• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robocop Poll: Bracket Formation

Should M2K be inserted late into the Finals Bracket?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Can i vote no for Brawl and yes for Melee?

Really, i think we treat him like any other player that comes to the tourney.

EDIT: Does the Np stand for No Problem?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I thought this question was finalized already? >_>

Well anyway, I think He should progress in the brackets normally like everyone else, it doesn't seem very fair for anyone if he gets given instant priority into the top of the bracket.

If its just for for melee then sure, Doesn't bother me really, (mostly a biased opinion) but not for brawl as-well. So I selected no anyway, seeing it says both events.

Waaaaay too much special treatment imo.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Ask to have the vote switched over conor =P.

Anyway I hope nothing i said is taken personally, I jsut dont think ANYONE should be given this. Makes it unfair on everyone else.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Don't worry, I can count votes that were meant to be for the other side! Thanks Leish for your input. It was finalised for Brawl, Melee not so much.

swordsaint

Smash Master
if he's inserted late, technically speak he could (as it's been pointed out time and time again) play 0 tournament matches and get third. Win a large some of money, and go home laughing.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
A couple of things I want clarified before I actually vote:

1. Is M2K obligated to actually play his tournament matches regardless of the outcome of the poll?
2. If he were to be inserted late into the bracket, where exactly would he be inserted?

Also, as an afterthrought, will he still play in pools regardless? (Don't care about this one too much, just curious.)

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Just to let you guys know, I've mentioned this idea of putting M2K in finals to my smash friends in the Midwest America and they all just lol'd. Seriously, make him earn it. How often do you guys have a national? Why not treat it like one? Make this s**t legit.

Don't embarrass yourselves like this >.> Give yourselves some credit.

I hope this turns out for the best<3

Waaaaay too much special treatment imo.
so much it's silly =/

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
1. Yes he is.
2. After Winners Finals.

Also, he will still play in Pools regardless.

Mister Eric: For various reasons you aren't aware of as an American, this is an issue for Australia although it is a non-issue for America. I would not put this up for discussion, or listen to people's suggestions, if it was stupid/irrelevant.

I should also mention that voters that aren't going to Robocop are going to have their votes nulled.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I think m2k being an auto lose for anyone that gets him is more unfair then him being advanced to finals straight off.

vote 1 for not being bracket *****.

Sirias

Smash Champion
He will beat everyone in his bracket and, like Ryan said, make one or two top Aussies go out without a chance, really.
But I still think he shouldn't be given leeway.
Either way he'll MOST LIKELY come AT LEAST 3rd anyway.

It's just gay all-round.
M2K ruins the whole event. </3

If he is given or is not given insta-3rd, it should be for both games.
Not just for Melee or just Brawl, THAT is gay.

Edit:

There's no saying he MIGHT lose in Brackets, but it's just so highly doubtful.
Still, I say he plays normally, like anyone else.

Melancholy

Smash Ace
I don't see the point at all. We payed all this money to bring him over to compete in our tounament, only for him to compete in just 2 sets? That's stupid.

With proper seeding the best Australians will still rise to the top, and there's very little chance of someone being knocked out by M2K (i.e he won't ever be in the losers bracket) so I don't see a problem.

Admittedly I'm not going to be one of the people placing "in the money" (or even the bracket, most likely) so it doesn't affect me directly, but there are pot restrictions anyway, so the top placing Australian wont have their winnings diminished.

tl;dr: Voted No.

Sirias

Smash Champion
No, but the point is M2K will knock a top Aussie into losers (maybe even early on) and then ANOTHER top Aussie and maybe another.
So basically 1 top Aussie COULD get eliminated early on and not get anywhere near finals.
Which is gay?
Duh?
Stfu?
=]

Edit:

Oh yeah I voted Np. c:

Zero

Smash Hero
I think pools will be seeded so that all top Australians will get optimal seedings, whereas pools with American players will have weaker players receiving 2nd seeds, as to avoid a situation like this where top Australian players are competing against M2K/top Americans early.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207

Mister Eric: For various reasons you aren't aware of as an American, this is an issue for Australia although it is a non-issue for America. I would not put this up for discussion, or listen to people's suggestions, if it was stupid/irrelevant.

