• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee 3 "upsetting" results!!

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
After I read something about kage possibly making a trip to nc I couldn't focus on anything else LOL. Good stuff pp & m2k!

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
*continues to be the best smash coach*

KK reppin that cactus knowledge straight into third place niqqaaaaa

For realz though, you only needed more faith in yourself. I just gave you a little shove in the right direction ;)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
macd - <3333333333 pretty much everything on facebook covers it. thanks man ^___^

teczero - <33333333 so much love. thanks for playing me for like 4 hours at your house hahaha really got me ready for the tournament. and sleeping on the carpet *****.

alex strife - thanks for housing us on such short notice <333333 it was great seeing you again and finally getting my jacket back lol

riddlebox - awesome driving to get down there. sucks about the phone bill and work. thank you for letting me come on the trip and getting this awesome experience :D

sauc3 - loool shotty is gay but w/e nice job in MMs even if you bombed the tournament LOOOOL

JPOBS - collision cube of an escargot will have its day of glory. some day. enjoy playing ryan hahaha

unknown522 - <3333333333 we talked enough in the car/bus home lol

r1 pool

tarzan - fun matches
blizzardbeam - will be best puff in 2012
ranmaru - needs faster moves
yedi - good stuff haha. chokesies second game i guess.

i forget who the last person was D:

r2 pool

druggy - fun games. sheik *****.
deathknight - falco is gayyyyyyyyyy but so is puff so w/e looool sucks you weren't feeling it hahahaha
wenbobular - your tag is amazing. cruise is homo but so is fox so idk loool

bracket

pakman - nice rust. luigi is much easier (is that possible?) when he can't up+b/dair/other stuff my poof lag. loool poof ko

benteezy - ughhhhhhhh laser camping so gay. nice second match.

mango / scorpion master - lol you make no sense to me. thanks for the win though?

vanz - sorry about brief confusion third match. i didn't mind going to fd i just wanted to know if it was on for future sets and stuff. blech. crowd should have rooted for you. kind of gay for them not to root for their own player on his birthday >__> hbd btw <3 let's play more friendlies next time. so jealous of your regrabs vs space animals

dr. peepee - you're too good at this game for real hahaha. fun sets. i'm really not sure what to make of them but it's clear you handle the PRESHAUR much better than i do. next time won't be so easy though haha. now it's personal ;] you kept me from 1-upping kage's rom2 performance. and i'm not too pleased with that :p

mew2king - ;___;

people i didn't play
hungrybox - bracket was hella gay :[ oh well just win the next one lol

jman - looool i was so worried you'd beat pp in loser's semis and like completely **** me haha but i also kind of wanted to play you. i really wish i did that mm with you in hindsight :p

darc - you always get pp lolwtf

lucky - arghhhhhhhh m2k's sheik is so gay :[ was rooting for you

mogwai - your beard is hot

prog - <33333 you broke my heart with your quitting but mended it with your love

tope - hugs **** sucks we didn't get around to playing -___-

eggm - lol worst timing ever -___- we get on setup and then immediately pools or w/e starts so dumb omg

lovage - i like playing you. why didn't we play ;__;

hugs - let's mm loool whenever you're around haha i never played a good samoose

d20 - always nice to see you. how's that pacing working out?

milktea - <3333333

crismas - always nice to see you ^__^

people i did play

niko - loooool <3

sam - loooool you play so gay

jesiahteg - your style is weird i hate it loooool sheik is gay

rockcrock - sucks we couldn't play more loool

hax - our friendlies are always on the worst setups in the whole venue at the worst time possible why is that >__> i treasured our 1/6th of a match though? >___> let's play actual games next time looool

spife - looool you can sometimes do everyhting right but sometimes don't just figure out how to do things right more often loooool

kage - loooool idk

yay - loool nando

chopz - looool double or nothing but you don't even have the money for it >__> don't do that if you can't pay for losing plz
man, i never get any shoutouts at nationals.
*Control-Fs KK's shoutouts*

:(

-KevinM
I KNEW I FORGOT SOMEONE IMPORTANT

KevinM I didn't go home with you ;___;

