• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Respect My Shine: The Fox Boards Combo Video *read OP*

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Asdioh, you compressed it wrong then. That should only be like 10 megs. I have a bunch of 25 minute AVI's at like 170 megs

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I like H264, simply because those are my preferred export settings (and it really shouldn't be that big...). But WMV is very, very, very finicky.
1 : extremely or excessively particular, exacting, or meticulous in taste or standards <a finicky eater>
2 : requiring much care, precision, or attentive effort <a finicky recipe>

What exactly do you mean? x_x
Do you have trouble with it or something?

Asdioh, you compressed it wrong then. That should only be like 10 megs. I have a bunch of 25 minute AVI's at like 170 megs
Maybe. That old clip I mentioned was some Brawl clips taken from a video camera, which may be part of the cause. When I used to upload matches of mine from this camera, they were in quicktime format, and they were like 45MB per minute.

And right now I'm using WMV or 3GP since my computer is too crappy to handle MP4. They both look kinda fuzzy though, hopefully that isn't the case :/

Anybody happen to know how to upload something in HD? Most of what I upload has a high quality option, and it looks good I think, I was just wondering if you knew..

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
aight, so registration ends today. We know that we need to send our clips to toronto joe to make sure they are good combos. how are we doing this editing thing, i dont think we ever figured it out

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
once i get all the replays, im going to decide what i think should go in, send the replays to the recorders(each recorder will record only a select group i assign them to) and i suggest we all meet in the xat chat to discuss editing,because thats something you will have to decide http://xat.com/FLAMEDASH

You guys send your replays to me,if there good enough they get passed on to the recorders,once the recorder finishes recording the 1st person in their group,i will send them the next persons,and so on untill every group is done, now once the replays are captured, how will they be sent off? EDITORS PLZ GIMME INPUT

How recording will be divided up
GWJumpman will record:
Chesterr01(he neeeds his youtube video to be ripped so that the select part in the video can be used,can you do this?) use the link zhamy posted below to get his stuff
T.O Joe
Excel
Oreo

M@V will record:
RPK
Element_Demon
Rookie

Snowballbob ^^
Ruddy
Darkcharacters
RPK

Kheldar ^^
Samboner
NKB
Jenkins

Siyro(maybe)???
i need to know if you can record or not

Uzi ^^^
Zephil
Knux
Chaos Leader

Switch^^
Shinato
Ruddy
Iblis

I going to assume the recorders will record there own replays,tell me if im missing anyone =$

Ok so this is who you guys will be recording,just so you know when i send you their replays, recorders and people who need to be recorded please try and get me your wii codes soon

Would the editors prefer that they each edit 1 of these groups, or rather have all the videos gathered and work on it together?

Also, would it be best for the recorders to group together each person replays into one video and then have the editors take each clip from the big video? or would something else work better?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Which video needs to be ripped? Also, I have a javascript code that gets the video in the original quality rather than the youtube quality.

So, for those that I'm recording for, send them to Toronto Joe first so he can approve them. After that, he will handle getting them to recorders.

shinato91

Smash Apprentice
My code is 3995 6144 2841 I'm GIO, I'll try to get some last minute replays, what's the deadline to send you replays Toronto Joe? Oh, and Iblis is listed in two groups, switch and snowballbob
EDIT: holy %$#€ @ video

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I have a good quality video of myself where I pull off a pretty good combo against my Ike friend if you want it. It was a friendly, but it was still pretty **** sexy.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
guys please PM me your wii #s, and melo ill gladly accept ur replay and judge if it can go in, thanks for pointing out that error,iblis is a sneaky fellow

if any of you talk to moogle or zeton,ask them if they wanna be in this

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Star Fox 64 quotes are a must. And I'm not talking about barrel roll (unless you have a clip of Fox doing a barrel roll, resulting in favorable conditions)

I'm talking stuff like Fox pwning a bunch of characters, and then saying "There's only one more to go!" and it's like, Wolf. And then you pwn him too.

I love cheesy (epic?) stuff like that.

... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ5rlHAh2cY for anyone who's really bored.
the only part I really like is Falco starting at like 3:30. XD

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
good stuff melo could you get that part saved as a video or maybe Jumpman can you use that tool Zhamy showed ya and do it for him?

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
good stuff melo could you get that part saved as a video or maybe Jumpman can you use that tool Zhamy showed ya and do it for him?
Thanks, I just wish it could have been followed up better, haha. I honestly forgot I had no jump left :laugh:

Well, I don't have the video on my computer (can you save youtube videos?). I will see if Palpi can get me the video. Or maybe if he's not feeling lazy, he can get that section.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
HAy guys, just a reminder, my capture card status is up tp change so the sonner you guys get my stuff that more likely i can get it recorded.
But dont rush though.

(im still borrowing my friendds one and will have it for sure for a little bit longer but after that he might want it back randomly and i wont be albe to capture stuff till i buy my own.)

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
please avoid posting in here about things not relating to the combo video,bring that stuff up in social guys, xiivi/10

Uzi how much longer do you think you will be able to have it?

Zhamy

Smash Champion
please avoid posting in here about things not relating to the combo video,bring that stuff up in social guys, xiivi/10

Uzi how much longer do you think you will be able to have it?
No one pays attention otherwise; we love you, TJoe.

If any of the recorders are using Macs, you can use Quicktime to trim the clips, FYI.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
the feeling is mutual <3

Uzi try and hold him off for as long as possible, and record your stuff while you have it =]

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
OMFG!!!! NO YOU DIDN'T!!! THAT'S WHY YOU WERE SCARED TO DITTO ME AT BTYF!!! THAT'S WHY I HAVE RECORDINGS OF MY BEATING YOU ON WI-FI!!! WHAT NOW HUH?!?!?!

♥Rookie.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
lol i cant wait until you guys finish this video it's gonna be the best fox video in the world (im being serious too)

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
OMFG!!!! NO YOU DIDN'T!!! THAT'S WHY YOU WERE SCARED TO DITTO ME AT BTYF!!! THAT'S WHY I HAVE RECORDINGS OF MY BEATING YOU ON WI-FI!!! WHAT NOW HUH?!?!?!

♥Rookie.
Damm...... burned.......

lol i cant wait until you guys finish this video it's gonna be the best fox video in the world (im being serious too)
Definitly dude

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'll cut out the combo of your clip if you want. I get home in about 5 hours, so about 6 or 7 hours from now, it SHOULD be done.

Top Bottom