• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

etecoon

Smash Hero
too lazy, and idk about that MK and marth can get quick kills off of edge guards that snake can't, everyone is aware of his utilt and close range power in general so I don't think he really SHOULD kill that early if they're good. it's more like I just randomly play better in short bursts and snake seems to make up more ground during those times where MK or marth are really more built to play well front to back the whole game. I have a few examples where I've been down around a stock or so and I suddenly just play near perfect and win where I don't think that happens with other characters...

Being lazy has saved your life from that flash.

But that is snake in a nutshell again. You only have to hit people a few times to be winning.

RATED

Smash Lord
you know what makes me facepalm as a Snake mainer? when I see another snake running to opponent that's kinda near. Worst when I see a Snake running to a MARTH!. Snake just needs to Walk. WALK.

Something I realized from melee is that mobility is an important part of smash. You need to be moving more. Moving will make it harder for your opponent to accurately space or time a move. The more forms of movement you have, the harder it is for your opponent to stay on top of your options. Limiting yourself to only one form of movement I think is not the way to go. Embrace dashing towards your opponent to get further inside them or happen to powershield an attack. Obviously, not all the time, but it is not an option you should ignore.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Something I realized from melee is that mobility is an important part of smash. You need to be moving more. Moving will make it harder for your opponent to accurately space or time a move. The more forms of movement you have, the harder it is for your opponent to stay on top of your options. Limiting yourself to only one form of movement I think is not the way to go. Embrace dashing towards your opponent to get further inside them or happen to powershield an attack. Obviously, not all the time, but it is not an option you should ignore.
agree on the importance of mobility but I think it has little to do with how many forms of moving you have. ultimately in many cases different methods can be redundant and it's more the versatility that comes from it than anything to me. like marth walking is powerful because he can move quickly while maintaining every one of his options where as snake dashing at you means you know he can only do a few things

MK is gay, that is all.
HE WAS JUST CURIOUS

etecoon

Smash Hero
I was always under the impression that meta knight was asexual and reproduced via mitosis

that's why there are so many of us

Newsgrounds sometimes has some pretty good things, but some if it is just plain disturbing. That MGS collab thing, what the heck?!
The last part of the first collaboration was just distracting.
Take our current meta knight, then remove his sword. Instant female meta knight.
I was thinking of dual swords :awesome:

Watch the nin10do collab series. It's awesome

Btw, I put the guide prefix or whatever you call it beside my guide. There also some new stuff: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=268454

etecoon

Smash Hero
why does youtube keep getting worse like every 2-4 weeks wtffff

new front page is so bad ugh

and it's recommending me videos now based on things that I watched a year ago, really?

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I wish I could even watch videos at all.

I have dial up. :(

yes, dial-up still exists. no phone/internet company service the area I live, it could take years to get anything better.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
it would take even more hours sifting through the things that are not of value to get to anything good.

this is why I don't stay on the internet very long anymore. All I do is check smashboards and few other forums, and facebook.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
it's hard. things either take waaaay to long to load, or just fail to load.

I probably shouldn't be able to use FB on dial-up lol.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
we had that, but my sister doesn't understand what "Usage Limit" means, or what "don't video chat" or "make large downloads" means.

we had to get rid of it, we only had it for like 5 months. my mom didn't want to pay for it any more because my sister is dumb.

also, the connection wasn't always good, at times it seemed like i was just using dial-up again. that also probably had to with me living far away from civilization, there isn't a phone tower for miles...

it was a verizon usb modem

Top Bottom