:(

Banks

Smash Hero
kirbykaze - thanks for ****** me in two sheik dittos

jesiah - nice to play you in friendlies/teams friendlies. you are very fun to play since you see everything in an analytical way, and I think i'm kind of random

husband/wife - always nice to see and play you two. only got teams games in, you guys work together incredibly well

pools
vanz - nice set, i'm glad i banned brinstar. i lost to Lucky in 2nd pool and you got first in yours, so i guess the universe corrected itself. we didn't get our falco/sheik mm in, but there's always next time

morgue - sheik is a biatch, but you could have taken the first game had it not been for my gaytarded edge shenanigans

jbz/jdog - good games, altho jdog you kind of killed yourself twice per game =(

---
lucky - i got *****, first game especially. O WELL

haileym - close 2nd game, gg's

sneak - good set, i was worried u might get 2nd seed

bracket
winston - i don't quite know luigi's tricksies, close set I'm just glad I managed to pull it out. you have a very good weegee

jman - eh fox. hard to win that matchup for me vs someone as good as you but I gave it a shot. fun talking to you thruout the tournament too

everlasting yayuhz - i thought you were about to make a comeback lol. really good set, and you have a nice fawkz

unknown - good games, i feel like i coulda taken one of those, but you woulda been able to counterpick me to foxland usa if you wanted to anyways, u r too good with both spacies. but fun talking to you/playing

maine
jinjo - good **** getting to 2nd round, you def were solid a lot of the time at this.

morgue - breakout maine train playa, you are steadily improving and don't forget it. setting high goals is good, i think you got bracket at the next one tho for sure

solar - gg's in teams, we def can be real good when we're on point. and good **** beasting mm's and randomly using jiggs and fox pristinely after focusing on peach before the tournament lol

diesel dan - yo, you are better than befo' keep on keepin on

th0rn - brohan, nice **** in da turnee broku

$mike - you are the future of **** if you continue this rapage

jfox - nice to see you after so long

mop - nice to see you again good sir

cort - u shoulda played round 2!

zoso - u still **** me in 65.89% of friendlies and the other ones are 50/50 with a 40% chance of showers

everyone else - i probly see you once a month at least, you know i know you were here, unless i don't

lastly, shouts to nuro/strawhats/mop/spife/nuro for being in the hotel room and experienced hacked melee friendlies and sleeping/not sleeping

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
shoutout attempt:

thanks a bunch for alukard/d1/stacy/daphney/hazz and whoever helped with the TO'ing. an exciting tourney indeed.

PP.; good stuff winning wow you really put m2k on the ropes. That had to be one of the best shinespikes I ever pulled off. lol you teched it you *******!!!! j/k. good stuff. you are such a good "heads up" player. like you see everything. I hope that makes sense.

m2k; crap, I know after that performance that theres part of you that wants to redeem yourself. look at rom1 and get motivated

mango; yay you went marth, hell yea

lucky; oh snap haileyM

haileyM; good **** vs lucky. MAD HYPE. you did so well at this tourney.

702; you're getting better. your offensive choices are RLY creative. Reminds me of myself on offense.

strictnyn3; wow good stuff in bracket

darc; sweet we didnt have to play each other in tourney

hax/DJ; it sucks running into ppl you play semi regularly at a major. I was in the car on the way there and I so called it. oh well

jesiah; wow man super improved....you had me pretty shook in pools. I buckled down in bracket tho. crap we shouldnt faced each other again.

minic; you and general are mad legit keep it up. def mad admirable for running link the entire time. general, your nairs are like the 3rd fastest in the world. which is good considering that cort's peach in its prime did nairs that were un-seeable and that vanz's peach is kind of like the 2nd coming. so you pretty much have really fast nairs.....LOL

jpobs; really fun playing friendlies and talking some theory. good stuff.

mafia; yeah we DEF have to get a session at the next local. its on my to do list.

t.webb; I saw you out there good stuff you are getting more solid every time i see you keep it up.

darrell; them teams friendlies were beast and thx again for housing me next month. looking forward to it.

waffles; **** guess we gonna have to get a friendly session next month.

lovage; thanks a bunch for teaming with me. it was really cool not having to worry about my partner getting shield grabbed or missing anything basic lol. i think our styles are diff and alike in some ways. 9th is pretty good given the practice we put in lol. I love fox players.

unknown; snap this is like the first major where we didnt play mad friendlies i think. crap gotta make up next time.

kevM; good stuff man you are improving alot. yay more solid fox players!

jman; good stuff jailbird.

