke_Atyeo		Today, 10:54 PM	
4. LeishaChu		Today, 05:22 PM	
2. xXArrowXx		Today, 08:33 PM	
6. Vlade		Today, 09:44 PM	
14. Toshi		Today, 09:49 PM	
13. I_LAG		Today, 10:01 PM	
12. Lord Bowser		Today, 10:44 PM	
8. Muzga		Today, 10:47 AM	
9. Unreon		Today, 11:04 AM	
3. SummonerAU		Today, 12:06 AM	
10. Melancholy		Today, 12:06 PM	
5. Sieg			Today, 12:13 PM
1. undead_moose		Yesterday, 06:33 PM	
16. kupo		Yesterday, 07:00 PM	
15. Nixenator		-	
11. Afropony		-

Nixernator

Smash Ace
@Lord Bowser: I'd rather start at a small disadvantage rather than having a large chance of having a large disadvantage but thats just my opinion. Willing to consider any good reasons why we Need to lynch someone.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Vyse is doing a great job and the last thing we need to do is make it harder for him by formatting the votes in different ways.

it really comes down too

We lynch someone:
a) It's a townie we're at a good sized disadvantage
b) it's a mafia and we're going well straight off the bat

We don't lynch:
We are at a slight disadvantage

It's a matter of if we're willing to risk a larger disadvantage to try and gain some momentum early. Considering odds are we're going to lynch a townie I'm inclined not too risk it. notice i haven't yet voted no lynch though, I'm open to discussion.
This pretty much sums up how I feel about this issue as well. But as this is a closed game, I can't safely assume there are roles straight off the bat. I'm inclined to wait until after the first day and see if there are indeed roles purely by observation on the events that take places over the night. I know it probably sounds like a silly thing to confirm but I'm the kind of guy who tries to not make assumptions in games like this where everything can happen :| AH WHATEVER, I PROBABLY SUCK AT THIS :(

Melancholy

Smash Ace
@Lord Bowser

Saying that a no lynch will give the cop time to investigate is stupid. It would be absurd for the cop to role call this early in the game and tell people what he/she knows. The cop would just be putting themselves on the hit list.
Besides, the cop might have some sort of mental illness or something that means their investigations come out wrong. We dont know. Heck, we dont even know if there is a cop at all.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
percentage wise you have more of a chance (overall) killing the scum if you act on the first day.

although the chance to get a scum increases with every townie lost, so does there power over the town.

cant be scared about killing a townie now... 2 townies could die on day/night 2. The time to act is now. Picking wrong is always bad, but you gotta risk it.

i propose we decide whether or not to go after the shadow mafia, or the active mafia. Eliminate some options, and if it comes to it random out of those small numbers. Atleast there will there atleast be some form of consensus.

dont know if theres a cop or doctor. but i would say the is both. maybe a vigilante/serial killer aswell.

other usefull info
there are at max 4 mafia, due to the ratio of mafia 1:4 townie

unreon

Smash Ace
Melancholy: If the cop is able to find out who a mafia is, he can sway the votes the next round with subtlety. He doesn't have to put himself in a dangerous position before that moment. Make sure we keep track of who has said what so far. If people are piling votes on Toshi, you can suspect probably at least one person being a mafia.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Hopefully the mafia don't catch on to this 'subtlety' you speak of unreon

I'm gonna man up and continue to support the random vote. No-lynching on the first day can only widen the wound, the wound being our current lack of information to work from.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
percentage wise you have more of a chance (overall) killing the scum if you act on the first day.

although the chance to get a scum increases with every townie lost, so does there power over the town.

cant be scared about killing a townie now... 2 townies could die on day/night 2. The time to act is now. Picking wrong is always bad, but you gotta risk it.

i propose we decide whether or not to go after the shadow mafia, or the active mafia. Eliminate some options, and if it comes to it random out of those small numbers. Atleast there will there atleast be some form of consensus.

dont know if theres a cop or doctor. but i would say the is both. maybe a vigilante/serial killer aswell.

other usefull info
there are at max 4 mafia, due to the ratio of mafia 1:4 townie
Lol wut greater percentage? How is that worked out mate? That whole paragraph looks pretty sus IMO.

unreon

Smash Ace
Well I think he means that the mafia get more power as the game goes o to influence votes. So at least our first vote is a powerful one, and hence shouldn't make it count by not doing a random vote.

