• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky Mafia | Day 7 | Game Over | Roles/Night Actions/Comments up on pg 57/58

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Kratos DIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEESSSSSS.

IT'S TOTALLY CANOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON.

MWHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
no he doesnt.

and jesus christ WAS a long game.

anyways, random voting huh? well since we'll all sit around doing nothing for ages I'm going to start us off [Vote: toshi]

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Luke's the first to vote, pretty suspicious imo.

HE ALSO HAS AN ITALIAN IN HIS AVATAR. A RATHER SUSPICIOUS ONE AT THAT. I MEAN GEEZ.

But seriously, it's more likely we'll randomly lynch a townie than scum on the first day. I'd rather go into the next day 1 down than 2 down.

Vote: No Lynch

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
5. Your votes must be formatted like this to be counted: VOTE: name. This is to clarify whether you are actually casting a vote or not. (If it's not bolded it's not counted)
You must use bold tags when voting.

1st Official Vote Count:
(1) No Lynch : SummonerAU

(16) Not voting:undead_moose, xXArrowXx, LeishaChu, Sieg, Vlade, Luke_Atyeo, Muzga, Unreon, Melancholy, Afropony, Lord Bowser, I_LAG, Toshi, Nixenator, kupo

With 16 alive, it takes a vote of 9 to lynch!
A deadline has been set for 11:59PM December 17th AEST!
If a majority is not reached, the person with the highest number of votes will be lynched!
If multiple people have the majority of votes, whoever reached that majority first will be lynched!
If no votes are cast then the game moderator will roll dice!

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Of course I read the stuff vyse showed us ;-;

At the current moment, there's nothing to go on. I'll change my vote if anyone acts unduly suspicious on the first day. Gives me more time to play Diablo 2 as well :D

But, until then, it's no lynch from me.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
oi I did it a second time bolded, mine was the first official vote dammit!

its going to be random no matter what for the first lynch, if we do nothing then sure we wont lynch an innocent, but we also miss out of a chance to get some scum or at least put pressure on them, if we do nothing and then they kill someone we have nothing to go on and the second day becomes as uselss and random as the first.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
oi I did it a second time bolded, mine was the first official vote dammit!
Your vote doesn't count because it doesn't have bold tags around it. Capitalising your vote does not mean it's bolded.

Please use [b][/b] tags around your vote.

As for the thread being locked before, this game aparently does not conform to the standards of the Smashboards' decisive games policy (That is, decisive games should be in the decisive games forum). Just keep playing for now, but if the game gets locked, I guess we could play this setup in MSN (which I'd prefer not to).

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ahh I've had it with the stupid ****ty 15 year old mods around here lately thinking they are so mature and smart when its really the opposite. what ****ing difference does it make to them where we have our mafia thread.
good thing Vyse-domo has our back with the power of doucheaman.

anyways vote [toshi] third time lucky.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Luke, I would heavily advise ignoring the temp closure than getting off topic and flaming mods. It will not help the game in the slightest.

Melancholy

Smash Ace
Got it Luke, third time lucky. Why so desperate to vote Toshi?

No lynch is a bad idea IMO. Gives us nothing to go on, besides the mafia killing a townie, and possibly more night deaths due to independents (serial killers, vigilantes and the like). Even if we lynch a townie by accident first day, at least it shows the mafia we're not stupid enough to sit idly by and let them have their way. It would also give us some sort of direction for the second day; who was it that cast the hammer vote, what are peoples reactions to the lynch etc. No lynch leaves us just as blind as we are right now. No lynch might be a more viable strategy later in the game, perhaps when we know who the cop is and we can use the night to investigate. But for now, I’d be against no lynch. We might just get a mafia tonight, and that would put us at a real advantage.

Having said that, at least Summoner gave some reasons for his idea to no lynch. Muzga, however, just attempted to start a bandwagon. Seems like a mafia member who knows how useful a no lynch would be to the mafia, or at least trying to protect his scummates from a lynch. What have you got to say about that, Andre?

As a side note, what happened with “****ty 15 year old mods”? I must have missed it. I gather they don’t like us playing Mafia here? Couldn’t we just move it to decisive games?

