• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee 3! WC coming strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB&J

Smash Hero
lol @ kirby kaze thinking drugged fox is an average fox player..the kid showed up out of now where and started ****** kids down here..i love when people dont know whats coming

as for kage- kage is a warrior so drugged fox better train up for that ganon

LLDL

Smash Hero
Who does KirbyKaze use, Sheik?

pff, tristates low level players will take care of you early on in r1 pools.

Beef.

<3

Alukard

Smash Hero
mmm i love this hype right b4 the tournament ... i hope all this **** talk is happening during matches ... melee is losing its hype imo (CHEERING DURING MATCHES) ... people just watch unless its me and G$ screaming ...people are taking melee like its chess ...

ARE WE FIGHTING ON THE SCREEN OR WAT!!!???

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
alukard just because they dont scream means they are not hyped. i think its a show of respect to watch a set and clap after

if udont mean that then my bad xD

Alukard

Smash Hero
alukard just because they dont scream means they are not hyped. i think its a show of respect to watch a set and clap after

if udont mean that then my bad xD
yea but honestly ... this isn't ur traditional game i love it when after every big play its a cheer ... just like a basketball game ... i want that umph!!! =]

cuz thats the stuff that got me and my friends started that sure as hell will get others into it ^_^

also thats kinda wat i meant ...

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
if that is how it evolves then I mean....that is not a bad thing. Its like the quiet before the storm...it makes everything more hyped imo

but thats an aesthetic that some people get used to over time. It is like wrestling at an indy show. In a great match everyone is silent then then do a series of technical locks and back to a standing base and people clap. Man its amazing to watch people ( and in melee esp ) do those kind of things.

Do I mind yelling and screaming? Nah its cool too but I love just hearing the gasps and the commentary team talking as the action happens then BOOM something amazing and people go nuts.

Alukard

Smash Hero
if that is how it evolves then I mean....that is not a bad thing. Its like the quiet before the storm...it makes everything more hyped imo

but thats an aesthetic that some people get used to over time. It is like wrestling at an indy show. In a great match everyone is silent then then do a series of technical locks and back to a standing base and people clap. Man its amazing to watch people ( and in melee esp ) do those kind of things.

Do I mind yelling and screaming? Nah its cool too but I love just hearing the gasps and the commentary team talking as the action happens then BOOM something amazing and people go nuts.
i guess i can agree with that ... but only if its stuff like m2k vs armada style ... thats the only time i couldn't say **** ... i was like O_o' LOLOL

There's no point in **** talking when its one-sided. Yeahhhhh you heard it here. The south's got this.
i like this guy ... i hope to see ur matches ... just make it to bracket ok homie ^_-

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
thats what I am talking about. High level play. Low level play ( hype wise ) wont be as good cause everyone is playing matches.

what you should do is have people get off friendlies ( i.e dj and others ) to watch the matches to get a better crowd.

Also I hope you are getting some things so people can watch the matches. I know that people will crowd around a little tv and thats not fair to many that will miss it. It should be split so people can watch it on a bigger tv.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
@Alukard

I'm just talkin mad trash because:

1) I'm from the south
2) My first national, and only 2 months of going to tournies =]

@Alex

I think that atmosphere you're talking about will happen naturally if something is SUPER hype... like armada vs mango at genesis. It was SO intense that everyone pretty much shut up, then something amazing happened (like mango's rests) and the crowd exploded.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
thats what i mean.

thats why i wanted brian to clarify cause i did not know what he meant.

I love those type of matches other than the nyc style with trash talking. I know its common place with south nyc and wc but I like that hype more

MacD

Banned via Administration
get all your matches recorded

i want to see both downsmashes working in unison <_<
peach's dsmash > sheik's dsmash > peach's dsmash is like at least 60 and it's sooooo fun!!!!

man i miss teaming with sheik

@alex/alu over in so cal the only cheering that ever happens is for noob matches, it's sad when teams winners finals is going on and you hear people shouting for other matches and no one cheering at the finals

Alukard

Smash Hero
peach's dsmash > sheik's dsmash > peach's dsmash is like at least 60 and it's sooooo fun!!!!

man i miss teaming with sheik

@alex/alu over in so cal the only cheering that ever happens is for noob matches, it's sad when teams winners finals is going on and you hear people shouting for other matches and no one cheering at the finals
thats ****ing terrible ... **** dont roll around here like that!!! =]

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
lol @ kirby kaze thinking drugged fox is an average fox player..the kid showed up out of now where and started ****** kids down here..i love when people dont know whats coming

as for kage- kage is a warrior so drugged fox better train up for that ganon
sorry but who's "down here"?

refresh my memory; i don't keep up with garbage regions...

oh wait. don't you guys have xif and chaddd?

but oh... he doesn't beat them anyway LOL

chain-ace iirc you're a terrible space animal from tri-state so that sounds like a MM to me :)

5 bucks?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
hah getem kirbykaze

drugged fox does look pretty good in vids and hes prety smart in convo on boards(seems pretty knowledgeable and aware).... only time can tell tho.

LLDL

Smash Hero
KK: LOL, we'll see. I don't wanna take ur paper, so I might just scrape in a friendly or two.

And yeah Druggedfox looks good, I saw him win a GA grand finals...But I don't believe he did that in like his first month of entering tourneys unless there was no competition there except soft lol.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Mad people are sleeping on KK >.>;

I thought it was like known in the community that he was a top sheik?

I'm excited to see Druggedfox though, seems like a great upstart player!

You guys should MM. Mad hype if you two meet in pools/bracket.

Edit: Also saw a shoddy video come up when I searched you druggedfox, is that you?

I'd love to battle, only OU though lol.

sauc3

Smash Lord
this **** is too hype, kk gonna **** ****, sorry drugged fox, love ur vids, but kk is srsly gunna make you question everything you do. gl. :)

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Mad people are sleeping on KK >.>;

I thought it was like known in the community that he was a top sheik?

I'm excited to see Druggedfox though, seems like a great upstart player!

You guys should MM. Mad hype if you two meet in pools/bracket.

Edit: Also saw a shoddy video come up when I searched you druggedfox, is that you?

I'd love to battle, only OU though lol.
KK IS a top level sheik. Doesn't change how I feel about fighting him =D I'm going to be confident regardless of who I'm fighting in bracket, I don't care if it's scrub #183 or mango :)

Yeah, I used to play shoddy. I was #1 in ubers, and taught 3 other #1 players... :awesome:

@KK Yeah man, sorry I lost to one of the best ganon players in the world with no ganon experience, with less than a month of tournaments under my belt. I SUCK SO MUCH. Oh yeah, PLEASE show me how badly sheik beats marth. It'll be my first time fighting a high level sheik, so you can be the one to show me how supposedly bad it is ;)

We'll see how this goes down though, should be fun, can't wait to meet everyone.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
KK: LOL, we'll see. I don't wanna take ur paper, so I might just scrape in a friendly or two.
Weak.

Also pffft. Friendlies with Hungrybox just proves Druggy can play super gay vs Puff. Doesn't say jack **** about how he is in other matchups. And to top it off, it's not even tournament ROFL.

But good stuff being able to fight one character effectively.

edit: No johns Druggy you lost to Ganon.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Hbox can still tell you how much I suck =D

Idk, playing gay didn't work for jman...:awesome:

But we'll see what happens.

More important than by bad trash talk:

So has mango decided if he's coming or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom