• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Respect My Shine: The Fox Boards Combo Video *read OP*

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
you toronto joe, you forgot to have me down as a recorder, I've ben recording stuff like crazy already :p
(its jusat idk how much longer i'll have it so just get the stuff to me soon)

as for editing, idk how good I am but I do have vegas 8 and am willing to do what I can on this.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Orrrr Vegas.

I can record/edit as well if needed.
I don't like Vegas as much; it's rather limiting compared to Premiere/Final Cut. And I don't like Premiere as much; it sucks up memory like a hog.

Also, go away Switch, we don't want you here anymore. Go play Falco or something. :(

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty good at Premiere, but I don't have the program on my new computer and anyway I don't have any recording equipment so I don't think I can help too much with the video editing. But, I'm a pretty good graphics designer and maybe if there was like a title slide or something I could do that. Idk, just brainstorming things I could do.

Here is an example of some of my work. The entire banner was made from scratch, including the leaf, I swear I could spend 2 hrs talking about how I made the leaf, it was hard lol.

No way I'm going to completely model/create a fox for you guys though, that would take forever with only photoshop. Maybe if I had Maya or something. I could render a fox though if someone sent me a brawl pic. So if you get any pictures of a cool lookin fox, upload it to the internet and send it my way, I can render pretty well.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
maybe you could create cool name banners for each of the players to be introduced to the video? im not sure how images can be used in these editing programs so as long as its possible ill be glad to have you contribute some of your designs ruddy

edit: by the way guys we still have a bunch of issues that need to be taken care,hopefully before the 5th we'll have settled everything

Zhamy

Smash Champion
No way I'm going to completely model/create a fox for you guys though, that would take forever with only photoshop. Maybe if I had Maya or something. I could render a fox though if someone sent me a brawl pic. So if you get any pictures of a cool lookin fox, upload it to the internet and send it my way, I can render pretty well.
Ever used Blender? It's pretty freaking amazing.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I'm pretty good at hunting-down good music that won't get anyone into copyright troubles. So I'd be more than happy to contribute my services as a music-hunter.

...and I've actually already used the final suggestion you have up there in a vid, there are better mixes out there.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Maybe with the same template? Just changing the names
I like this idea. I'd have to know size specifications and whatnot though, and what exactly you guys want. I'm thinking some kind of a design that sort've fades out from a core into the periphery, rather than one cool looking blocky rectangle.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
I like this idea. I'd have to know size specifications and whatnot though, and what exactly you guys want. I'm thinking some kind of a design that sort've fades out from a core into the periphery, rather than one cool looking blocky rectangle.
Dude that sounds so awesome.

So youd be willing to do this?

If so you get mad props and respect for it ^^

§witch

Smash Lord
I don't like Vegas as much; it's rather limiting compared to Premiere/Final Cut. And I don't like Premiere as much; it sucks up memory like a hog.

Also, go away Switch, we don't want you here anymore. Go play Falco or something. :(
:'(

I don't even main falco anymore, he's too boring. I have an awesome clip of me doin a OoS usmash through dancing blade, for the kill too : D

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
everyone who is in this and needs their replays recorded leave me a shout either on aib or this with your wii code mine is in my profile. THIS DOES NOT MEAN REPLAYS ARE DUE i just want to have everyone added in advance

If you do have clips already decided,make sure you tell me which part of the replay to look at to judge if its good enough for the video.

Thanks

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Sorry I wasn't active for a bit. I was at Drumline finals in wildwood, NJ. I'm back and ready to help again.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
lol i asked my friend dawei to come up with a name for our video and he said "we told you our matchup thread isn't bull****"

haha too good

M@v

Subarashii!
lol i asked my friend dawei to come up with a name for our video and he said "we told you our matchup thread isn't bull****"

haha too good
It isn't bull****, but out of date ;_;. (I blame me for this). This my finals week, so I will have plenty of time to fix it next week ^_^, as well as be more active in general.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
It isn't bull****, but out of date ;_;. (I blame me for this). This my finals week, so I will have plenty of time to fix it next week ^_^, as well as be more active in general.
Seems like you've been "in finals" for 2 months now.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Titles huh?
How about "The one eyed Wonder Weasel and his two balls"
Either that or "STFU Meta Knight, give us our tier position back!"

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I came in here because I randomly saw it on the character board, and I was hoping it would be finished, but I guess you guys are in the process...

I'm actually also in the process of making a video...the Kirby boards combo video. We're not as organized as you guys seem to be, and not many people seem to want to help me get clips T_T
ideas for the intro?
fox getting chaingrabbed by pika,inf by ZSS,and ftilted by sheik for lulz? then have someone ****** each character like "WHAT NOW SON" xD
Sounds good. I have something similar planned for the Kirby one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvhSempNn6Q
It's supposed to be lighthearted and humorous and stuff. That's kind of a "beta" intro, but I'm most likely keeping it.

I'd offer to help you guys with editing, but it looks like you have more than enough hands.
I'd offer clips of my Fox, but none exist >_>
ending?
i see flamedash and lots of it being here
Hells yes, Flamedashing is broken!
Issues that need to be resolved:
should we use starfox music?
what should name this?
who is editing? and if there are multiple editors, how will work be divided?
should we make the video longer then 10mins

Ideas for title:
Firefox 4.0 1 vote
The tier list is lie 2 votes
l2flamedash 3 votes
and you thought falco had happy feet 1 vote
Considering that Star Fox music rocks, sounds like a good idea to me :]

I dunno if my vote counts, but I will say that l2flamedash is more lulzy of a title than the others :o

And yes I do play Fox a lot, he's so much fun and he's one of my top 5 characters. I just haven't had access to a Wii much since like January, and I don't really come to the Fox boards :/

edit: ok I just read through the thread. I must say that TorontoJoe and some of you guys have good tastes in music. But beware Teh Copyrights...if you put a Disturbed song in there, it will most likely be taken down very quickly. Same for some of the other big name bands. That's why it's safer to go with foreign music and stuff...I don't think OCRemix minds if you use their music. They befriended me on youtube, so I sent them a message asking if I could, but they never responded :[

and here's a Melee "Corneria combo video" with that Barrel Roll remix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lRmWZh6Gao

Zhamy

Smash Champion
GWJumpman
Snowballbob
Kheldar
Siyro(maybe)
M@V
Uzi
Switch
Also, for me, it doesn't have to be in .avi; it's just preferred. (.mov or .mp4 will also work; just try not to give me .wmv files.)

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Also, for me, it doesn't have to be in .avi; it's just preferred. (.mov or .mp4 will also work; just try not to give me .wmv files.)
alright im computer stupid. im talking wii to wii here, if that works.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm doing WMV for mine, because AVI is ungodly huge :/

I tried it before. It was like 80 MB for something like a 30 second video.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I'm doing WMV for mine, because AVI is ungodly huge :/

I tried it before. It was like 80 MB for something like a 30 second video.
I like H264, simply because those are my preferred export settings (and it really shouldn't be that big...). But WMV is very, very, very finicky.

Top Bottom