• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Hiya, I'm a random from MA, but hoping to make the PR (Top 10 last 3 tourneys hellz yeah!).
you really wouldn't be a random if you were more active IMO, I think between me, bass, mike, hink, you, and prawn any two of us could have the filler spots and beat each other

though again depending on your definition of random, I'm a random lol. NE PR probably should be 8 people atm :/

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Michigan is full of randoms XD No one pays attention to anyone but Lain,Judge,Anther, and L_Cancel anyway .=/ Someday though I want to get up there. After School's in Session 3 I am pumped <3

etecoon

Smash Hero
it's kinda like that here but mostly because only a few people in NE travel so no one knows any of us, when we actually get out upsets can happen(BC two stocking tearbear twice aww yea)

**** I don't even go to half the tourneys here, I only just a week ago went to a CT tournament, I might attend some more of them in the future but even that was extremely taxing to me mentally(I think this had more to do with wandering around boston the day before and afterward than going to a tournament 4 hours away though...)

napZzz

Smash Hero
well keep it up i guess =0 maybe i'll be at dna

Falco kirby is easy if you remember kirby can't kill way worse than falco can't kill

Shield > Kirby

Patience > Kirby

Falco wins 55-45 vs Kirby (imo)

Snake wins 60-40 vs Kirby (imo)

if you don't know the matchup for both though it can look pretty bad.

I use Snake though lol
snake vs. kirby is dumb, kirby does dirty things to snake

/bias

Allied

Smash Master
snake vs. kirby is dumb, kirby does dirty things to snake

/bias
Not knowing the Kirby match up, I almost beat Lingling. Snake vs Kirby is easier than Falco vs Kirby.
as long as you know some things with Snake vs kirby you will auto win

You can jump after F-throw -> Upair don't get caught in a dumb combo

At high percentages avoided being tossed off stage the number 1 reason kirby can kill is because snake has a hard time landing

Shield > Kirby

With that alone its fairly easy and Lingling plays kirby exactly like his d3

He empty jumps and waits until theres a opening lol.

Falco vs Kirby is cake just really boring.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I do have a good amount of Snake Kirby experience from playing some1 at BU actually. and yeah sdi makes avoiding any followups to fthrow to uair rly easy.

napZzz

Smash Hero
to be real allied its not even an auto win, kirby is really really good at ****ing up snake in the air and keeping him there, also offstage

its just that its usually kinda hard sometimes for him to kill snake and that he dies lower

but a REALLY campy kirby is harder to deal with

Allied

Smash Master
to be real allied its not even an auto win, kirby is really really good at ****ing up snake in the air and keeping him there, also offstage

its just that its usually kinda hard sometimes for him to kill snake and that he dies lower

but a REALLY campy kirby is harder to deal with
But Kirby has no tools to camp with

hes forced to approach with Grenade traps / C4 as well as snakes hitboxes ruin him

i didn't mean it like auto win but unless its Chu/Y.B.M (Note Infern has beaten both of them with relative ease) Most kirbies can't compete with Snake.

The whole matchup is centered at Kirby gettign Snake in the air

If you don't let him, you win :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXy5_ato5BY

RATED

Smash Lord
Snake vs Kirby is fairly easy for Snake, I play against kewkky's Kirby all the time and have played other kirbies. If you play it like you play against DDD( grenades all day and camp all the time) sooner or later kirby will approach and hit you like there's no tomorrow, you don't really have to camp and camp all the MU, you just have to play patiently and you destroy kirby. Kirby's Dtilt is good as it have a 2/3 trip rate ( correct me if I am wrong Allied) and its kinda fast and it can evade our grabs, so if you try to grab a kirby with grenade grab ( if he knows the MU) you will get Dtilted easily, learn to shield the Dash attack and Punish that laggy Fsmash.

And Snake's Dthrow > Kirby, also Kirby's Uptilt is really fast and punish the "walmart combo" LOL!

Allied

Smash Master
Snake vs Kirby is fairly easy for Snake, I play against kewkky's Kirby all the time and have played other kirbies. If you play it like you play against DDD( grenades all day and camp all the time) sooner or later kirby will approach and hit you like there's no tomorrow, you don't really have to camp and camp all the MU, you just have to play patiently and you destroy kirby. Kirby's Dtilt is good as it have a 2/3 trip rate ( correct me if I am wrong Allied) and its kinda fast and it can evade our grabs, so if you try to grab a kirby with grenade grab ( if he knows the MU) you will get Dtilted easily, learn to shield the Dash attack and Punish that laggy Fsmash.

And Snake's Dthrow > Kirby, also Kirby's Uptilt is really fast and punish the "walmart combo" LOL!
yup idk about dtilt how much it makes people trip

i just kinda use it xD

i wish kirby was better ;_;

napZzz

Smash Hero
But Kirby has no tools to camp with

hes forced to approach with Grenade traps / C4 as well as snakes hitboxes ruin him

i didn't mean it like auto win but unless its Chu/Y.B.M (Note Infern has beaten both of them with relative ease) Most kirbies can't compete with Snake.

The whole matchup is centered at Kirby gettign Snake in the air

If you don't let him, you win :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXy5_ato5BY
all he has to do is get a lead and just float around. Its not really that hard to avoid snakes **** and make him come to you, and snakes approach game isn't the best around, its where he fails in alot of matchups and starts having a harder time

I just think at worst its 6/4

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I saw this and I laughed out loud. Caught me entirely by surprise. I think you know why I posted it in the Snake GD instead of the Kirby GD, where I usually live in.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Any and all feedback welcome!

SNAKE VS MK 2

can you guys help me answer some questions I have for the actual blog?

Is it easy to navigate the page?
Is it easy to read with all the color?
What can I add or do better?

Ekans is like stupid pikachu. He refuses to evolve into Arbok. I guess bad memories of GI Joes arch enemies probably had something to do with that.

Underload

Lazy
With my 3000th post, I'll say that Snake needs to drop in the next tier list so everybody can stop harping on how 'overrated' he is.

Well, that, and so I can slowly inch closer to my dream of maining a mid tier character.

etecoon

Smash Hero
erik didn't you say you don't go to BU smashfests because you're from south western mass and it's hella far? this would be a lot closer right?

http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=12985

I may start coming to this regularly because NH sucks and we don't even have a biweekly smashfest anymore ._. we need to get together with maine and do something I'm sick of going to mass any time I want to play brawl!

RATED

Smash Lord
Snake received love yesterday in PR, top 3 were all snakes, I placed 3rd with snake/wario, the 2nd one was snake/rob and the 1st was snake only.

I wanted to go ICs, but everyonehere mains most ics weird MUs, like 455486588 snakes, Robs, MKs, TL. I didnt encounter falcos in bracket neither Pika

ErikG

Smash Ace
erik didn't you say you don't go to BU smashfests because you're from south western mass and it's hella far? this would be a lot closer right?

http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=12985

I may start coming to this regularly because NH sucks and we don't even have a biweekly smashfest anymore ._. we need to get together with maine and do something I'm sick of going to mass any time I want to play brawl!
I'd probably go to that if I had a car up here on campus.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
So my school had wings and games night, and melee was it. I suck at it now. Gettin beat by scrubs haha. Airdodge habit. Samus Zair habit (since snake DNE in melee). Forget how fast, fast-fall really is haha. And it doesn't help that projectors have even more lag than HD TVs. It's like playing good wifi. Terrible just terrible. I wish brawl was there so I could make scrubs salty. :) Makes me wanna practice melee just enough to wreck these scrubs. I guess I'll stick to mah barwl.

Top Bottom