• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Retire

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
I think Mango would beat Armada in a 25 character battle

Armada has even said in an interview at Apex 2013 that he believes that a player should master one character and that using multiple characters will hold back your potential

Moooose

Smash Champion
armada has dominated for the last two years and no one can take that from him
congrats armada i hope you find a better use for your time and talent

Varist

Smash Lord
literally no one has explained who armada is since i asked
i guess he's an enigma
like scorpion master
but not as good

VoiD-

Smash Apprentice
thanks for posting le coolface, I had missed his intent

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Before anybody says slowpoke.jpeg to me, I must say the reason I picked up Peach was partially due to how brilliant Armada played. Sure, he may not be the absolute best in the world, but he's still a huge inspiration to myself.

Not sure why everyone's comparing him to Mango right now, since Armada only focuses with Peach and only Peach.

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
ITT: butthurt mangofanboys who still can't get over the fact that Armada is better than mango.

I think this thread could get closed soon...

:phone:

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Honestly, how can you not think Armada is the best right now, aside from blatant fanboyism? He's been undefeated several years in a row now and I think that's more than enough to prove he's the champion.

I'm not taking anything away from Mango, but if you truly think he is SO much better than Armada then he would've won Apex this year. There are no excuses, period. You can either continue to make excuses or accept reality like Armada did when he lost and make it to the top.

Laijin

Smash Hero
wtf is this thread. Who is Mango and why is everyone even talking about some random fruit. I like eating mangos too, but we shouldn't compare scrubs to the almighty King Armada. That is just disrespectful

MaNg0

Smash Hero
no one said armada isnt the champion

i just think its silly that hes only won 3 tourneys

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
no one said armada isnt the champion

i just think its silly that hes only won 3 tourneys
3 in the States, and countless ones in Europe if that.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
i won like 3-4 in my time

but i won tourneys in every region like once every month ROFL

travled to norcal etc

i went to everyones region and spanked there best players multiple times

PROVED i was the best

and i think my impulse win was more impressive then armadas recent apex win

i beat hbox m2k kevin twice

armada beat hbox and kevin twice

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Don't matter who you beat. All about that dinero.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I mean, people can beat people on an individual basis. You of all people should know it's a just a matter of who's more on that given day.

But Armada is the only person to win an annual National Tournament back-to-back. Your wins aren't anything to laugh at, but I'm just sayin'... Apex is declared to be the biggest Smash tournament event. Winning that event twice is a strong statement not because of who he beat, but because of his consistency.

You consistently beat Jason, but you loss to him at Apex. You couldn't hold that consistency even though it's clear that you have the winner record against him

michael_li

Smash Ace
you guys should settle everything with money matches. talk is nothing
thats how we do it in my region canada, BC. dont like somebodies opinon? money match bietchh

Shimesaba

Smash Apprentice
But Armada is the only person to win an annual National Tournament back-to-back. Your wins aren't anything to laugh at, but I'm just sayin'...
Are we not counting Pound anymore lol

Mango losing to M2K was sad though. If that match happens at EVO, I don't care how homosexual Mango has to play, I just don't want to see two majors in a row of Mango throwing away leads chasing M2K to the ledge ._.

Silva562

Smash Rookie
When was the last time Mango won a tourney in wich Armada was in ? Whos won more tourneys in wich they're both in ?
My top 4 are 1.Armada 2.Dr. Peepee 3.Mango 4. M2K

Divinokage

Smash Legend
If you really don't think the general level in the EU is easier than the US.. than.. you are delusional. I know it would be easier out there.

You'd come back to beat me? That's how badly you dont want me to win? lol.

john!

Smash Hero
the skill of high-level players in NA is definitely higher than europe's, how is this even a question? when has anyone other than armada accomplished anything significant in NA? javi and amsah come to mind, but they still got eliminated by NA players

Ballin

Smash Apprentice
Ok I'm gonna be completely honest here

my melee motivation right now, for the entire future, is based on this Evo thing

I think this is our best shot at being seriously recognized and growing MASSIVELY as a community

if this fails we're kind of ****ed in terms of growing

if it succeeds we're SET for like forever almost (100k people watching the stream will see how good melee is, just like at Evo East 2007)
Yeah, but just w/e happens, don't let Hbox play in GF.
That would seriously kill Melee.
... Not that I don't love watching that cute little puff BEAR.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Europe can't beat USA.
Canada can't beat USA.
Kage ∈ Canada

Sure you might get far, but win? Come on...

Ballin

Smash Apprentice
The reason people still think mango is the best now/of all time is because of how badly he ***** when he was on top.
Armada has always been having close sets with people and even losing to hbox's puff while using peach.
When Mango was on top, he crushed everyone. There was NO HOPE. With Armada, in the back of your mind, you still feel like there are chances that people could beat him... like the rest of the elite 4. but with mango, you might as well have put down your controller and let a lvl 9 cpu play for you. Same outcome son.

<3 Armada, but for real, #mango nation baby

Top Bottom