• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Random Thoughts That Might Help (#5 up)

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I check once a week for this thread alone Junk. Just for your thread.

Why ya gotta disappoint me every week junk? Why? D=

Looking forward to the next lesson.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I still love you Junk. <3

Heard of you far before I faced you in tourney. Still feel bad about going Meta, a Marth ditto would have been so much more epic.

(why didn't you grab release gay me?)

*also can't wait for the next lesson*

~ Havokk

KRiMz0N

Smash Journeyman
my feet are draggin down on this dusty old road
just friendlies huh

alright next time i'm going to ****ing listen to music and lol and stuff next time i play friendlies at a tourny, which will be on saturday

unless it's with peachkid, then my controller will go through the tv if i lose

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
fear chances are you already have your own style. styles are something that come natural to you. all that you need now is to just get better to expand the style

feardragon64

Smash Champion
fear chances are you already have your own style. styles are something that come natural to you. all that you need now is to just get better to expand the style
Ya I know. I'd love to do that but I'm stuck without my wii for another month. All I can do is play ffa matches on rumble falls with scrubs until I'm back in norcal. But ya, I get what you're saying. Thanks steel.

And for the record, that stage is great for practicing platform tricks under pressure when you're bored or playing against scrubs.

htfu junk seriously
Why has one of my "mentors" a Smash n00b? It's somewhat distressing.

Junk DGH

Smash Apprentice
i was hitting on a girl working in the library

then after like 2 minutes i realized it was the girl i was with for halloween

FML

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I hope I can improve as fast as you did. But if not, this'll still help! I also like your other guide, "How to get Way Better with Marth". You're clearly a fantastic Marth!

∫unk

Smash Master
yeah sorry there's no updates... but i've hit a wall with marth which i really want to cross before i write more

right now i'm having trouble with good camping and any level of metaknight haha

De4th-4ng3l

Smash Rookie
This my seem repetitive, but this guide is awesome,I used to spam fsmash so many times and got killed for it. I know not to do that now due to this guide.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
This is indeed a good guide, Like Junk, I'm also at the wall where good camping seems to be a problem for me. I'll definitely keep trying to improve my game against it though.

∫unk

Smash Master
so i am guaranteeing an update tomorrow... why? because i have lesson #4 about 95% done. i was supposed to have it done tonight but then a homeless man came into the library and chaos ensued.

and #5 should be out shortly after since im inspired to write for some reason.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Lmao @ the baiting part.

Good stuff junk, you got my cookin up some new ideas already.

Today (before reading this mind u) i faced my friends wolf with marth and it was funny because i made him think shielding at the edge was safe by planking and swiping his shield with a few fairs until he backed up a bit to where he could shield my options out of a ledge jump. After doing this a few times i just popped him with a ledge hop SB and broke his shield, TWICE!!! I also did some conditioning by semi-spamming dancing blade on him and suddenly i did a full DB and he sheilded it then i just hit him with SB again lol. (his words: "how did u break my shield? it was a FULL SHIELD!") Apparently ppl dont realize that dancing blade chips away a significant amount of shield allowing for an easy sheildbreak. That being said i made this work on a very good opponent thus proof that conditioning works.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Finally, and I thought I was the slacker =P Good job man, really good, I can't wait for the baiting part.

Junk DGH

Smash Apprentice
nah sin is my last tourney this weekend so ill finish the last lesson before then. im going all marth in singles.

legion598

Smash Ace
something I started using recently is if u notice ur opponent charging a smash for whatever reason or maybe u just know that their spacing for a kill move u just time it so that ur Fsmash goes through their smash and tips because when their spacing it they are vulnerable unless its someone like DK with huge range on their smashes I find this very helpful against G$W, wolf and some others

now for a question, does marths Fsmash out range snakes stupid tilts? specifically Utilt and the second hit of Ftilt.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
utilt yes it does

ftilt....... eh
if both moves r done at the same time snakes ftilt and marths fsmash will collide and cancel

JCav

Smash Lord
that was a great read, i dont even play marth and i appreciate the content of this thread...

Top Bottom