• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

RATED

Smash Lord
I spend my traning mode practicing teching with Snake or practicing chaingrabbing and the desynchs with ICs.

@ Yume: your signature is full of lols. Who the hell is that guy who went to the tourney with a CAPE? :S

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Bl00dcr0ss, I think the cape signifying him switching mains to MK, and I think the match is his Falco losing to the biggest troll in NE.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
You guys... so creative with training mode. I practice setups and B-reversals

Also, why was SuSa banned? If we can't talk about that, could someone PM me?
SuSa wanted to be banned, he basically left the community for an anime community, he still goes to tourneys but only talk to the SoCal community where he lives.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
are anime communities better than the smash community? o_O we're pretty bad but they're weeaboos D:
and therefore are terrifying

kore wa zombie desu ka

nandayo?!

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
Haha I love those moments. Especially ones that make both players just stare for a second.

Dude, What did you just do? :bee:

Savon

Smash Ace
Both are equally amusing. Snakes tend to have some of the funniest bloopers in the game because of Snake's moveset naturally having a lot of double-edged sword qualities.

Also Etecoon, Jigglypuff? Really?

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
So which is rock, paper, or scissors?

I'd guess rock is GUA, paper is roll behind, and scissors is front roll. But there's also wait for reaction, so maybe paper would be roll and scissors is nothing?

Also, its not completely the same, but I find my opponent usually does what I just beat them with. So maybe if I successfully predict a roll behind, they'll roll forwards. Depends on what value you assign.

etecoon

Smash Hero
damn right JIGGLYPUFF

jigglypuff is a character that only real men would play

JIGGLYPUFF

OFFICIAL CHARACTER OF PIRATES AND LUMBERJACKS

also, get up attack and stand up > fast attack or turn grab are rock in that they are the strong "I'm challenging this head on" move, but they are not rock in their frequency of use. roll away is the most commonly picked option for the first okizeme of a set IMO, but I guess no one's actually done research on this(someone go watch hundreds of snake vids and record the results! lol snake boards are too lazy to do that stuff...)

Yamitsuki

Smash Cadet
Well, I was referring to the ability of how predictable people end up being. Either people are entirely predictable picking the same option until punished, or they might pick the same one twice in a row, then try to do something else. I find it useful to do something like 3 times in a row because every snake expects me to do something different after the 2nd time around. However, it all depends upon how often the person plays the game. Competitive person seems to try to mix it up while the non will always pick the same option.

etecoon

Smash Hero
snake's dthrow isn't really pure RPS anyway, he can cover 3 options at a time typically with ftilts and dash attacks, but it helps if you really need the regrabs or other hard reads

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I have been reminded of my absence for these boards and I am posting again. I miss you guys lol. Needed a Snake break though. Whats up lovelies? :D

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
also, get up attack and stand up > fast attack or turn grab are rock in that they are the strong "I'm challenging this head on" move, but they are not rock in their frequency of use. roll away is the most commonly picked option for the first okizeme of a set IMO, but I guess no one's actually done research on this(someone go watch hundreds of snake vids and record the results! lol snake boards are too lazy to do that stuff...)
I'll work on it, no promises though. Any suggestions for which ones too watch? Like who

Tech is back! I thought you left us for the DDD boards!

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
It's important to know if your opponent has a towards-away getup attack or away-towards, if it is the second one then you can react to it, thus with a little practice you can react to all of their options except for roll aways. Although if they do roll away, you can always react by chasing and punishing their followup from rolling.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I did decide that I enjoy DDD more/do better with him in tournament so he is my main. But is impossible for me to completely walk away from the Snake boards. <3 you guys. I just needed a bit of a break. I have not been feeling it with him so I decided to remove myself for a little bit.

etecoon

Smash Hero
who said you had to main snake? I main MK and I have more posts here than anyone but nappy <_<

etecoon

Smash Hero
if it makes you feel better I don't rep MK either, I'm retired and I just hang around here out of boredom

Turazrok

Smash Master
Lol everytime I try to play Snake I play olimar instead. It's like I do everything better

Except Recover

Savon

Smash Ace
I like Snake. Snake is good. I am going to rep Snake hard. If things work out I should have some tournament sets up later this month.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I might come.

I might use snake for like.. the diddy mu. That's a homo one. Or jiggs.

Dw, mvc is only a week away
I can't wait for MvC 3. I don't know who should I play as though. Chris, Wesker, Deadpool, Dante and Amaterasu. I don't know who to choose.
are anime communities better than the smash community? o_O we're pretty bad but they're weeaboos D:
and therefore are terrifying
At least I'm not the only one who thinks that weabos are weird. In fact, I don't like them T_T
Big Boss would watch the most amazing combo video ever made. That's what he'd do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5HpvnTahcs

I <3 you all.
O_o

Epic

Calzorz

Smash Lord
alright been a while since i posted here so whats up all , i just came back form u.k tourny i didnt do as well as i wanted i kinda stayed up all night before tourny again xD but idc its only u.k tournys not europe and no johns marths stil a *****

got 2nd new matches for any snakes wanting to watch

Calzorz vs pafos

Game 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j42nudakxXc
Game 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foNscxvmkR0
Game 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxu__Q6Vf7A

Calzorz vs Anaky WF:

All Mathces: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbMuXq075FU

Calzorz Vs Kasper LF:

All Matches: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooOLRQV1VP8

Calzorz Vs Anaky GF1:

All Set 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmn9WlJYSl4

Calzorz Vs Anaky GF2:
All Matches set 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmtxIOq5lU

yea mybe not my best performance but next tourny il give u all a set to watch of snake ****** marth haha :p

clowsui

Smash Legend
I actually liked the mind gameyness of it, I just hated the characters. I should also clarify that I rage quit the rewatch of it, I watched it in like 2006 I think and forgot most of it, so I went to watch it again and got annoyed at the characters too much to continue like 10 episodes in

I didn't rage quit bleach even though I probably should have. I think it's going to end in the next few months from what I've heard so might as well finish it. bleach is mostly ok when it's not filler but the filler is SO bad. I'm not going to start watching any long anime that obviously will have filler like that now though, I like things more concise
eva gets a LOT more interesting after a certain episode, i forget which one it is though

i admit the characters don't improve much :(

come back to the marth mains chat ete

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
I can't wait for MvC 3. I don't know who should I play as though. Chris, Wesker, Deadpool, Dante and Amaterasu. I don't know who to choose.

At least I'm not the only one who thinks that weabos are weird. In fact, I don't like them T_T

O_o

Epic
weabos are scary scary people

i like japan and anime but god damn o_O its like a zombie apocalypse but more annoying

Top Bottom