• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Smash64 came out. That was the start of a saga.
Melee came out and the creation of competitive smash was taken to new heights.
Brawl came out and killed a great saga.

Smash4.... will it renew the hopes melee once had, or will it too finish off whatever competitive gaming existed.

Smash4.... will it renew the hopes melee once had, or will it too finish off whatever competitive gaming existed.
Brawl did not kill the saga. You guys should stop looking at the negatives of the game. All the other websites and most people think Brawl was great. It did nothing to kill the series.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama

>implies that smash was made intentionally competitive as made by the creators

Yeah, except what ultimately carried smash as a competitive game wasn't the build, it was the community, that's why Brawl isn't dead (yet).

btw, where can I find this "death of Brawl"? I want front row seats :p
jk

It just feels like hype for smash stagnated is all.
How many of you feel it is harder to get excited about watching someone play brawl compared to melee? How about your winner/loser/grand finals? Does anyone ever really pay attention to them or are most other people playing friendlies.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It just feels like hype for smash stagnated is all.
How many of you feel it is harder to get excited about watching someone play brawl compared to melee? How about your winner/loser/grand finals? Does anyone ever really pay attention to them or are most other people playing friendlies.
Oregon may be bad, but we go hype for some pretty good stuff, I think the mentality/spirit of our community is what's keeping this game really healthy in our area lol.

>implies that smash was made intentionally competitive as made by the creators

Yeah, except what ultimately carried smash as a competitive game wasn't the build, it was the community, that's why Brawl isn't dead (yet).

btw, where can I find this "death of Brawl"? I want front row seats :p
jk
This is what I meant.

Smash isn't only meant for the competitive (Even though we're the ones devoted enough to find all those glitches and techs).

Oh my, your icon is full of win.

Reason of why I am starting to dislike this game at competitive level:
The people's mentality, Mk dittos, smashboards and Allisblog.
-I shall always prevent myself from playing Meta Knight if only for the reason I love explosions, laser, and needles more :D
-Not sure about the mentality, but I know I am not exactly the most enthusiastic person when it comes to playing. I know others show it, but I mainly keep it to myself. So, I am always glad when people take the hype for me to make it more enjoyable.
-Smashboards is genuinely useless for many things. The only good things are tournament, social threads, and the occasional bit of information you gleam. Like, I always thought you could tech Wolf's Dsmash, but I never bothered to test it out until like just an hour ago lol Still has a disadvantage doing it though.
-Allisbrawl is a joke and useful for only finding people for wifi battles. Other than that, I see no reason to go there. Brightside, it keeps the spam away from here.
If anything, my drive is becoming stronger and stronger. :l
I'm enjoying melee a bit more than brawl, but I still like playing both. It is nice to play both depending upon the mood. If I am feeling rather sluggish, go brawl. If I am feeling a bit hyper, go melee.

Mike2

Smash Ace
What gets me hyped in brawl is people from other countries. I'd love to see 9b, Shu, Leon, and nietono(among others) go up against our top smashers. Which is why I'm really excited for Apex. I'm hoping there's a lot of OoC representation

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I now find Brawl only fun to play in friendlies.

Tournies are boring. Especially MK ditto finals, or the occasional Snake vs MK. We've all seen it. It's just the same stuff from the past 23945820 tournaments.

The funnest matches to watch are the random matches where pros get matched up in the middle of the ladder, so we at least get to see high level play of characters you don't see often and matchups that aren't played often.

If anything, I'd ban MK entirely to bring some freaking variety into this game.

Reyney

Smash Apprentice
shoutouts to bizkit for being a match for m2k as snake.
i thinks its a very longt time ago, that i saw a snake playing that mu so well.

very inspiring and motivating

etecoon

Smash Hero
good **** bizkit!

makes me feel a little less bad about getting ***** on brinstar like that -_-

Top Bottom