KirbyKaze; wow dude you really shut up some folks this past weekend. I mean i already knew it but like Im glad that you did really well. omg you got a haircut!

yay; **** son mad mess-ups vs nando.... a hype set nonetheless...i guess its hard to concentrate under THAT much pressure.

nando; **** son mad mess-ups vs yay.... a hype set nonetheless...i guess its hard to concentrate under THAT much pressure.

eggm; good stuff vs hax...had my notebook out as usual

hbk; =(

PC; =(

Hazz/reno; thx for the teams practice.

WoZ; settlers lol

pockyD; im coming to get my remote next month!!! lol not really...fun teams matches

pakman; wtf misfire always gets me.

scar; ur fox is pretty much the best fox in the world at utilting

dr. grip and krazykup(**** i forgot how to spell it)....Thought West Virgina was like a deadzone. getem morgantown. I wish i was around.

pittsburgh; you guys dun need a shoutout. you already know what it is. you guys are the best. <3

g$; best pantomimes ever DIP!

strawhats and friends; thx for the fries at five guys that trip was much more needed than i realized. I killed my burger.

budai; always there with tons of support thx a bunch and maybe see you in stratford this weekend.

sleepyk; thx for using my TV to record on.

Chillin; crap i wanted to MM you to get my 5 bucks back from apex. the tourney ran too long tho in all honesty i ended up not MM anyone.....
*johns johns*. good stuff in teams. your fox is sooooooo jank. Its pretty refreshing. And I mean jank in the most positive way conceivable. I like taking some of your tricks and using them.

tope; good stuff in teams. least we made it to bracket this time lol............j/k

zoso; Dave you are so good.

druggedfox; very nice to meet you. nice friendlies day 1

chopz; thanks for the falco practice as usual.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Sure the tournament went kinda long however I think it was an awesome job for 200 players without even Pre-Reg. RoM series = no pre-reg needed to be run fine ftw. =P

Of course everyone wanted to play a bit more... but you know.. can't do everything.

unknown522

Some guy
Shoutouts:

1: Dr. PeePee - Good **** winning this. I should've went with my gut and placed a side-bet, lol (but I pussied out). We also had some good friendlies. We'll get some more in and chill if you come to pound 5.

2: m2k - I've never seen someone so upset for getting 2nd. You did good for the most part, though I know it wasn't your best. If you're not satasfied, then train up and do better. If you decide to go to pound 5. We all want you to come. I also didn't get to play you at this ****it!

3: kirbykaze - Good work on 3rd place (and you thought you were gonna do bad). I know you think that you didn't deserve it, but don't worry about that. Take what you get and continue to do well. That falco training we did must of helped you some huh?

Also; lol @ your new fanbase. I'm kinda happy that our local players are gonna be bugging you instead of bugging me to teach them :D. Anyways, we'll train up for pound 5.

4: jesus - Pretty good man. It's a shame that we didn't get to play at this. Come to pound 5. I want to see you do well.

5: hbox - Great time chilling with you. You are a really good sport and didn't john whatsoever from what I recall. We gotta get some matches/MMs in next time.

5: lucky - GAH! We didn't play again. We also didn't get to hang out much. Next time for sure.

7: darc - We Still have never played each other yet. Sucks about teams as well. I like when you said "how did we lose on brinstar? I never lose on brinstar!". We will definitely play at pound 5. I'm gonna be looking for you.

7: kayle - We had some good matches in teams, and those friendlies. I always enjoy talking to you and hanging out with you. You're so chill. We'll get some more in at pound 5.

9: mango - This guy going falcon. Win pound 5 with fox for me plz? I wanna see a fox win a national.

9: macD - It was great talking to you. We never got to play singles though. Next time for sure.

9: eggm - GJ beating me in the bracket. The end of game 2 was so lame though. I won't **** up so much next time we play though (I hope ;D). Also, I'm sorry that my fox practice didn't help you vs Jman.

I also admire your ambition as to why you main fox (fox hasn't won a national since 2007. Not 2006 though. PC Chris at OC3). I hope that your goal works out soon. Keep practicing and get better.

9: hugs - We didn't play again ****it! Pound 5, I'm gonna look for you.

13: chops - We didn't talk much or play this time! I always enjoy hanging out with you. Pound 5 we'll do it up!

13: rockcroc - We did good in teams, though we both know we could've done better. Sorry about the SDs and also looking so upset on the second day (I remember you told me to cheer up). I was tired as hell and hate sleeping on the floor with a passion. So I got much less sleep then I potentially could've. I wasn't actually sad/mad though.

I also enjoyed our friendlies. You are fun to play with in both singles and teams. You did some cool ****. I did some gay **** haha. Hopefully you come to pound 5. We can play some more and maybe do some team MMs.

13: hax - I had a great time talking to you and playing those teams friendlies (though I didn't look like it). I'll hit you up on AIM soon to discuss the banjo-kazooie stuff. Hopefully you can get some free time soon. We gotta play some singles at pound 5.

13: G$ - We didn't play at all, but I did watch some of your matches. You keep getting better and better. Good ****. I'll see you at pound 5.

17: kage - The warrior! I saw your last game vs Hbox. You did good man. I hope that our training 2 weeks ago helped you at this. Pound 5 is your time to shine!

17: chillin - It was great talking to you. You had me scared though when you were yelling **** at Darrell. I though you were actually pissed off at him. I didn't want a fight to break out or something. You did really well in teams man. I hope you keep playing! I want to see you do really well again.

17: waffles - We had some good bracket matches in singles and teams. Looks like you got me with that falco. Did you actually know it was my worst matchup? or were you just feeling falco?

Still, I love talking to you. You so chill man. If you come to pound 5, we'll chill some more. Also, if we meet in bracket again, then prepare for falco dittos.

17: sion - GGs in teams bracket. I'm glad that I finally got to meet you in person. I love hanging out with you. I wish we got to play more and I also wish that I watched more of you matches. I dunno when I'll see you again, but I hope that it'll be soon.

17: swift - We didn't talk much or play at all. I'm gonna make an effort to do so at pound 5.

17: unknown - Sleep in the car next time.

17: darrell - Glad to meet you. lol @ all the trashtalk to chillin. When he beat you, you took it like a *****. But oh well, what can you do? We'll get some more in next time.

17: ben - Nice to meet you. We'll play some next time.

25: tope - Sorry I couldn't MM you. I owe KK money for this trip, so I was dead broke. Pound 5 man.

25: tec0 - Our pools match was sloppy. You had the win, but the cloud failed you. Marth is gay. But anyawys; I always enjoy talking to you. We'll get some matches in at pound 5.

25: g-reg - I didn't introduce myself to you. Hope to see you at pound 5

25: stricNYN3 - GGs in pools. Though we didn't talk at all. We'll play next time.

25: DJ nintendo - Good friendlies. You looked upset though when we were playing. We'll get some in next time.

25: banks - GGs in bracket and our friendlies. You like my falco, don't you? We'll play more at pound 5.

25: jesiahTEG - GGs in pools. I'm surprised that you took a game. 3 0-deaths in a row? Anyways, it's always great to see you and hang out. If you come to pound 5, we'll chill more or if we manage to get to a syracuse tourney.

25: winston - I think that was you who I played with on the hacked setup when we first arrived. I'm actually not too sure.

33: lovage - Great talking to you for a bit. You and PP had some entertaining friendlies. It's a shame that we didn't get to play more. I guess I'm too popular :p. We'll play more if you can make it to pound 5.

33: sol - your name is familiar, but I don't remember who you are.

33: hazz - IB's twin. GGs in teams pools. We gotta get some friendlies in next time.

33: scar - Still no singles matches ****it!!! Pound 5 I'm gonna look for you.

33: druggedfox - Great meeting you. You're a really nice guy. We had some good singles/teams matches as well. I'm looking forward to talking/playing with you more in the future.

33: Dooooooooooooooooooooo - ?

33: $mike - I didn't introduce myself. Next time.

33: thorn - Good friendlies. We gotta play more and hang out next time.

33: husband - ****, I didn't see you the whole time. We gotta play next time.

33: hugQ - Great meeting you. We didn't get to play though. Next time.

33: everlasting yayuhz - We didn't play at all this time. It's always great talking/chilling with you though. Also, you love my career-ending pichu don't you?

33: pakman - GGs in bracket. Falco is gay. Also, hopefully you work off that rust soon.

33: ky - We didn't talk much, or play at all. next time.

33: d1 - I didn't get to talk to you much or play at all. You looked busy. next time.

33: nando - Good **** vs yayuhz. Also, GGs in teams and friendlies. You've improved quite a lot.

33: KevM - Great chilling with you man. I though you didn't enter because you were bad or something. Haha. I assumed wrong. We'll chill more at pound 5 though.

