• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee 3! WC coming strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hax

Smash Champion
highlights were my boy nando getting off and me/juan proving ourselves in teams. if jason won that would have been the perfect ending; still good sh*t PP

only complaint is how the tourney was run. i know im not the only one that didnt feel like playing tourney matches at 10pm..

Rikana

Smash Champion
Melee text-based streams are always gonna get more views than Brawl live streams.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
1st- Mango/Lucky
2nd- Hax/HBox
3rd- PP/Yay
4th- Chillin/Tope
5th- Darc/M2K and someone else(I think someone said Jman/Thorn)

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Nah, Ganon has some nasty chain grabs on lots of top tiers.
Quoted for truth. It's a shame ganon's cg on fox requires so much **** much speed and precision.

Kage, I say stick with ganon. You are an incredible player, but you have to accept the fact that there is room for improvement in your game. It's not ALL the character, although I thoroughly understand your frustration.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Quoted for truth. It's a shame ganon's cg on fox requires so much **** much speed and precision.

Kage, I say stick with ganon. You are an incredible player, but you have to accept the fact that there is room for improvement in your game. It's not ALL the character, although I thoroughly understand your frustration.
Ya there is always room for improvement but there's just certain things that auto-***** him I'm tired of experiencing.. I am disappointed because I hate losing and I really wanted to win.. why not just expand my arsenal for counter-picks.. anyways I'm gonna go start fighting for reals pretty soon, enough BS where the game dictates what you have to do, RL ftw.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Ya there is always room for improvement but there's just certain things that auto-***** him I'm tired of experiencing.. I am disappointed because I hate losing and I really wanted to win.. why not just expand my arsenal for counter-picks.. anyways I'm gonna go start fighting for reals pretty soon, enough BS where the game dictates what you have to do, RL ftw.
Gannon does get auto ***** in certain situations.... especially in his recovery. And it does suck mad ballz.

Who you going to learn as a secondary?

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
Give Kage a break boys. He's an incredible player and Ganon SUCKS as a character.

He's a true warrior, but he's also very competitive and he wants to WIN. He will not win with Ganon.

Respect his decision because he will always be the Warrior in our hearts.

Amen.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Good **** KirbyKaze! Taking everybody by surprise and placing top ******* 3!!

Also shout-outs to VaNz and MacD, reppin' Peach players everywhere!

Diesel

Smash Journeyman
Nah, Ganon has some nasty chain grabs on lots of top tiers.

I'm guilty of abusing these chaingrabs in tournament. I was up 3-1 on JesiahTEG's shiek thanks to the chaingrabs before he ***** me because he's beast and I'm not.

I shouted for kage to use the chaingrabs on link, but he was too much of a warrior. Too honorable, but you gotta be dirrrrrty.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure melee was once again revived.

Lol I felt like a booker taking all those bets for rps and melee gf.

I had so much fun at this. PP has quite a talent at this game, and mango admitted that he is. Currently the best falco.

I'm itching more than ever now for pound5! The competition is fierce, and I was resoundly humbled for the first time in over a year.

Congrats to everyone who entered for making this worthwile.

To the fanboy(s) : ill win next time!

To hax: 2nd in teams sonnnnnnn!

To melee: <3
What is this i don't odd...

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Give Kage a break boys. He's an incredible player and Ganon SUCKS as a character.

He's a true warrior, but he's also very competitive and he wants to WIN. He will not win with Ganon.

Amen.
Lol. I wasn't trying to be a critic, just revive his warrior spirit. I've seen all of kage's vids several times each and know a great deal about ganon's matchups, and there are definitely a few things kage could do to improve his game slightly.

Ex: when a spacie is aiming its up-b down to perfectly sweespot the edge, kage almost always SHFFLs a bair (and buffers a roll away after he l-cancels to get out of the way of a possible ledgehop approach in the event that the bair misses, which it usually does), which will only hit them if they aim it wrong. Although it's good to play safe, he could go for the uair spike and setup for a routine edgeguard. It sucks to read someone like a pop-up book and then miss out on a ko opportunity.

I am in no way trying to say I know more than kage about this game or ganon. There are just a few things I've noticed that I'd love to see him work on. I'd just hate to see him drop ganon, he's one of my favorite players and very smart. He probably doesn't give a **** about my advice but oh well lol, my 2 cents. Ganon forever.

Divinokage

Smash Legend

Amen.
Bah I'm just really pissed off right now, I'm human right? I can be frustrated. It's my emotions that I am venting, and it will pass... In the end I'll probably just play Ganon since I cannot play any other characters for ****s. =P

Ace: Ya maybe I could do that vs spacies more, but in brackets there was only 1 spacie for me this time. I always lose to the same god**** people. loll..

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
If someone had told you Kage would lose to Mango and Hungrybox in tourney, you would have thought he got top 5... but here he only got 17th to show for it. Give Kage a break, he had one of the most brutal brackets ever.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Switch to Falcon like I did Kage. It's like having a ganon that actually has speed. It's really fun, and a great transition for a ganon main. Plus you're not totally copping out to top tier or anything. Falcon struggles to place high but it can be done.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Or he just wants to go to have fun without people speculating.
I understand that, yet

1. People will still speculate; and more importantly

2. He -continues- to act as though he's unstoppable, but he doesn't allow for the opportunity.

I say I can breathe underwater, I'm just not willing to get wet. Is that defensible? An analogy is an analogy, hopefully no one pushes it too far.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I understand that, yet

1. People will still speculate; and more importantly

2. He -continues- to act as though he's unstoppable, but he doesn't allow for the opportunity.

I say I can breathe underwater, I'm just not willing to get wet. Is that defensible? An analogy is an analogy, hopefully no one pushes it too far.
Wise words from the man belly.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I can breathe underwater, but every time i put my head under the water I hear dead people screaming at me. when I asked my land lord to put in a shower he said 'why? its a lovely bath.'

well, he hasn't got dead people screaming at him, does he.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Shoutouts later, but right now thanks alu for hosting, anyone that supported me for being amazing, NC for being the craziest mofos to ride with, Falco for having a stupid gun, rainbow cruise for being gay, and Melee for being amazing.

oh and m2k for helping me give everyone a memorable finals. too good. <3

ps driving sucks....and shut up EC I **** at it you only saw me drive once.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Thank you to everyone for coming ... i really hope u guys enjoyed yourselves ... controlling 200 people isn't easy!

i love you all and i love melee!!! ^_^

R00R

Smash Journeyman
This **** was mad fun.

Shout outs when the results thread gets posted.

Please post bracket and pools, last year that never happened and it was mad gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom