• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Respect My Shine: The Fox Boards Combo Video *read OP*

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
ok so its been discussed,and its time for it to happen,cause we pwn too much....whos up to contribute either with replays,recording,editing or w.e else you can lend a hand with

REGISTRATION IS OVER, RECORDINGS MUST BE EMAILED TO ME BY AUGUST 1ST

so far these people are on board:
T.O Joe
Uzi
Gotham7(moral support)
Zhamy(LOLNO)
Excel
Chesterr01
Ruddy
Iblis
Samboner
NKB
Zephil
Shinato
Rookie
Element_Demon
Snowballbob
Kheldar
GWJumpman
Jenkins
M@V
RPK
Darkcharacters
Oreo
Knux
Switch?
Chaos Leader
Jenkins
Zeton
Guy who wants me to keep it a secret lol
DarkAura
A6M
Light

Artwork:
Ruddy

Editors:
M@V
Bob
Kheldar?
Zhamy (it doesn't have to be in .avi; it's just preferred. (.mov or .mp4 will also work; just try not to give me .wmv files.)
Shin
Uzi
Switch

People who are recording:
GWJumpman
Snowballbob
Kheldar
Siyro(maybe)
M@V
Uzi
Switch

songs
INTRO:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMFsW...eature=related
Credits:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33zp6YqmK-E
Song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ire1zfgGm1U minus ending
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flr8V-CeXM0

Like Ruddy said, we expect some original and fly stuff from you guys, lets show people that fox isnt just dair utilt usmash, we got this =D!

Issues that need to be resolved:

should we make the video longer then 10mins
okay so I came up with an idea for songs and a video style, I dont know how it will work, feel free to improve upon the idea if you want.

I was thinking of making it kinda like you are watching TV but channel surfing, so each clip has its own player attached to it, and we have like the name of the player where the channle goes, or something of the sort. Only "problem" I see is the transitions may get stale, that may not be the case though,

What do you guys think?
Would the editors prefer that they each edit 1 of these groups, or rather have all the videos gathered and work on it together?

Also, would it be best for the recorders to group together each person replays into one video and then have the editors take each clip from the big video? or would something else work better?

i suggest we all meet in the xat chat to discuss editing,because thats something you will have to decide http://xat.com/FLAMEDASH

You guys send your recorded stuff to me,if there good enough they get passed on to the editors

IT IS UP TO YOU GUYS TO GET YOUR STUFF RECORDED
everyone just send me the clips you have recorded it is now up to you guys to get your stuff recorded, theres a good deal of fox players who can do this for you so find a friend or get in contact with one of those guys

once i see all the recorded stuff ill decide what should go in, and give it to the editors....sound good?
I going to assume the recorders will record there own replays,tell me if im missing anyone =$

Last edited:

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
I'll defiantly invest replays and try my best to capture replays for people as long as I can.

(im borrowing my friends capture card and he might want it back soon :p)

How are we gonna do this, just as a huge hodgpodge of fox replays with the player name over them, or more like segmented, that each person gets their best stuff for a small 2-3 minute segment?

Gotham7

Smash Apprentice
I think Judas Priest music would be pretty cool, or maybe a mix of rock, and rap.

Maybe it should just be decided after we put footage together.

Also, we should wait for after APEX since it's so close and there should be tons more footage to work with. We should figure out a cool intro to transition into the gameplay

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
ofcourse, this is in no way something i see being finished in the near future, were just laying everything out and seeing who is willing to help out, were in no rush here

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Starfox music? eh, I've heard waay too much star fox music, I mean brawl corneria remix was great, but honestly, after the 50th time I heard it on a youtube video, it got old. Its possible to have good starfox music, but I don't see it happening. I might be able to contribute some replays, but I'll need someone else to capture them. We need neutral music, nothing that some people will hate. I like almost every type of music, but I know some people absolutely hate ****, heavy metal, etc. We should definately not put in any music that is not favored upon by large populations. Also there better not be any laughable combos where people just dash to up tilt to something cheesy and ridiculously easy to DI out of. I swear almost every fox combo video I've seen on youtube is trashy and unrealistic. (lol I just watched like 5 random fox combo videos) I get the feeling they're comboing cpus. I watch other character combo vids and I'm like, how come there are no good fox combo vids. Ok so I've seen a couple good combos/setups in the vids. But few. This video should be a compilation of those few times when fox players actually shine(no pun intended), against good opponents, not against some random scrub who places in the 20s at local tournaments.

Edit:
I'm not trying to sound bossy or in charge or anything (cuz I doubt anybody even knows me anyway), but there shouldn't be any wifi footage in this thing. We need the cream of the crop. Wifi combos are just plain stupid 10 to 1 there is no way that the stuff that happens on wifi would ever happen offline. I'm not saying good wifi players aren't good at offline, but honestly, its a whole nother game.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
thanks will do!

Starfox music? eh, I've heard waay too much star fox music, I mean brawl corneria remix was great, but honestly, after the 50th time I heard it on a youtube video, it got old. Its possible to have good starfox music, but I don't see it happening. I might be able to contribute some replays, but I'll need someone else to capture them. We need neutral music, nothing that some people will hate. I like almost every type of music, but I know some people absolutely hate ****, heavy metal, etc. We should definately not put in any music that is not favored upon by large populations. Also there better not be any laughable combos where people just dash to up tilt to something cheesy and ridiculously easy to DI out of. I swear almost every fox combo video I've seen on youtube is trashy and unrealistic. (lol I just watched like 5 random fox combo videos) I get the feeling they're comboing cpus. I watch other character combo vids and I'm like, how come there are no good fox combo vids. Ok so I've seen a couple good combos/setups in the vids. But few. This video should be a compilation of those few times when fox players actually shine(no pun intended), against good opponents, not against some random scrub who places in the 20s at local tournaments.

Edit:
I'm not trying to sound bossy or in charge or anything (cuz I doubt anybody even knows me anyway), but there shouldn't be any wifi footage in this thing. We need the cream of the crop. Wifi combos are just plain stupid 10 to 1 there is no way that the stuff that happens on wifi would ever happen offline. I'm not saying good wifi players aren't good at offline, but honestly, its a whole nother game.
ill take what you said into account, we know who you are! your that guy who ***** sudai! xD........i think wifi footage should be allowed because its hard to get recorded irl some times,especially for when your ******, but if we do allow wifi footage ill make sure to approve of a something before it gets put in...if we dont allow for wifi footage then samboner would get cut out and hes pretty much the guy we need to attact attention to this

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
I for one would really like some of the really good fox techno remix's in this.

especially since its supposed to represent the pinical of Fox play.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
If anybody has a replay they need recorded, send me a PM, or reply here, I can record.

Zephil

Smash Ace
in 1 or 2 weeks I may have some sweet fights recorded so if you want I can post them when I have them if you want

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
I may or may not contribute to this, i'll be recording some stuff soon, I'll let you guys decide
Ok keep up the good work, Ive seen some of your matches and i definitely think you'll be able to get in this =] do you think you would be able to record others replays also?

I'd definitely be willing to contribute.
Great =]

in 1 or 2 weeks I may have some sweet fights recorded so if you want I can post them when I have them if you want
Sure thing man

Im going to ask an old friend if he can do editing for us because he's the **** :laugh: but we still need some people to record, cant expect Jumpman to do it all <3

shinato91

Smash Apprentice
I have some nice replays and I can get some more next thursday, I'm not be the best player but there are some nice moments, I can't record anything except with my video camera and it doesn't look very good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfJCkcFUBvA <----That's the best quality I can get, oh and btw I still suck in that video but it was 7 months ago

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I don't think that should be put in, but if you guys saw something cool in there, I'll record it for him.

Shök

Smash Champion
I was once worked on a combo video project just like this.

Ah, nostalgic. . .

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
OK im in on this.
I can do recording. This is a video I made for my online clan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmFUonXITwo
This is my own personal fox video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8a_vMxL-Tw
You all know I dont make vids with crappy 2 hit combos, i like 0>death, good length strings, or something to just make u go DDAAAAAAM.
So yea, if you want me to do the editing than I'm up for it.

Ideas for the actual vid:
I really dont care what type of music. Just no cheesy music. That may or may not include star fox songs.
As for the intro, we could either do something from a show or game clip, but nothing corny or overdone, maybe something about smashboards or fox, or an epic clip.
For the title, we could do a play on words like "Mozilla 4.0 a FireFOX" combo vid, maybe something about fox tier or spammy playstyle, or something simple just sayin we made it.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
i was thinking of naming it that aint falco or "the tier list is a lie", but yeah no idea whatll be called:ohwell:

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Call it "Zhamy sucks because he doesn't give us any footage of him playing."

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
i have something in mind for you Zhamy to be in this, it involves a picture of an old man not approving xD

come to the fox chat btw ^_^

Gotham7

Smash Apprentice
I'll try to get a recording of me, hopefully at APEX they'll have recorders

shinato91

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that should be put in, but if you guys saw something cool in there, I'll record it for him.
No, I know there is nothing worthy in that video, it was just an example of the quality, I know it sucks, I'll upload some videos later this week and if there is something good enough I'll send you the replays, you guys will decide

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
once registration is done im splitting up the recorders to take care of specific players

HURRY UP AND CONFIRM YOURSELF FOR THIS BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
No, I know there is nothing worthy in that video, it was just an example of the quality, I know it sucks, I'll upload some videos later this week and if there is something good enough I'll send you the replays, you guys will decide
Oh, ok. My bad.

And even though I'm not a full Fox main, I will contribute clips of myself too.

As for the intro, I think we should have a completely **** 0% to death on an MK with the One-winged angel music from Final Fantasy VII

Jenkins

Smash Lord
i want to be a part of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but i dont have my wii....... T.T

you should have a whole section on sexy pivot grabs.

Top Bottom