• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex: The Big House 2 feat. Mango, Hungrybox, KirbyKaze!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
An extra spot has opened up in Project M due to Silly Goose dropping. If you're interested in claiming it, PM me.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yo where's the Stage list?
Strike from Starters for game 1. Players get 3 bans each (to be stated upon winning a game).

STARTERS:

Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story

COUNTER-PICKS:

Dracula's Castle
Green Hill Zone
Metal Cavern
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rumble Falls
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

ORLY

Smash Master
I thought we'd discussed Skyworld, Strong Bad

This is my disappointed face

EDIT: very well then

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
My bad! Notepad file didn't save when I changed it. It's gone now.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND WHY WINNER CAN CHANGE CHARACTERS AFTER EH WINS A MATCH..

This rule was created a long time ago and it was because stages that benefited other characters greatly like, mute city, green greens, corneria, brinstar, onnet were allowed.

But now THEY ARENT. Melee & PM comunnity has to evolved and the ruleset also. Then what is the point of counterpicking if I lost. If the winner can change characters...?? That is BS...

Im not trying to be a hater but I would love for someone to explain to me the logic behind this...

And dont tell me this is because unlike other fighters stages affect the match. Cause this doesnt count no more. Stages that gave an UNFAIR advantage have been removed, all of them. So why then. Because it was always there so lets leave it like that.

This rule is so dumb that in most streams I've heard that the first to win the first match is almost guranteed to win the second if he knows how to play most characters.

But what about those with character loyalty???

I think this rule should be revised for future tournaments, because if then why is there a counterpick in the first place?

Also if a thread for this kind of debate already exists can you all kindly please point me to the right place

Thanks
and peace to you all

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
I really dont think this is the appropriate thread to discuss that...

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'm in for Double Dash.

I think I was supposed to have a showdown vs ORLY and FrootLoop among others at the last Sakurai in Chicago, but for some reason it never happened!

ORLY

Smash Master
we can have some 4 player FFA double dash with juggleguy, myself, blitz, and vudujin ;D

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Doesn't Double Dash support 16 players? xD

I would FULLY SUPPORT using venue fee to set up 16 player Double Dash

ORLY

Smash Master
i do have a network adapter on my cube, if people are interested in making this happen

although i've never tried / heard of / seen 16 player double dash

ORLY

Smash Master
all right, sounds like i'll bring a double dash disc and a LAN cable along with my set-up

this is goin' down

Blitzbolt_

Smash Cadet
16 player double dash is balls. You can't choose your character/kart, and even if you could, there's only 20 chars. If there was some way everyone could be what they wanted (calling all hackers!), it would be really cool though.

the last Sakurai in Chicago
The wha?

the mario kart paradox:
no items = no fun
items = lol items
Haha, there's always basic items too, if you want a compromise.

The worst part of items in smash is that they blow up for no reason and appear randomly. Items in double dash are more tame in those respects (appear more predictably, don't blow up). Of course, their effects are another thing altogether.

Top Bottom