• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Retire

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
If you really don't think the general level in the EU is easier than the US.. than.. you are delusional. I know it would be easier out there.
I never said anything about Europea being the US' equal, I merely said you wouldn't be winning tournaments here.. :redface:

You'd come back to beat me? That's how badly you dont want me to win? lol.
No, I was just kidding.

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
Amsah, fwiw you're still one of my favorite Sheiks of all the time, and I hope to see you on top again in the future.

And I feel like I've already said that but Kage in Europe would be awesome.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Maybe not but me winning when you compare both skill levels.. well I have a much higher chance.
Indeed, I'd say your chances are about twice as high to win a big European tournament compared to a big US one.. :redface:

Amsah, fwiw you're still one of my favorite Sheiks of all the time, and I hope to see you on top again in the future.
Thank you.. =]

pheX

Smash Apprentice
You shouldn't underestimate me, my losses in tournament were always vs top 10 players in the US.
You think you'd be able to win against Ice, Leffen, Over or Amsah? If I remeber correctly they have all beaten you except Leffen, which you did not play yet? Anyway it'd be great if you came over here.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You think you'd be able to win against Ice, Leffen, Over or Amsah? If I remeber correctly they have all beaten you except Leffen, which you did not play yet? Anyway it'd be great if you came over here.
Of course I can, it's not even a question.. they arent as strong as the top 5 players which means I should have equal chances to beat them. Even if I lost to them before, i did not lose by much while I get destroyed by the top guys. Look carefully at what's happening!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
So is this the new social thread or what's going on here?
Beating a dead horse at this point is useless, what else do you want to say about someone's retirement.. it's done.

Lovage... cmon.. lol. If Dajuan isn't a top player pretty much just as skilled as the top 5 or very close then.. umm.. idk what to say to that. I also want to add that.. I guess anything can happen, really. One day, I can beat the best in the world, the next I get owned.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I don't think he was banned.

I think you're confusing Cartilage0ne with Bones0.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Tbh I don't think Mango cares/likes it when people hail him as a god anymore, that was like 3-4 years ago and people grow up...

Imo regardless of whether or not Armada retires, he should show up at EVO 2013 to support the community and the game, as that's something that nobody forgets about after retiring (as shown by Ken)

:phone:

Osxcar

Smash Journeyman
Tbh I don't think Mango cares/likes it when people hail him as a god anymore, that was like 3-4 years ago and people grow up...

Imo regardless of whether or not Armada retires, he should show up at EVO 2013 to support the community and the game, as that's something that nobody forgets about after retiring (as shown by Ken)

You do realize that would cost him a ton of money without even being able to win it back? Sure others travel from europe to compete even without a chance to win any of it back but to say that he should for the community and the game is just selfish. If he wants to then yeah, it would help smash.

strawhats

Smash Master
I hope Amsah tries to go, he's aa legend in the Smash scene himself. Would be great to see him compete at EVO.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
i don't want him to burn himself out on PP doe when he could save that sweet glorious melee skill of the gods within himself and squirt it all over mango in the grand finals when it's pure and untainted, like white prowess dripping from his frail worldly form, getting into mango's natty beard, their in game battle a staggering counterbalance to the regular mortal visage that sits in the venue. crawl out of your human suits you titans of melee and ram your fists into each other until the loser is moaning in pain and showered in the money he has no claim to
****ing died in class reading this

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Mango, Hbox & Kage... Go 2 Europe

Wait... has Mango attended a tourney outside of the US... EVER?(I stopped following Melee 4 a while)

Ken is the only person to do well in his home turf then travel outside of the country to murk off until Armada did the same(2 my knowledge, someone please correct me).

PP tried and did really well only losing to Armada.
PP is basically on the PC Chris level of greatness right now.

Ken = Armada
PC Chris = Dr.PP
M2K = M2K

Get to cover, shots are being fired.
:sonic:

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
Captain Jack won tournaments in Japan and in Europe, and maybe in the US too, back in the days. I'm not so sure about the US though, but that would make him the only person to have won tournaments on 3 continents.

Also, Mango went to Australia at some point iirc. M2K too.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Mango won Impulse, a large Canadian event that had PP/HBox/M2K at it as well as all the Canadian big names.

Also yeah he went to Australia and ate some face there.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
The dungeon or something like that. Mang0 drinking and ****** them. wasn't the only match he lost there when he played kirby?

Popopidopop

Smash Cadet
If you were referring to joe's **** dungeon, where he drinks and beats up the Australian scene, (omg they had an awesome melee hack ) He probably didnt lose much.

But does that really count? Got to admitt I have no clue about their scene but judging from those 2 hours of fotage I would say they arent as good as Europe at all.

Besides what would him beating up Europe prove now when neither Leffen nor Armada will play him at Beast III?

But then again winning EVO will mean everything now.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking there'd be no point in Mango going if there's no Armada or Leffen, but I'd be down if there's a chance of a Joe's **** Dungeon (Euro Edition).

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Armada for the hype you brought me on stream by putting up a show.
Thanks Armada for the hype i got in our 3 sets at 3 different tournaments over the years.
Thanks Armada for staying classy even when losing matches.
Thanks Armada for putting up `that` face in our round 1 bracket match @ Berlin Calling. I never forget it. 1stock 62% battlefield. Its printed in my brain.

Thanks Armada for everything

Top Bottom