• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resident Evil 5

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
True, using Ada through the whole game was cool. :]
Not the whole game, just key points of the game. Personally, I think mercenaries was the best extra content in the game. Using Wesker felt godly.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I almost lost my mind when I saw the E3 video and there was no strafe. Only then did I realise the guy playing just sucked and there really was. But I couldn't believe that they would think about making a game where you couldn't go backwards or where you had to completely stop and turn to go sideways. I was about to get really pissed off.

I had to double check my facts with this one.

I hope it's co-op. There's no reason for a non-co-op game now-a-days. It's just stupid. Like Killzone. WTF was that about?! They have to make a patch in order to have it? Rediculous.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I almost lost my mind when I saw the E3 video and there was no strafe. Only then did I realise the guy playing just sucked and there really was. But I couldn't believe that they would think about making a game where you couldn't go backwards or where you had to completely stop and turn to go sideways. I was about to get really pissed off.

I had to double check my facts with this one.

I hope it's co-op. There's no reason for a non-co-op game now-a-days. It's just stupid. Like Killzone. WTF was that about?! They have to make a patch in order to have it? Rediculous.
You can strafe in this game? I thought the controls were similar to RE4's?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Just so everybody knows, the entire game was streamed and recorded, its all over youtube. so please do not open AND re5 vids on youtube. it may spoil everything for you.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I played the free demo on my PS3 and it doesn't do it for me. Though I've never been a fan of RE series. This just seems like more of the same.
Things I don't like are:
1.) Aiming, it's slow
2.) Glitchy AI, they will SPRINT at you, then tip toe the rest of the way...
3.) The realism is non-existent, just spray the "herb" and you are good to go.
4.) Partner helps less than she should.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
So... L4D is better? :p

Yeah, but my view of "I played the demo" is it's just that... The Demo. I've been around enough video games to know that yeah, the demo should give you an idea of how the game should play... It's only supposed to give you an IDEA. The Bioshock demo didn't do the game justice. I found the demo to be laggy and not as interesting as the actual game, but then again, the demo didn't have the story with it either. Granted, though, the demo ideal's gone both ways for me. :p

But I did notice with some vids that the aiming did seem a bit slow. If they have co-op, which I haven't been able to find anything on, then the partner shouldn't be a problem unless you have no friends.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
But I did notice with some vids that the aiming did seem a bit slow. If they have co-op, which I haven't been able to find anything on, then the partner shouldn't be a problem unless you have no friends.
You can increase the aim sensitivity to make the aiming reticule move faster (at least you could in the demo). On fastest it's pretty good.

And yes it's co-op, both online and offline splitscreen.

The.End

Smash Cadet
You can increase the aim sensitivity to make the aiming reticule move faster (at least you could in the demo). On fastest it's pretty good.

And yes it's co-op, both online and offline splitscreen.
And good to know that it finally came out in Japan today O:
Yea aim sensitivity can be changed (you could do it in the demo as well) Did anyone notice that playing as Sheva means that it takes longer to push bookshelves and such, while chris has an easy time doing it o.o I think that's the only different between playing both these characters, are there any other?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Me and my cousin got close to world records on speed runs in RE4, so I'm excited to see about RE5.

Xyro77

well i saw ALOT of the stream and vids and stuff. From what i can tell. There WILL be a RE6.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
Oh jeez, I almost watched a MASSIVE spoiler vid. Thank god I closed out of it in time.

So is co-op confirmed for mercenaries? I've been trying to avoid looking things up to avoid spoilers.

Ugh. Could March 13th come any slower? :(

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Who else is feeling slightly rediculous at the whole "re5 is racist" bs?

Do you really think that zombies are going to pick and choose who their victims are when it comes to tala domination? No! They are eating machines. I couldn't believe some of the stuff people are saying about the "racism" in re5.

Thoughts anyone?

duals

Smash Journeyman
Who else is feeling slightly rediculous at the whole "re5 is racist" bs?

Do you really think that zombies are going to pick and choose who their victims are when it comes to tala domination? No! They are eating machines. I couldn't believe some of the stuff people are saying about the "racism" in re5.

Thoughts anyone?
if zombies were real..then that would be the case...but this is a game...made by humans who choose what goes into the game....so when these "people' choose a certain white man to shoot africans in Africans.... you don't see how that can raise an issue?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
And to top it all off, this game was made by Japanese people. >_>

People who get racism from this game are overly melodramatic about it.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Who did they kill for the first four, including the two or three extra non-numbered ones. What about all the movies? If you're going to find racism, what about any game set in vietnam or any game set anywhere other than America? What about "Blood on the Sand"? Which everyone is -raving- about. If you're going to pull it for one game, why don't you pull it for the others that all do the same thing.

Isn't the point of RE to create the idea of a total zombie takeover?

comboking

Smash Master
if zombies were real..then that would be the case...but this is a game...made by humans who choose what goes into the game....so when these "people' choose a certain white man to shoot africans in Africans.... you don't see how that can raise an issue?
So in a videogame an african can come and kill american and we do not call it racist

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I just ignore all of this "racism" crap.

No-one complained about the previous games when you had to kill white zombies!

=/

Oh jeez, I almost watched a MASSIVE spoiler vid. Thank god I closed out of it in time.

So is co-op confirmed for mercenaries? I've been trying to avoid looking things up to avoid spoilers.

Ugh. Could March 13th come any slower? :(
We don't know yet. If you ask me, I see no reason why they shouldn't make the "mercenaries" mode co-op.

Friday is the day!!! Too bad it's $70 where I live...

Ladybug

Smash Lord
We don't know yet. If you ask me, I see no reason why they shouldn't make the "mercenaries" mode co-op.

Friday is the day!!! Too bad it's $70 where I live...
Specially since the st of the game is co-op.

And 70 bucks?! WTF? That's insane.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
The racism thing is a joke.

Wait, it's not racist, because it was made by Japan? What the hell?
I think Japanese are more Xenophobic than most people so that would only make it worse. When's the last time you saw a black guy in Japan?

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
OK For the Record...

RE is not racist, people with too much free time and need to be loud with something that doesn't concern are. It wasn't built to be racist at but instead Capcom decided to take a new stance on horror since for a decent duration your actually in broad daylight instead of dark...murky...ur...dark areas. The lighting effects will enhance the experience for the player.

Oh and if you feel that you shouldn't shoot the enemies try talking to them...It'll do everyone better if you don't get to complain more.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
No, if you're informed about the game. RE 5 is set in Africa because it's relevant to the story. Maybe if they chose Africa for no reason or if EVERY enemy in the game was black there would be an issue, but this isn't the case.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Oh and if you feel that you shouldn't shoot the enemies try talking to them...It'll do everyone better if you don't get to complain more.
Hahaha, sadly enough I was like "Wait... you can't talk to zombies." And then I was like "Oh duh! You CAN'T talk to zombies. Hahaha." Sorry, blond moment. :psycho:

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Interesting idea for RE but I wonder exactly how versus would really work out...

I'm trying to picture it in my head but it just seems so...weird...unless...*gasp*

YOU DO A 4-MAN HUNK SQUAD IN A MERCENARIES PLACE WHERE THE ENEMIES ARE MORE NUMEROUS AND ITEMS ARE LIMITED...actually that would sound kinda interested to be honest or having to transport a person or item to a spot while defending against alot of enemies...

Xyro77

HERE IS A SPOILER about last boss battle

wesker dies in this game. im kinda sad to know about this

So do not highlight that black box if u dont wanna spoil the whole game ending.

Top Bottom