• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R***.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1000

Smash Journeyman
A reasoned justification for the "****" analogy. No one wants to get comboed, in fact with DI and teching a player literally tries, fighting with the utmost of their ability to stop the opponent from FORCING their will on you! Getting comboed is a pretty apt **** metaphor, really.

vZakat

Half Genie
And yet in your signature is someone defending the competitive term gay, lol.

while i am clearly fine with using that term, I can't help feel that your post and your signature kind of clash a bit.
huh, you actually have a good point. I had that sig before because it was a quick and easy way to express a deep aspect of competitive gaming. In all honesty, I haven't payed much attention to it in quite a while. A new sig is in order I suppose. :laugh:

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
down here in NM some of us are starting to use the terms "get stuffed" "you got stuffed"

several of us even state the terms in iconic accents ex arnold accent

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
**** isn't really used often in Brawl. I think its very common in Melee cause Melee grew along with Halo 2 in 2005/2006 and in Halo 2 the word **** is overused to the point that the league (MLG) banned the use of the word and you can even get DQ'd/thrown out for saying it (to much).
This pretty much is true, and wow I didn't know you could get disqualified or kicked out from an MLG event, that must be harsh, but yes a good alternative would be for the best.

personally I like to either use OWN, or PWN!, but that's just me.

Zunari

Smash Apprentice
The term '****' is completely fine and I see no problem with it at all.
People use the word 'gay' to describe something which is lame, surely that would be offensive to a lot more people than **** is.
And if people are wondering what the other communities will think of it, encouraging a censor on the word is going to make the smash community appear more childish and we'll be taken even less seriously.

HoN3Y64

Smash Apprentice
The term '****' is completely fine and I see no problem with it at all.
People use the word 'gay' to describe something which is lame, surely that would be offensive to a lot more people than **** is.
And if people are wondering what the other communities will think of it, encouraging a censor on the word is going to make the smash community appear more childish and we'll be taken even less seriously.
/thread
10/thread

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
**** isn't really used often in Brawl. I think its very common in Melee cause Melee grew along with Halo 2 in 2005/2006 and in Halo 2 the word **** is overused to the point that the league (MLG) banned the use of the word and you can even get DQ'd/thrown out for saying it (to much).

Ultimately the word is just another sign of what a male dominated field competitive video games are. My GF hates the word so I've pretty much stopped using it/try my best not to. We do need an alternative.
i still say **** when i play brawl, but that might be b/c i use to play melee (don't remember if i use to say it in my melee days. Anyway now i say it for most video games i play against people (family feud for the snes get *****)

although most **** is done by a male to a female it is not unheard of for a female to **** a male, so even through u could argue its not right b/c it shows male dominance in this field u could also just say its a universal thing.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
raperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperape

No johns to the people who hate the word. Get involved with some other community.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
"wrecked" "destroyed" "wrecked thier day" "Ruined thier day"

Terms that are there already. Borrow from the Marvel community. "Blue like cotton candy" "Pringles" "R. Kelly'd" "violated" (LOL)

There are plenty of alternatives that are out there.

Oracle

Smash Master
saying "****" isn't a big deal, just like calling something "gay" isn't a big deal. It's just a word. If it doesn't have the normal meaning behind it, it shouldn't be censored.

MANGO HAD NON-CONSENSUAL INTERCOURSE WITH HUNGRYBOX AT POUND 4

It's just not the same

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Theres one guy in my crew who relates everything to his ****, in and out of smash. it's really creepy but at least it's not ****... right?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
but you know what phrase the smash community uses that i DO like?

getting off.

LOL

'getting off' *****
I agree. Also, lol.

I dunno. I use **** a lot outside of smash now. I don't know if its a good or bad thing. ><

I like the suggest about using molest as an alternative. Or maybe, "Get sexually harassed" to be more politically correct.

Renth

Smash Hero
LOL I play call of duty and you don't hear **** you hear **** YOU STUPID SCRUB YOU SUCK *** I ****ED YOUR MOTHER (and about 200 more mother jokes) and I"LL KICK YOUR *** IN REAL LIFE HAHAAHA

holypho

Smash Apprentice
LOL I play call of duty and you don't hear **** you hear **** YOU STUPID SCRUB YOU SUCK *** I ****ED YOUR MOTHER (and about 200 more mother jokes) and I"LL KICK YOUR *** IN REAL LIFE HAHAAHA

CoD environment is very friendly ^^ get that out of here!

Zodiac

Smash Master
lol yeah, we def need an alternative so that Alpha Zealot can say **** in front of his GF.

i think it would be sexist to make the effort not to say **** for the sake of women cause it puts them on an unequal level, denying that they are also capable of equally unpleasant non-consented sex. Lil' Wayne got *****. it def happens.

Huh thats weird, I make the effort not to out of respect for them (my friends) , I dont see how it would be sexist to make the effort not to. But that aside we DO need another phrase, when I first heard it I was like "Do they really say that?" I was even kinda shocked.

I've been trying to make the switch to wrecked or owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom