• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival Of Salt Results Thread

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
GCC is better than Wiimote (and Wiichuck) cause more buttons+ability to customize controls=more versatility. eg For both the jump input and the shield input, I have 2 buttons assigned; 1 regular and 1 shoulder button.

It just doesn't make a difference usually cause most people just turn off tap jump as their custom control setting, which means they usually end up leaving 1 shoulder button and X/Y completely untouched.

Poke, is it possible to buffer dash attacks with the Wiimote?

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
GCC is better than Wiimote (and Wiichuck) cause more buttons+ability to customize controls=more versatility. eg For both the jump input and the shield input, I have 2 buttons assigned; 1 regular and 1 shoulder button.

It just doesn't make a difference usually cause most people just turn off tap jump as their custom control setting, which means they usually end up leaving 1 shoulder button and X/Y completely untouched.

Poke, is it possible to buffer dash attacks with the Wiimote?
you have literally 1 more button than wii-chuck (i used 1 and 2 when i played) and since there actually aren't enough inputs to cover 7 buttons without repeating, it doesn't matter

also, d-pad = c-stick (you can change settings)

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Oh I forgot about 1 and 2. I'm surprised you actually use them, everytime I tried to press them while playing non-Brawl games I was like ARGHHHH I CAN'T REACH

I was really just posting with Wiimote (cause Poke uses it) in mind, and threw Wiichuck in there for whatever reason.

Though I do think the GCC has a more convenient layout. ABXY are in a much more accessible position to the thumb than A 1 and 2 are on the Wiimote. But part of that may just be because I suck at reaching 1 and 2 because I don't use the Wiimote often

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
I took a stock off vinnies ice climbers with snake and jigglypuff using just the wiimote and i had never used the wiimote in my life

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
The Wiimote novelty isn't cool. <_< I'm not gonna tell you what to do, but I'm definitely not a fan.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
here are some pictures i took!! with captions!!

this is (allegedly) a picture of the C.N. tower taken by kurtis on the drive up to Whitby. if you can find it, good for you. if not, dont feel bad because i had better luck finding supreme dirt at a melee smashfest

this time i asked kurtis to take a picture of the 'welcome to Whitby!' sign. unfortunately he missed it, so instead he got a picture of Brock Street. needless to say, i decided to take over the camera work from then onwards

here youll find one of the many historical landmarks in Whitby, the scotiabank. this highly visited tourist attraction is probably the first thing that comes to mind when Whitby is mentioned, for good reason. the Hamilton car visited scotiabank prompty upon entering Whitby, and i can safely say that the service was excellent and ill almost certainly be a repeat customer!

oh god, i swear my pictures arent usually this bad, im normally a top notch cameraman, this is just a big mistake, i hope it wont scar my record, oh god

in this photo, youll notice the vast sweeping plains and beautiful trees and shrubbery located in the fine city of Whitby. some Whitby natives claim that this field used to be the most popular and most used crop field back in the day. others say its the soccer field that was used by the famous international soccer player, Johnathan McDonald. personally, i say it was muddy

here youll find the illusive Controllius Smashius deep in thought in his natural habitat, a giant goalie mask. the glowing eyes signal that the Controllius Smashius is hungry and ready to hunt for its main form of nourishment: gamecube controllers. luckily i managed to snag a picture before me and my gamecube controller were spotted.

leafshadow

Smash Apprentice
1. Ally :snake: :metaknight: :rob: Per usual you take this tourney amazing job aking first in singles and doubles and I'm glad you used ROB :D
2. Vinnie :popo: Amazing job place 2nd oh and nice chatting with you :D
3. MJG :toonlink: :metaknight: Think we chatted either way good **** taking 3rd
4. Holynightmare :metaknight: Your br uses ROB and you don't WTFITS JK great seeing you again and good **** this tourney
5. Toronto Joe :metaknight: Amazing tournament bro looking forward to the next RoS and thanks for the MK tips very much appriciated
5. Bloodcross :falco: I think we met not sure either way Good ****
7. Will :dk2: Great job in brackets amazing DK
7. [YRSF] Tin Man :olimar: Great placing Tin oh and thanx for the very helpful friendly matches
9. Logic :olimar: Great meeting you man your madchill I hope to see you come out more
9. Yoona (Sauc3) :metaknight: :samus2:
9. Mar1 :dk2: Saw a few matches your DK is mad legit
9. GIMR :gw: :falco: GGs in Pools :D
13. Pharaoh Brolic Allah Ackbar Jihad Burka (Cruxis) :snake: I promise you we'll MM next time and Good **** this tourney bro :D
13. Alphicans :gw: Thanx for the Pikachu tips
13. Doom :falco: :metaknight:
13. Attila :dk2: GGs in pools :D
17. Nicole :peach: Nice meeting you hopefully you'll
17. Patches :gw: Patches!!!! Good **** bro you did an amazing job that hardcore traiing
17. Raziek :marth: Think we've chatted don't think I've seen you play
17. Buenob :rob: Yay ROB great job making out of pools oh and those were fun ROB dittos
17. Poke :falco: Great job making it out of pools your improving greatly
17. V115 :zerosuitsamus: Great job making it out of pools and I had a nice time chatting with you on the go train
17. Croi :wario: Think we chatted but have't seen you play heard your Wario was legit though and good stuff making it out of pools
17. Apostl :ashketchum: Never saw you play
25. Googs :diddy: Great seeing you again
25. Fuddo :pit: Good **** making it out of pools and beating Illiad we'll MM next time
25. Zhao :luigi2: Great seeing you again too we gotta team some time double Colin'll get the money in dubz XD
25. Jessica (Phiddlesticks) :random: Nice seeing you again :D

