• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex: The Big House 2 feat. Mango, Hungrybox, KirbyKaze!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
We have registrants from six different states already: MI, OH, PA, IL, MA, CA

Still plenty of time to get in on the free t-shirts :) not even halfway to 25 yet!

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I just registered without reeeeally being sure if I can go
xD

I also don't think I got a Tshirt :(

Spife

Smash Master
yeah I'm pretty sure I didn't get a shirt
this is a shirts-option tourny right? I don't own any shirts :(

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Questions: If I flew in to Detroit (assuming that's the closest airport) could I
1) Get a ride to the venue from a local on Friday night (at about 8pm)?
2) Get housing from a local?(I'd be an incredible well-behaved and considerate guest)
3) Ride back on Sunday night (flight will probably be at about 7pm)

I'd be coming from Salt Lake City so you can imagine this would quite a trip for me during school but I'd like to see if I can attend. (it's either a smash tournament or go on a cruise -- I'd rather go to a smash tournament).

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I got a 404 error when trying to register.

edit: nvm, got it to work. Reg'd

Wait WTF I got an email saying I just registered for SKTAR. WTF happened?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Questions: If I flew in to Detroit (assuming that's the closest airport) could I
1) Get a ride to the venue from a local on Friday night (at about 8pm)?
2) Get housing from a local?(I'd be an incredible well-behaved and considerate guest)
3) Ride back on Sunday night (flight will probably be at about 7pm)

I'd be coming from Salt Lake City so you can imagine this would quite a trip for me during school but I'd like to see if I can attend. (it's either a smash tournament or go on a cruise -- I'd rather go to a smash tournament).
I'm sure someone could get you on Friday night and provide housing, but the return flight at 7pm Sunday night isn't ideal, as it would require someone to miss the last few sets of singles bracket to drive you to the airport. You'll have a better chance if you push that flight back to 9pm or later.

I got a 404 error when trying to register.

edit: nvm, got it to work. Reg'd

Wait WTF I got an email saying I just registered for SKTAR. WTF happened?
I'm aware of the issue. Bionic set up the registration pages for both SKTAR and this tourney, and some code was recycled. You should have also gotten an email saying you registered for Big House / UM Smash, and don't worry, you're only paying for that. The extra SKTAR email is an error that Bionic just fixed as of now (8/16).

Just so you know, I did get your registration, as well as everyone else's who has had the "extra email" issue.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I'm sure someone could get you on Friday night and provide housing, but the return flight at 7pm Sunday night isn't ideal, as it would require someone to miss the last few sets of singles bracket to drive you to the airport. You'll have a better chance if you push that flight back to 10pm or later.
Oh, definitely, I must have misunderstood the schedule. I wouldn't want to miss the last sets of singles let alone the poor kid that'd have to drive me. I'll take another look at flights.

Just to clarify, Detroit is the best place to fly in? Or is there a closer/better airport?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Oh, definitely, I must have misunderstood the schedule. I wouldn't want to miss the last sets of singles let alone the poor kid that'd have to drive me. I'll take another look at flights.

Just to clarify, Detroit is the best place to fly in? Or is there a closer/better airport?
Yes, Detroit Metro Airport (DTW) is the best place to fly into.

About the schedule: it requires people who bring full setups to stay until at least 7pm with their equipment. Give it 30 mins to get back to DTW, and since you're supposed to be there 90 mins before your flight (afaik), that puts you at 9pm as the earliest Sunday flight you should be taking out.

You think SKTAR being over is enough reason for Kietaro to stop advertising for SKTAR?
LOL. This guy.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
West Coast is coming strong. There should be at least 5-6 of them here, including a possible hidden boss again. :bee:

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
It'll be aight if Hax comes. Maybe some other big bosses from the around the country.

Just saw that the boat is on at this. Reasoning? As long as there's no brinstar I don't care, just curious

strawhats

Smash Master
It'll be aight if Hax comes. Maybe some other big bosses from the around the country.

Just saw that the boat is on at this. Reasoning? As long as there's no brinstar I don't care, just curious
I think its the fact that people wanna see Darkrain vs S2J finally happen

Im gonna go ahead and assume sfat/lovage/shroomed are going to this. Maybe scar/zhu/ppu(i hope)
Prays for Johnny to go. I really wanna see him n the dark knight do falcon dittos.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Yo purdue is going into beast mode. LE, me, and cunning are gonna wreck some *****es.

Also, the hidden west coast boss is gonna be so hype.

ORLY

Smash Master
turn on brinstar already you haters

it's so legit once you're in tune with mother brinstar's cycles

EDIT: i wanna play a couple games with the legendary KDJ

Top Bottom