I should also mention that voters that aren't going to Robocop are going to have their votes nulled.
Sorry if my opinion is invalid. He is American afterall and I've been to several tournies with M2Ks presence. I figured this should be considered more of a smasher's concern.

I am not voting, it isn't my place. But I thought outside input would be nice. Might help some people who are convinced that this is a good idea step back and remember that the smash community follows a standard ruleset. And nowhere in the history of smash do I remember someone ever getting this kind of treatment. I don't think you guys are a joke. But I think this step is setting you guys up to look that way.

But yeah, if it isn't my place that's fine. Just caring<3

gl with everything.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I think pools will be seeded so that all top Australians will get optimal seedings, whereas pools with American players will have weaker players receiving 2nd seeds, as to avoid a situation like this where top Australian players are competing against M2K/top Americans early.
This.

10seededbrackets

Zxv

Smash Lord
As opposed to stomping us, getting first and going home laughing?
Least he earns what he gets that way.

I personally don't mind being knocked out by M2K/other Australians. I'm more in it for the experience to verse many other high level players than the glory of placing high.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Sif you don't want bragging rights bryte! Everyone does :D My aim is to get a better placing than corpse so Perth can stfu.

I don't mind m2k/oates/havok being at start of bracket, ill beat them anyway....

Inb4everyonesaystibshasnochance

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
I personally believe he should not be given special treatment and have to play his way through pools and bracket. That way, more people will get the chance to play him. If he automatically gets inserted higher up in the bracket, only the people who are prepared to money match him will have a chance to play him, excluding the selected few who place really high (i'm under the impression he won't play friendlies, only mm, correct me if i'm wrong).

I think it'll be pretty **** if he only plays a few tournament matches and only accepts money matches in his free time. I'm just considering the people who aren't expected to make it THAT far (majority of players) and who don't exactly have spare money to mm him but would like the experience of playing him.

I can also see the other side of the argument though. The smashers who are favourites to place well and win money could be duped by being knocked into losers early and hence having to face another skilled player much earlier in the bracket and risk being knocked out early.

I'm going with 'no' though as bracket **** is a part of smash tournaments.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Hall will be just as much of an Insta-lose as M2K will be, and since they will be on opposite sides of the brackets it evens out somewhat.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Make him work his way, I mean yes he could say knock Shaya and Tibs or whatever in losers early and make them vs each other, but that's a situation we have to live with in our setup, that situation could happen without m2k anyway.

And Im not in favour of giving him an insta win of X amount of money, I mean we all know it won't happen, but there is a theoretical odds of M2K losing matches and getting eliminated from the tourney all together, thus he needs to go through the same process as everyone to make sure he's not just given money for showing up to Australia (which you guys paid for anyway).

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It's a typo I can't fix! Some mod...
I'd suggest re-doing the thread since so many people have voted already.

I personally believe he should not be given special treatment and have to play his way through pools and bracket. That way, more people will get the chance to play him. If he automatically gets inserted higher up in the bracket, only the people who are prepared to money match him will have a chance to play him, excluding the selected few who place really high (i'm under the impression he won't play friendlies, only mm, correct me if i'm wrong).

I think it'll be pretty **** if he only plays a few tournament matches and only accepts money matches in his free time. I'm just considering the people who aren't expected to make it THAT far (majority of players) and who don't exactly have spare money to mm him but would like the experience of playing him.
I agree 100%

Think about it. You are getting the chance to play against M2k in a tournament match.
That doesn't come by very often.

I can also see the other side of the argument though. The smashers who are favourites to place well and win money could be duped by being knocked into losers early and hence having to face another skilled player much earlier in the bracket and risk being knocked out early.

I'm going with 'no' though as bracket **** is a part of smash tournaments.
And so there's next time. Thriller 3?

Hotdog

Smash Lord
I voted no. Don't forget about the other Americans, they're going to bracket **** just as hard as M2K imo. Besides it'd be more entertaining to watch more matches of him and to see how more people go against him in the brackets.

Would be lols if he didn't make it outta pools.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
M2K sandbags and gets last seed in his pool, then proceeds to royal **** up the bracket.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I'd love to play M2K in bracket, it wouldn't be about the winning or losing. Just the chance to play him in tournament alone is worth it.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i'm sure it really doesn't matter, since that's not against the rules.
also the final brawl bracket will be jam packed with top players anyway, might as well just seed it entirely based on location.

Top Bottom