• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee2! RESULTS THREAD WILL BE UP SOON!

What Format do you guys prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HugS™

Smash Lord
god ****it hugs. i love you. you're my favorite smasher but shut the **** up and let kage have his win. if mango wants to prove himself, let him do it.
I let Kage have his win. He did well.

I'm speaking against the less educated that are trying to act like Kage's performance was the equivalent of beating Mango @ Genesis.

People want to be hard headed and not even consider the fact that Kage did NOT beat Mango at his best.
They want to pretend he beat the best player in the world twice and legit, but want to omit the fact that he placed 3rd and got rocked by PP shortly afterwords.

Kage gets props for beating a weakened mango, quite an accomplishment, but that's about it.

I guess..

But I'd feel like a bigger douchbag if I was the "best player in the world" that lost to other said player that placed 3rd
LoL, true, true.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I got ***** at this but had so much fun.

If you didn't go then you did **** up, badly.

A lot of you guys don't know what else went down at this outside of the tourney but it's a pretty huge deal and ****ing sucks ***.

You guys will find out soon enough I guess.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
@ HugS
Even the best player in the world has a worst matchup. Mango doesn't like Ganon, Kage likes Puff. That's all there is to it.

Kage afterwards being beaten in a matchup he's less good in and PP happens to be beast in, doesn't invalidate his amazing performance against Mango.

And forgive me for not buying the 'Mango was weakened' argument. From what I've heard he did fine in teams. (But then again, I didn't see the vids so I can't really tell :embarrass)

But HugS, you're a smart player, you know all this.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Hugs isn't it possible that Kage just knew how to play mango? I mean it's not completely out of the question. DrPP was playing pretty beast, probably better than usual.

I.B

Smash Lord
"a weakened Mango"? Care to clarify Hugs? If I'm not mistaken, this is the same Mango that was ****** everything(incl. Jman) until he got to Kage, so...

Big Red

Smash Journeyman
Weakened Mango? If these are hangover johns, give me a break! I've gotten drunk, you can get over a hangover in 24 hours. Plus Mango was beastin **** earlier, so what happened?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I find it amazing that a lot of ppl that live in NY/NJ attended and they did not even know about saffron.

It makes me a sad panda i feel so unknown now:(

other than that i had a ton of fun playing with boxman and messing around with marth and having a good time watching people have fun. I would post my issue with certain people in this community cause i was pissed some people screwed other others in teams but its really w/e and I should really take the high road despite being a very spiteful person.

So ya see most of ny/nj/ct/ma and whoever at saffron. For others good **** this weekend.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
I let Kage have his win. He did well.

I'm speaking against the less educated that are trying to act like Kage's performance was the equivalent of beating Mango @ Genesis.

People want to be hard headed and not even consider the fact that Kage did NOT beat Mango at his best.
They want to pretend he beat the best player in the world twice and legit, but want to omit the fact that he placed 3rd and got rocked by PP shortly afterwords.

Kage gets props for beating a weakened mango, quite an accomplishment, but that's about it.
I wanna say something but HugS is my hero so I cant :'(

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I don't get why people think an upset is such a big deal? I know it's new to smash but I think people should get used to it because it's normal, and makes the game look far more legit.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
It's not its that there are many factors for people losing. Think of boxing. Do you really think that an upset happens cause each fighter is equal? Not really. Sadly it is about what happens in and out of the ring and just who knows more. Mango lost legit and the factors were XYZ .... Kage beat him cause of ABC...enough said really.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I think Mang0 lost because he is bad at the Ganon matchup. I honestly thought he threw the first set because he didn't wanna play hbox early in brackets.

And I don't really feel I have the right to say what happened after the tournament but everyone will find out eventually, sucks though...

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I think Mang0 lost because he is bad at the Ganon matchup. I honestly thought he threw the first set because he didn't wanna play hbox early in brackets.

And I don't really feel I have the right to say what happened after the tournament but everyone will find out eventually, sucks though...

why mention it then? Its kinda dumb to say all that and NOT expect people to ask why. Its a giant sign saying please talk to me.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
It's not its that there are many factors for people losing. Think of boxing. Do you really think that an upset happens cause each fighter is equal? Not really. Sadly it is about what happens in and out of the ring and just who knows more. Mango lost legit and the factors were XYZ .... Kage beat him cause of ABC...enough said really.
lmao it's funny because abc is a liquor store
lo

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Mango was definitely trying in second set. After losing with Falco, he immediately went Puff and counterpicked Dreamland. He did some amazing things too (check out him taking out Kage's second last stock).

I hope that this makes Mango go Mr.Serious all the time, instead of just dire moments like this one.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
i think ppl are taking mangos hangover comment way too seriously

edit:dam you dj,you never told the story

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
well too late now might as well post. I love posting drama cause I like to piss people off especially 2-faced people XD..but thats another story unrelated to rom :)

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
I was watching most of mango's matches all day. it's pretty safe for me to say that i think that he was playing pretty solid in singles. Even vs Kage his falco seemed to be playing well. I noticed he didn't use hardly any lasers vs kage with falco.
On the other hand PP played the matchup perfectly with a mix of lasers and just pure rush down. Mango tried 100% rushdown and ended up trading hits a lot and just getting hit by ganon which hurts lol. His puff seemed to be playing trixy as well but last match he didn't seem to have any mango magic left in him :( either way mango is a great player and he's going to win pound 4 i'd bet my life on it. Props to kage though, a true warrior lol.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
in NYC we got the worst ****ing commercials for liquor stores...called north end wine and liquor...i swear one viewing of those commercials makes you see the fail in the Hispanic community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom