• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

napZzz

Smash Hero
yes, the first time I quit out actually around like 16 or 17, but someone told me that it got good when simon grows up, so I watched and it was interesting to the say the least, but I still dont really see the hype behind it with all the other animes I compare it to I've seen

etecoon

Smash Hero
I haven't watched it, I have one of the songs from it in my brawl hacks because I've listened to like everything in the BRSTM hub...

naruto and evanglion are the only animes I've rage quit so far, evanglion I rage quit like 10 episodes in

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I haven't watched it, I have one of the songs from it in my brawl hacks because I've listened to like everything in the BRSTM hub...

naruto and evanglion are the only animes I've rage quit so far, evanglion I rage quit like 10 episodes in
Bahaahahah Evangelion... I think that while anime was a mindgame. Think you know what's going on? Bam!

etecoon

Smash Hero
Bahaahahah Evangelion... I think that while anime was a mindgame. Think you know what's going on? Bam!
I actually liked the mind gameyness of it, I just hated the characters. I should also clarify that I rage quit the rewatch of it, I watched it in like 2006 I think and forgot most of it, so I went to watch it again and got annoyed at the characters too much to continue like 10 episodes in

I didn't rage quit bleach even though I probably should have. I think it's going to end in the next few months from what I've heard so might as well finish it. bleach is mostly ok when it's not filler but the filler is SO bad. I'm not going to start watching any long anime that obviously will have filler like that now though, I like things more concise

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I think the only anime that i've rage quited was Blood +, & that was because even when something was happening it was so damn boring. T_T
I liked Blood+ but I do indeed remember a boring arc somewhere in the middle haha. It's hard, but if you stick with it, it's pretty good.

I actually liked the mind gameyness of it, I just hated the characters. I should also clarify that I rage quit the rewatch of it, I watched it in like 2006 I think and forgot most of it, so I went to watch it again and got annoyed at the characters too much to continue like 10 episodes in

I didn't rage quit bleach even though I probably should have. I think it's going to end in the next few months from what I've heard so might as well finish it. bleach is mostly ok when it's not filler but the filler is SO bad. I'm not going to start watching any long anime that obviously will have filler like that now though, I like things more concise
I didn't like the weird part with the real life images, not to mention some weird creepy ju-on s*** where there was a dark face and an eye opens up. I was watching that in room in the dark. Creepy as f***. The characters are weird indeed - a bit angsty too. I don't know whether to give credit to the creator for trying something unconventional or to just take it as it is; I read the ending came to be due to a mental breakdown or something of the sort.

Also, I rage quit bleach 2 or 3 times. I came back to read, caught up, got tired of waiting, got tired of filler, rage quit some more, went back, more rage quit. I'm off for good now. As for Naruto, I liked it more and I wouldn't say I rage quit as much as plank that **** waiting for it to finish so I can read as fast as I want and skip over fillers. The only thing I hate about waiting is that I tend to forget where I left off and what happened. It requires me to go back up to 5 chapters just to remember stuff.

I also like things more concise. I like to watch anime that's already done and preferably not 100 episodes unless it's THAT good. Also, I rage quit Katekyo Hitman Reborn. I hate the main character in the anime so much. Guy has a ***** - man up foo!

etecoon

Smash Hero
I don't remember the real life images thing but like I said, I watched about 1/3rd of it this time and the last time I watched it was 5 years ago I think

I should probably read the naruto manga to avoid filler but I've never really been into manga or comics before...manga especially because it's all black and white. someone should make episode guides for some of the longer anime that have a ton of animation studio produced garbage that isn't based on the source material so you know which episodes to skip XD

Savon

Smash Ace
I have only enjoyed 2 animes in my life. Death Note and Samurai Champloo. If I am not too lazy I will type a long rant about why I dislike anime as a whole tomorrow. Most of them just run on and on and on and on and on and ON!!!

I am still open to some quality anime if any hardcore fans have any suggestions for me.

etecoon

Smash Hero
death note is definitely my favorite anime and one of the best pieces of media I've seen overall. it's also the only anime I've seen (recently at least...) where I prefer the english dub to subs so that's also a bonus(random note: the naruto dub is completely unwatchable, how the **** has that stayed on TV...)

fooly cooly is really short and pretty good, it's also intensely mind gamey like evanglion and also has pretty awkward characters...like evanglion. but it's much shorter so you're less likely to quit it anyway. angel beats is also good and short but somehow even at like, 12 episodes IIRC it kind of dragged on to me.

etecoon

Smash Hero
it took me a while to remember it's name but elfen lied is also a good short one...I think...I actually remember pretty much nothing about it except that it was one of the most ridiculously violent things I have ever seen LOL

Savon

Smash Ace
My friend told me about an anime involving people who get attacked by this kid with a baseball bat on skates or something because of problems they have? However the issues are all physiological. Does that ring a bell in anybodies head? I have NO idea what it is called or what it looks like, but the concept seemed interesting enough for me to try and check it out.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I remember that! it was on adult swim in 2005 or 2006 I think, i don't remember the name though

etecoon

Smash Hero
my room is in the basement below our kitchen and I have weird hours, it suuuucks. I haven't had a normal sleep schedule in like 4 years and that was only for a brief period, I had insomnia before that most of my life too

I've been researching a lot of stuff to get better with this, I'm very interested in dreams and to some extent the other phases of sleep(anyone here been conscious for sleep paralysis before? it's pretty ****ed up)...so it's of interest to me even beyond the fact that you need good sleep to function properly. but the occasional intense noise is something that's really hard to get around, you can get a fan or play some kind of drone noise, some of which are even designed to lower your brain frequency into a sleeping state, but I've always found those more distracting than anything, I really need silence

napZzz

Smash Hero
My friend told me about an anime involving people who get attacked by this kid with a baseball bat on skates or something because of problems they have? However the issues are all physiological. Does that ring a bell in anybodies head? I have NO idea what it is called or what it looks like, but the concept seemed interesting enough for me to try and check it out.
FLCL my good man

an amazing anime

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
Ete try reading Rabbit Doubt the manga; I have a feeling you'll love the suspense and thrill that Death Note brought but 10x amplified.

You know what was a really creepy and gory anime that deceived me with its chibi style? Higurashi. Just look up higurashi death scenes on YouTube and tell me whaddap.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Ete try reading Rabbit Doubt the manga; I have a feeling you'll love the suspense and thrill that Death Note brought but 10x amplified.

will check it out soon maybe, where might I find that?

You know what was a really creepy and gory anime that deceived me with its chibi style? Higurashi. Just look up higurashi death scenes on YouTube and tell me whaddap.
I've heard that was really brutal, the theme song is also really deceptive(atomsk has used it in a few videos, I downloaded the drum n bass version because of his tristate combo vid)

speaking of gory brutality, what does everyone think of MK9? I stopped paying attention to that series after UMK3 but I've heard this has been getting a lot of hype...the x-ray vision is a really ridiculous feature...

napZzz

Smash Hero
the newest mk is goin back to the roots, and I think its lookin really really slick. I'm hyped

Savon

Smash Ace
MK still has those terribly stale animations and looks like it will be BETTER, but not amazing.

MvC3 is absorbing all of my attention/money.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
rated.... your avi....+rep you dun good :D
currently got that bamf of a cat as my BG to my ps3, he's just too epic.

higurashi was a pretty good show, its a shame they never brought the 2nd season over to america since its needed to understand what the **** is even going on, its bat **** insane after all.

FLCL was made by gainax who made Gureen lagann, Evangelion, Panty and stocking etc.
all good shows and definatly some of the best in the medium

RATED

Smash Lord
rated.... your avi....+rep you dun good :D
currently got that bamf of a cat as my BG to my ps3, he's just too epic.

higurashi was a pretty good show, its a shame they never brought the 2nd season over to america since its needed to understand what the **** is even going on, its bat **** insane after all.

FLCL was made by gainax who made Gureen lagann, Evangelion, Panty and stocking etc.
all good shows and definatly some of the best in the medium
epic cat is epic. I am liking that anime.

also you like golden sun, like that cat and also play wolf. You play him as your main though, I use him as a 2nd. (snake/ICs ) main.

*gurren lagann :D had to do it. Panty and stocking is good?

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
dream eater merry <3 fantastic show so far, epic cliffhanger on ep 5 though D:
needs moar cat!

golden sun <3 best RPG's i'll ever play in my life, EVER got 3 copies of each game, a yellow scarf, two standees, the japanese manga and the guide books *obsessed fanboy*

snake is my 2nd so its just reversed! main wolf 2nd snake. but lately diddy has been taking snakes spot D:

gurren lagann will make a man out of you panty and stocking will... well it'll confuse you.
the art is like...powerpuff girls lol xD its stylized like an american cartoon and makes fun of some of them, ren and stimpy and the like.
its really crude and lowbrow, but the music is amazing and i find it incredibly humorous. its so out there that a lot of people probably hate it, but FLCL is more insane

MvC3 is absorbing all of my attention/money.
Mine too :bee:

Super Skrull is looking bad***

also you like golden sun, like that cat and also play wolf. You play him as your main though, I use him as a 2nd. (snake/ICs ) main. ?
I'd like to say that Golden Sun would be one of the best but Persona is the game I'm playing right now. Persona is still an awesome game though.
lately diddy has been taking snakes spot D:
Wasn't it like that ever since?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Ubored?

TRAINING MODE B REVERSALS ALL DAY
I love training mode schenanagance! try to have a Ganon live a C4 at 999% by footstooling him (you have to cypher all the way up above the screen. Or footstooling him out of a nikita drop, or my fave, get under the stage, knock him off with the cypher, and C4 yourself into him and killing him.

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
You guys... so creative with training mode. I practice setups and B-reversals

Also, why was SuSa banned? If we can't talk about that, could someone PM me?

Top Bottom