James (riddlebox) - Thanks for the ride man! I will go for my lisence ASAP. I failed you guys though in the tourney. I will do better next time. None of this SD BS.

Fun chilling with you on the weekend. Hopefully you get everything staightend out soon. Also, I forogt my towels in your car son.

Tristan (JPOBS) - Great chilling with you. Fun weekend. Hopefully your eye heals up quick. Also good luck on your project.

Kurtis (Sauc3) - Fun weekend. I didn't know that you used to be good at halo. Also, good **** with those MMs vs people and our teams MM. Work on those grab -> rests.

TWebb - It was fun playing with you in teams. Gotta get some singles in next time.

Daltsy - Awesome meeting you. You're so chill dude. Sucks that we had to face in teams bracket. Going to the sushi place and talking about random **** was awesome. Your mario/luigi are pretty tight.

Also, you know you love the pichu!

The general - It was cool chilling at Nonna's Pizza. We had quite a lot of good matches. Hope that advice helped. I'm sorry that I couldn't tell you too much, because I don't play peach.

Irish mafia - It was cool chilling with you at Nonna's pizza. You've improved a lot as well.

Asian dude that plays SF4 (forgot name again) - We gotta play man.

Axelslam - cool dude.

Cristmas - Sorry I didn't get to play you that much. Eggm kinda cut in. We'll play more at Pound 5 if you come.

Milktea - I didn't get to talk to you much. Pound 5 for sure.

Tect (****. Forgot your real name again!) - It was great seeing you after all this time! It's been so long man. We didn't get to play at all though. Next time for sure.

Tect's fiancee (****it, forgot your name too!) - Great meeting you and chilling at nonna's pizza (man I chill with everyone there). It's good that you came and supported your man and stuff. I hope to see you soon.

Andrew (Omni) - I was surprised that you were there. It was great talking to you though. Also, I wanted to watch your matches, but I never got around to it. We'll hang out more when you come back to toronto.

canadian in my pool (forgot name sorry) - Whitby! That's cool. We had some GGs in pools. Keep practicing!

Chris (canadian, don't remember your tag) - It was nice to meet you man.

Quebec Canada - Guys ask me to play next time.

Overlord - It was nice to meet you as well.

SleepyK - We finally got to play! You're good man. Sorry that I was playing so sloppy though. I will do better next time.

D20 - We gotta play. You also gotta see my Young Link!

Mogwai - GGs in pools. Close games. We'll play more next time.

MDZ - We had a good MM. You've improved a lot.

Spife - GGs. You gotta see my young link. Unless I already used him (I can't remember).

HaileyM - We didn't talk at all, but thanks for the cookie! We'll chill/play next time.

Brookman - Good to see you man. It's been so long! You have the most unique fox out of everyone I've played IMO. Hope to see you at pound 5.

Cort - we didn't get to play. I also wanted to see you tear up **** in the bracket, but oh well. I'm glad that you came though.

Dazwaa - We gotta play next time man.

Alukard - Thanks for hosting. We'll get some matches in next time.

Alukard's sister (forgetting names ****it) - Thanks for helping out again. It was great talking to you.

Alukard's girl (forgot your name) - Thanks for helping out. I had a great time talking to you.

I know I'm forgetting people. Sorry about that.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
yo whos jesus?

and wtf i live 40 mins from the venue, deff should of went -____-

Shroomed

Smash Master
m2k should've been like **** that i wanna win teams lets do this jman lol

i'd ditch any prior commitment if my first choice of teammate showed up!

YEAH I SED IT

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
wow looking at singles bracket makes me feel like i was not that far off from making winners finals. All I had to do was beat pp. I wouldve ***** everyone else XD...not rly but darc -> Jman -> kirbykaze is a lineup im mostly familiar with and wouldve LOVED to try to get through. But I got stacked on by PP....crap...

maybe next time.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
wow looking at singles bracket makes me feel like i was not that far off from making winners finals. All I had to do was beat pp. I wouldve ***** everyone else XD...not rly but darc -> Jman -> kirbykaze is a lineup im mostly familiar with and wouldve LOVED to try to get through. But I got stacked on by PP....crap...

maybe next time.
You should try my brackets =)

Like I said before anyway, if you can't beat everyone then you don't deserve to win as clearly shown a million times already. lol.

Top Bottom