Muzga

Smash Ace
Come on man, Dying sucks. I'd hate for anyone here to be lynched
you guys are all so cool XD

unreon

Smash Ace
I agree with Melancholy whole-heartedly. But we need people to stop lurking in the shadows and start contributing and collaborating with the rest of us. If there are honest townies who lurk around in the midst then it just makes it easier for the Mafia to blend in. The more information we can get, the better our lynching decision can become.

I am against a random voting for Toshi however, because I feel that a decision should be made on the basis of better evidence than straight from a hat.

Sieg

Smash Champion
But what evidence do we have?

With Luke pushing the envelope, we may actually see different reactions and can then make a basis judging on who does what.

That being said, I do also agree with the no Lynch vote.

Vote: No Lynch for now. Sorry Unreon <3.

Melancholy

Smash Ace
Why do you agree with the no lynch vote?

We've got till the 17th, no need to go for a no lynch now, when there could be plenty of evidence to be had over the next few days.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Because randomly voting for someone won't do anything, no matter how much they post in the next couple of days.

Randomly voting for someone is only going to start **** between us all. There's no need to go all out yet. I don't want to start something that will hinder us all later in the game.

Remember, this is a proper version of the game, a bit more professional than last time. There are so many other factors to suss out at the moment.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well thats the point unny, its a random vote, like the thing vyse posted, so I went random and picked toshi. you can say I'm being desperate but everytime we play this we all sit around for ages argueing what ifs and it takes forever for someone to make the first move, so I figured I just get it going straight away.

at least by doing so people now have something to discuss.

Luke, I would heavily advise ignoring the temp closure than getting off topic and flaming mods. It will not help the game in the slightest.
give it a rest, I was still staying on topic in that post.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Well there's two choices really, Lynching today could take out a mafia, but we also have the chance of loosing a townie thus putting the mafia into the lead. But people did point out that we still have a while to examine everyone's behavior.

If we don't lynch then a townie will be killed, but will be at a lower loss considering no-one was taken, higher chance of it being townie.

For my choice, i don't really know what I want yet. I'd prefer no lynch but that's just my opinion.

So what should we do about this current situation?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Sorry for the doublepost, but i know we're not allowed to edit posts

meant to say

If we don't lynch then a townie will be killed, but will be at a lower loss considering no-one was taken, higher chance of it being townie if we did lynch.

Sounds like it makes a bit more scene now.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Wouldn't see why you'd want to lynch me the second I start contributing O_o but that's your choice. Still thinking No lynch is a better idea, but once more people start to contribute then it should have better results from there

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
5. Your votes must be formatted like this to be counted: VOTE: name. This is to clarify whether you are actually casting a vote or not. (If it's not bolded it's not counted)
You must use bold tags when voting and you must follow the above format. I LAG's vote currently doesn't count for that reason.

2nd Official Vote Count:
(3) No Lynch : SummonerAU, Muzga, Sieg
(1) Muzga : Toshi
(1) Toshi : luke_atyeo

(11) Not voting: undead_moose, xXArrowXx, LeishaChu, Vlade, Unreon, Melancholy, Afropony, Lord Bowser, I LAG, Nixenator, kupo

If a majority is not reached, the person with the highest number of votes will be lynched!
If multiple people have the majority of votes, whoever reached that majority first will be lynched!

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Corrected 2nd Vote Count; <3 Vyse, but you can't let people be listed twice!

2nd Official Vote Count:
(3) No Lynch : SummonerAU, Muzga, Sieg
(1) Muzga : Toshi
(1) Toshi : luke_atyeo

(11) Not voting: undead_moose, xXArrowXx, LeishaChu, Vlade, Unreon, Melancholy, Afropony, Lord Bowser, I LAG, Nixenator, kupo

I LAG he was talking about you saying "Vote: lynch NAME". It's strictly "Vote: NAME".

Vyse ninja edit'd his mistakes. ):<

Vlade

Social Outcast
Vote: Toshi

I think that just no-lynching can only hurt us. It's important to be proactive and not to just sit around and wait for something to happen. If we don't do anything today then the next day will just be the same because we don't have anything to go from, hence the first lynch will almost certainly be random anyway. Might as well vote sooner rather than later.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
But if we lynch a townie by mistake then the mafia have 2 kills already with their night kill. If we no lynch then maybe a cop/detective (which one is it I've heard different people say different things.) can discover a mafia or something like that. All I'm saying is it puts us at a large disadvantage if we accidentally lynch a townie.

Top Bottom