• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex 2012: TourneyPlay SoCal - September 24-25th, 2011 - S

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Pre-Reg has been up and working for 2 weeks at G4G. So 3 weeks when all is said and done to Pre-Reg. It is a valid comparison.
How long Pre-Reg is up is not even an issue... its the mentality of gamers. This event all in all has been posted for 4 months for Smash (on AiB for sure, something a bit less on SWF).
It was listed on Day 1 as going to be Pre-Reg.

Jun - long list of issues with UCSD. Pat is working on it with them. UCSD is not very "tournament friendly" at this point. So Pat is really going to bat not only for this event but for WGF 2012 as well.

Get registrations in. You have plenty of time. Its the 15th. I will cut Pre-reg off on 20th maybe 21st.
That is 5 or 6 days (as I have to then transfer $$ from PayPal to Bank and get it out, else someone gets paid via PayPal for prizes. I would RATHER do CASH CASH CASH for Prizes).

Vouge

Smash Journeyman
^ Same question, it'd definitely be more of an incentive to enter if I knew great players were gonna be around.

sidefx

Smash Champion
Genesis 2 was 100% pre-reg and that did not seem to be a problem... A lot of other events have been 100% pre-reg... So not sure why TourneyPlay events being 100% pre-reg is a problem?
actually it wasnt 100% online pre-reg.

at first it was supposed to be but we never got the amount of people needed for pre-reg (to pay for ****) until the very last day.

over half of our pre-reg was literally within the last half of the last day. Then i was forced to have pre-reg at the hotel the night before, and again at the door for the super late ****ers that procrastinate like a mofo.

Vouge

Smash Journeyman
Woah, sorry about that post guys. The tournament is looking like its coming together nicely at this point, good job!

:phone:

Jun.

Smash Lord
Yeah no worries GameClucks. Feel free to notify me if anything is needed on behalf of the players at UCSD and the SD region.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Could someone Pre-reg for me? I lack the ability to pay online and don't want to hassle my parents. I will obviously pay you back in person at the tournament or whenever I see you next.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
OK so since Melee is Sunday only, I had an idea (for my car at least) to chill with various LA-area Socalians on Saturday. I also want to hit up these two locations:
http://www.sodapopstop.com/home.cfm (5702 York Boulevard, LA)
http://www.mjt.org/ (9341 Venice Boulevard, Culver City)
Possibly also Roscoe's?
Then we would head to SD for the night (we would like housing for 5 people please).

Eddy 007

Smash Apprentice
I wonder how many people will enter, compared with the fees of wintergamefest 2011, this is just five dollar more expensive for doubles but is the same for singles. Well, wintergamefest had PP. ;)

See ya guys there!

SFAT

Smash Ace
I am so confused on how to pay for this. "If entering Multiple Events add up the costs, overwrite the the dollar amount, pay it, note it in the fields available." I don't understand what fields and where we are suppose to overwrite the dollar amount.

LuCKy

Smash Master
I am so confused on how to pay for this. "If entering Multiple Events add up the costs, overwrite the the dollar amount, pay it, note it in the fields available." I don't understand what fields and where we are suppose to overwrite the dollar amount.
I was wonderin about this too lol If this gets answered and i find out some ride info ill sign up tonight

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Ok PayPal is fixed. It now allows you to entry the total for the events.

Sorry about that.

We need an insane amount of registrations online ASAP.

I am hearing that a LOT of ppl plan to come, but we have to get registrations ONLINE as the box office at UCSD will not open their box office up to allow us to process cash on site.

REGISTER!!
REGISTER!!
REGISTER!!
REGISTER!!
REGISTER!!
REGISTER!!
REGISTER!!
REGISTER!!

bkgamerboy

Smash Rookie
We want to register but I am a little confused (this will be our first tournament).

Where can we find the rules?

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Ok so I registered for G4G I have my account and it's been verified through my e-mail and yet when I click ENTER THIS TOURNAMENT FOR $25, it tells me that I need to register and create a new G4G account

Then it asks me to fill out user name / e-mail / reCAPTCHA, to which it says either the user name / e-mail was taken or that the reCAPTCHA was not entered correctly

I assume that this is because the site hasn't realized that my account exists yet? I used different user names / e-mails as well to see if I needed two accounts to no avail

Atlus8

Smash Master
Ok so I registered for G4G I have my account and it's been verified through my e-mail and yet when I click ENTER THIS TOURNAMENT FOR $25, it tells me that I need to register and create a new G4G account

Then it asks me to fill out user name / e-mail / reCAPTCHA, to which it says either the user name / e-mail was taken or that the reCAPTCHA was not entered correctly

I assume that this is because the site hasn't realized that my account exists yet? I used different user names / e-mails as well to see if I needed two accounts to no avail
Same BS happened to me so I just paid through paypal!

:phone:

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
NEW VENUE! NEW SCHEDULE! NEW PAYMENT AT DOOR AVAILABLE!!!

Due to some issues with UCSD, we have MOVED THIS EVENT to:
Frubble (Frubble.com)
9628 Carlton Hills Boulevard
Santee, CA 92071-1414

This is the venue used bu Box Arena for their monthly events. We have access to two areas.
One in the store its self
The other in the next building

MAKE NOTE OF THE CHANGES to this event. Schedule changes a little (though not a lot) and the Venue has changed!!!!!!

ALSO we can take $$$$$ at the Door (which is the biggest change!!!)

THANKS ALL!! And sorry for all of this venue shift and such, we just had literally an 11th Hour shake up.. we have recovered, regrouped and are powering forward!

Many of you know me and know my reputation.
This event will be a GREAT ONE!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Venue Fee is explained in the Payouts section... 20-25% of entry fee = venue

baka4moé

Smash Champion
**** i really want to go to this.

can anyone give me a ride? i live in pasadena. i can help with gas money and i plan to bring a setup if possible.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
My car is still looking for housing Fri in LA and Sat in SD.
We are trying to just kick it and have a free day in LA on Saturday if anyone's down.
My car contains me, SFAT, Darrell, Julian, and Duh-hwan.

Top Bottom