Gichan Thanx for also hosting an awesome tourney Gi and great seeing you again looking forward to the next fest you have :D

TDawg Great seeing you again cuz hope you reach at more of these it's been fun hanging with you :D

Jen Great seeing you again and fun matches BTW thanx again for some of the poutine :D

Stef Great seeing you again that ness has improved well since I last saw itwe still also need to do that Random 1$ MM :D

Dom/Joseph great seeing you both and hype pokemon batteles BTW :D

Skyler Had a great time teaming with you though next time don't run headfirst into PKT2

Bluenob GGs man fun Matches and MM :p

Crowbar nice seeing you again and hope you got what you needed for the channel :D

On a related note my IDK what I was doing with my Yoshi at this I mean damn :/

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
hey leafshadow finish this sentence

John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
ill find that out soon blacka

and nicole whoever had the camera zoomed in on you when we were sitting on the cn tower glass lmao ❤

Last edited:

Nicole

Smash Champion
ill find that out soon blacka

and nicole whoever had the camera zoomed in on your booty when we were sitting on the cn tower glass LMFAOOOOOO
LOOOLLLL well that narrows it down to two people. I wonder if this mystery will be solved.

sauc3

Smash Lord

i totally did catch the C.N. tower with that pic if you look close enough,

(just to the left of the telephone pole and about half the size)

Cruxis

Smash Lord
LOOOLLLL well that narrows it down to two people. I wonder if this mystery will be solved.
Or joe was actually the one doing it, but trying to pass it off and pretend someone else was doin it

oh yeah.

:phone:

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
No you dummies LOL the dude who took the picture for us, he recorded something instead ahaha

the videos i have are:

1. walking through the trippy art in the cn tower
2. going through the laser windstrom security storm
3. going up the cn tower elevator
4.taking a group picture
5. Cruxis vs MJG hype arm wrestling match
6. VGBC saving the day and being gods hooking up the ghost tv

should i upload any of these or shall these by memories for me to keep?

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
will do now haha

and RoS2 isnt happening this summer ,maybe 2013

edit: to clarify since ppl texted me, we're still gonna host a local in the summer, but it wont be part of the RoS series, whether it be me+gi or just gi if im in ottawa

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
1. Ally - Good stuff getting your revenge on Vinnie :awesome:

2. Vinnie - I'm going ROB next time I think, 3 stocked your G&W on Frigate :troll:

3. MJG - Argh so close! I expected that MK to come out for our 2nd set, I actually like fighting your MK more than your TL cause I know the matchup more. But I was surprised by that new campy MK style, I need to see what I can do versus that :O

5. Toronto Joe - Good **** hosting this and getting a lot of American to come, beating Will impressed me. Sucks we had to play I felt you gave up 2nd game vs me. Don't worry though you've definitively gotten better.

5. Bloodcross - Good seeing you, I think you would be so much better if you didn't lose temper during your matches :S

7. Will - Good games in crew battles and MM, good seeing you as usual. You must come back! :)

7. [YRSF] Tin Man - Best Olimar? :troll: Good placing, see you at Impulse :)

9. Logic - Fail bracket, but you should have beaten Ally's ROB WHY YOU GAVE UP.

9. Yoona (Sauc3) - Good seeing you as usual, Ice Climbers are gay :urg:

9. Mar1 - Legit placing Mar1, you've improved a lot. Come with us again for Impulse! MK is banned and you will do much better.

9. GIMR - Good seeing you too, legit stream :)

13. Pharaoh Brolic Allah Ackbar Jihad Burka (Cruxis) - Good stuff beating Nicole :)

13. Alphicans - Your G&W is so annoying in doubles, good seeing you :)

13. Doom - I expected to have a bit of trouble against your MK, I know you have more more MK experience than me. Not sure you're still unrusty but I hope we play again for a rematch!

13. Attila - Best in Nova Scotia!

17. Nicole - You're really good in doubles it's crazy. o.0

17. Patches - Should have beaten Logic imo :troll: Keep improving son.

17. Raziek - Fun and close mm, come back again :)

17. Buenob&Margaret - Good seeing you guys as usual :) Sorry for being so sick at this xD Good placing for not playing Buenob you still have it.

17. Poke - Fun friendlies :)

17. V115 - Our MM was pretty fun, you choked too much though I find :S

17. Croi - Wario: "Yes"

17. Apostl :ashketchum: - GGS, dunno what happened first match xD Legit stream.

25. Googs - Should stop being drunk so you place top 5. Fun trip back home.

25. Fuddo - Good stuff!

25. Zhao - Stop sandbagging >:L

25. Jessica (Phiddlesticks) - Sandbagging as usual why?

Top Bottom