Its just that nobody thus far has committed to a real accusation yet.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
say the game goes for 8 days (cbf thinking)
if we no vote first day a chance is lost. Even if its a 25% chance. even tho it increases next day. by say 5% max? is it really worth it, losing a townie for 5%.

if we do vote. we get a 25% chance or higher "guess" or calculated "guess", which could kill a mafia or atleast provoke a mafia reaction.

btw i am town, and i wouldn't be the first one to vote on him

undead_moose

Smash Lord
Having a random lynch day 1 is bad for the town it helps maf kill us quicker you have to use night 1 as a info night (assuming you dont die) but lynching people first day bad idea

I highly susggest you change your vote to no lynch

VOTE NO LYNCH

@Arrow we have a higher chance at accidently killing a townie and even shooting ourselves in the foot if they were a power role

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
3rd Official Vote Count:
(7) No Lynch : SummonerAU, Muzga, Sieg, undead_moose, LeishaChu, kupo, Afropony
(1) Muzga : Toshi
(3) Toshi : luke_atyeo, xXArrowXx, Vlade
(1) LeishaChu : I LAG

(4) Not voting: Unreon, Melancholy, Nixenator, Lord Bowser

With 16 alive, it takes a vote of 9 to lynch!
A deadline has been set for 11:59PM December 17th AEST!
If a majority is not reached, the person with the highest number of votes will be lynched!
If multiple people have the majority of votes, whoever reached that majority first will be lynched!
If no votes are cast then the game moderator will roll dice!

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
you lost those times afropony -.-

all this is base on random guess.. however all percents could be increased if we are smart in deciding who is town
if we lynch 25% of killing a mafia. if we do kill them that percent would go down to like 20% if they kill one of us at night.

if we dont lynch. mafia has a 20% (guess) of killing one of our decent roles. And for what evidence, none.

if we lynch and fail the next day we have a 27.5% of killing a mafia by random possibly higher if we smart.
if we fail again we would have a 30% of killing.

i cant believe you are throwing away a chance to kill a scum.
You cant just left another town die, thats low. Only gonna increase your guess percent by 2.5% which is so small. 2.5 out of a 100 would it make a difference.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I'm not too sure about Arrow's statistics here but I have to agree that we should make the most of the opportunities we have and lynch today.

Best to play it big at the start, if we don't do anything then the cycle will just repeat itself and tomorrow's lynch will most likely be a random vote anyway.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
yeah my stats are abit dodgy cause i cbf
and i am assuming 4 mafia.

btw ill jump on any random bandwagon at this stage. unless they are clearly town.
i suspose that does sound abit sus.

i predict nix to die in the night.

I LAG

Smash Lord
(7) No Lynch : SummonerAU, Muzga, Sieg, undead_moose, LeishaChu, kupo, Afropony <-- all mafia/stupid

nix come on man your wasting your vote, i doubt arrow is mafia.

lets vote for toshi and if toshi isn't mafia then luke was probably telling the truth and the others who jumped on were mafia.
and they are vlade and arrow who atm look the least mafia since they wont a lynch

VOTE: Toshi

I LAG

Smash Lord
ok i read through all the pages

if toshi is mafia than i am like 80% sure that SummonerAU, Muzga, Sieg are mafia
and toshi voted for muzga to protect him if toshi is found to be mafia

I LAG

Smash Lord
i didn't explain that well SummonerAU, Muzga, Sieg are mafia because if one of your mafia is targeted you would want to start a no lynch thing going before everyone targets toshi

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
indeed even i think so. you cant really trust me so much at this point in the game.

but what he susgests is fine, better than any other plan. If hes wrong we can punish him or someone on the list, or cop investigate or some evidence on the murder at night.

assuming toshi was clearly random, then i am fine with voting for me.

Melancholy

Smash Ace
Make that one more.

Seriously, a no lynch would be a very, very bad idea. It gives us nothing to go on for the next day, all we do is lose a townie. In this game, people are going to get lynched. We cant dance around the issue and act all nicey-nice and hope the mafia goes away. We have to go out and get them.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
gah cant sway the dumb *** townies
Vote:No lynch

begone with this stupid day
you know the aim of the game is to lynch all mafia. yet you wait for evidence that may not be there.

Top Bottom