• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to APEX: Kings of Cali- SephirothKen! BRING A SETUP! - stream by VGbootcamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Darn I wish I was in Cali so I could go see and hang out with Ken :(

The funny thing is that if Ken had posted his attendance 1 month ago, this tournament would've broke 300.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 64 (37 members and 27 guests)Seagull Joe, Xandolar, bliu12, HyugaRicdeau, Mr. game and watch, Lol., ~Quest~+, MattDotZeb, clowsui, DrillbitSammy, Xyless, SacaSuMoto, nealdt, Fly_Amanita, Smelly Cat, Nardis, Wretched, tufts!, Mizuki, Fågelholken, Juggleguy, Chroma, HUGQ, joejoe22802, Juushichi, Zivilyn Bane, Violence, Twinkles, Garzal, Sparky, Eo., KiraFlax

:018:

Violence

Smash Lord
Yo Crimson, you missed an H in the thread title, you have it as SepirothKen

EDIT: Zivilyn, it couldn't have broken 300, there's a cap.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Anyone coming from OC area ? My car happens to be in the shop this Saturday and I happen to have off. I saw wafflez commentary and it motivated me to want to commentate.

Also PP u need a partner? If I go? I haven't touched smash in 5 years so... I dunno but I am ken so ill still probably be good

:phone:
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet jesus

clowsui

Smash Legend
So far based on the thread:

TVs
1-xx. TCB and pre-regged
xx-xx+5. Mikehaze
xx+5-xx+6. CoCo
xx+7-xx+9. HugQ

Gamecubes
1. Coco
2. HugQ
3. TCB
4. Sung
5. Violence
6. Combofest
7-yy. Pre-regged

So either players don't believe you actually need setups to run a tournament or they're not posting about it. Are you guys serious? There are 128 people, no, even MORE at this point coming to this tournament.

If you guys are holding out on setups PLEASE POST. As a TO myself I can hardly imagine that TCB is anywhere NEAR OK with this. If you are not posting you had better damn well all show up with setups because without them TCB can NOT run a good event.

You guys have a great stream for the event. Mango is finally trying hard in his own region. Norcal vs Socal the event is happening. Ken is coming. So is PP. PLEASE GUYS, SPEAK UP ABOUT SETUPS IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY OR SHOW UP WITH THEM. This is distressing.

EDIT:

You guys may have said if you're bringing a setup or not on TCB's thing already, which probably means he'll be okay xD But the point still stands: please show up with 'em!!!

clowsui

Smash Legend
Thanks HugQ =D you're a true hero. Violence, you too!

Heroes are to be admired, bring a setup.

Just to kind of clarify I don't think anybody who wants to go to this tournament/is going to this tournament is an idiot. Everyone knows setups are essential to a tournament, but not everyone knows their own responsibility towards bringing a setup. My post spells your responsibility out loud and clear:

BASED ON THE NUMBER OF TVS AND CUBES THAT EVERYONE ELSE HAS CLAIMED TO BE BRINGING, TEAM OXY DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH RESOURCES TO MAKE THIS THE BEST EVENT THAT THEY CAN.

So do the right thing. Contribute to the effort. Take responsibility as an attendee, and the TOs will take care of their responsibilities. Refuse to rise up to your duties, and you will be a direct cause for the failure of this event. It's that simple.

clowsui

Smash Legend
@ken:

Mango - Norwalk -captain-
s2j - Diamond Bar
Lovage - Westlake Village
Westballz - Burbank
Lucky - Norwalk
Fly Amanita - Irvine
Sung666 - Eagle Rock
Connor - Anaheim

-alts- (no effective diff between this and an actual member)
Stabbedbyanipple - Irvine
MacD - Irvine

it's likely that someone here is definitely nice enough to let you replace them

sweetxignorance

Smash Apprentice
Attention everyone:

I'm Julian and I will be giving Ken a ride tomorrow. He just texted me not too long ago.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Clowsui I don't want to stop you because you are saying all the right things (BRING A SETUP.BRING A SETUP.BRING A SETUP.BRING A SETUP.BRING A SETUP.BRING A SETUP.BRING A SETUP. AND COME ON TIME. 10:30-11:00)

but small factual correction...in the pre-reg form I asked ppl how many setups they are going to bring. Obviously that doesn't mean they necessarily WILL bring their setup, so the point is still there. We NEED community contribution.

So please keep helping out lol. Spread the good word!

I can bring a wii, if that counts as anything.
It does. We have a bunch of TVs without systems. Everything helps.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Ooooh sorry xD I didn't register for this myself because I can't make it + I only like to watch + talk about Melee (changing this soon, since Ohio is getting a little more active). But I'm glad to help

And yeah Combo just make sure you have melee like he said =)

Beat!

Smash Master
I believe a certain smash "law" will need a slight modification now.

*ahem*

"One does not quit smash.

No exceptions."

Hyppppeeee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom