• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RockCrock the Crusher 2

Metà

Smash Master
wow. this was really, really good. rockcrock's creativity shines through as always

there was really good variety in the clips shown and i like the way you went between the 3 characters. good editing man. I was surprised that his DK actually ended up being my favourite part of the video, cause DK combo videos are usually really boring.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Thank you, glad to see so many people enjoying it!

what program did you use to edit this?
most of the "real" editing was done in Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9.0

Most clip arrangement was originally done in Windows Movie Maker

the video description has other non-video programs I used as well

Edit: Also,

badass. i was waiting for dk's sideB spike the whole time. glad i watched the credits.
Lol nice

Dimitris

Smash Ace
That Falcon combo on Marth across the screen... oh no that was DK juggling. :bee:

Siiiiick, RockCrock. Sick video, Phanna.

Max?

Smash Champion
This was ridiculous. RockCrock is the ****ing truth, and that DK of his.... dear god.....

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Awesome video, Dennis! Sick editing by Phanna!
I must watch again!

I really hate Ganon's f-air -> f-air combo eating by double jump from 0%, lol

And I'm glad we're emphasizing shielddrops since there was a thread with people "sleeping" on shielddropping. But this video should wake them, lol.

Like I totally called it out:

RockCrock is still amazing. He shielddrops pretty consistently among other things. The guy's a genius for real!

SmashMac

Smash Lord
This video almost brought me to tears. Such a great job Phanna your editing was ridiculous. RockCrock is a champion. His choice of moves are just so on-point. Amazing.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
The editing of this video was by far the best i've ever seen. The opening and ending were very creative and well produced.

My criticisms are that the combos were generally boring. The falcon stuff in particular was very generic aside from a few clips, and the ganon stuff was somewhat stale too. I really enjoyed all the DK stuff, it was very fresh and creative, I wish the video was more DK heavy with only the best ganon and falcon clips.

Also, im not sure why the shield drop sound was in there. TBH the only reason I watched the whole thing was that I was expecting a clip near the end to have an insane shield drop scene, but that never came. If your intent in adding the sound was to entice people to watch the video in its entirety, it sure worked on me.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
The editing of this video was by far the best i've ever seen. The opening and ending were very creative and well produced.

My criticisms are that the combos were generally boring. The falcon stuff in particular was very generic aside from a few clips, and the ganon stuff was somewhat stale too. I really enjoyed all the DK stuff, it was very fresh and creative, I wish the video was more DK heavy with only the best ganon and falcon clips.

Also, im not sure why the shield drop sound was in there. TBH the only reason I watched the whole thing was that I was expecting a clip near the end to have an insane shield drop scene, but that never came. If your intent in adding the sound was to entice people to watch the video in its entirety, it sure worked on me.
The video is geared toward viewers who are not intimately familiar with the past decade of smash nuance, therefore some of the clips may seem generic to you, that is more than understandable. I mean to generate hype about SSBM while showing a great player of the game, and some simply effective and elegantly beautiful combinations that are possible with his characters. And to entertain, inspire, and delight!

I understand your comment, I'm glad you liked the editing, and the variety I feel was necessary. The SFX on shield-dropping, again, to emphasize metagame to less "pro" players.

Nice video phanna!

ROCKCROCK (nice playing, you're fun to watch, of course)

Smooth editing, sweet intro and ending, and I loved those first clips showing just how beast-crushing Ganon is. Some crazy clips in there, liked the grouping, and the music. Actually music changed pretty quick a few times for me, but no biggie (I got that it was theming DK and that style and stuff).

Again, creative intro and ending, cool ideas done well.

Going to watch the first one (again?) now.

THE CRUSHER and that's the feeling i get from this video

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
I giggled so hard at every shai drop.

I'm in the process of making my own video, I think I might be able to challenge those shai drop clips ;D

Binx

Smash Master
I really liked it a lot, very nice original combos with good editing, one thing I would like is if you had cut the clips a little tighter when it was clear someone was going to die unless he was going to continue hitting them, but overall nice vid.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
You are a stupid mother ****er.

Dennis, awesome vid!!!! phanna you ****ing ****. Too good. Tooo good.

Top Bottom