• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

RATED

Smash Lord
downsmashing mid game ???????? what do you guys think of this? Not just after taking Stocks.
do so, I mean, if you Ftilt them and their are send at a decent distance you can plant the downsmash since your oponent is far. In situations where your opponent can't get to punish you for it or can get an adv. of position.

Do it. :D

Underload

Lazy
:snake: (Color: Default) - A month or so after Brawl came out, I got a HUGE desire to play the MGS games. I read articles about the story and characters, etc. Played Pit at the time. When I remembered that Snake was in Brawl, I went to him and never went back. I use default because of the Snake Skin Shedding ritual at the beginning of the year.

:wario: (Color: Orange biker) - The matches that got me into Brawl were the old Reflex vs. Afro videos from Impact Clash II. Used him sparingly for the past two years, but I'm getting more serious with him now. I use orange because it looks cool.

:jigglypuff: (Color: Flower) - I wanted a joke character. Jigglypuff's stupidly fun. I use flower because flowers look cool.

:falcon: (Color: Blue) - I laughed at all of the jokes associated with Falcon. Playing him in friendlies is just an excuse to drop said jokes. I use blue because it's like default, but better.

Even though nobody reads these, I decided to do one!

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
:snake:
(Choco chip) Picked this ***** up the day Brawl came out but I didn't get serious with him (AT/tech wise) until around September.

:falcon:
Um...? Uair/fair/b shenanigans all I can say

:falco:

Hearing the cool *jeee* noise from the laser is the only reason I second this mfer

:gaw: (WTF IS THE ABBREVIATION I TRIED 20 MILLION)
Love his strings

:ike: JABJABJABJABJABJABJABJABJABJABJABJABJABJAJBAJABJABJABJABGRABJABJABJABJAB

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
I love how Captain Falcon is a popular choice. And lol at the reasons.

I'm sure he remembers who did that to him :awesome: Only 11 mores days of him though!

Also, what are some of your reaction times? My brother did a test on the effect of video games on reaction time. Video game people owned the non-video game people. Mines like .26. Also, does anyone know how to improve it?

etecoon

Smash Hero
my reactions range anywhere from 230ishms to 300ishms on average, I'm unhealthy and sleep very poorly so I'm very inconsistent

Mines are best about 1 Snake crouch length from the edge. I find the cover most of their non-aerial option quite well.
this is what I like to do, put it so it covers their roll option so they either have to stand up where they can't walk forward easily or jump, then I jump backwards and shoot the nikita to cover more options

RATED

Smash Lord
:snake: I love his playstyle, grenades and his range and power. Grab game and survival.

:dedede: Range, his stupid face, inhale, bair , grab and uptilt.

IDK they give me that "special" feeling of using them, I pratice with them and play friendlies at tourneys/smashfest with them but I don't use them at tourneys(the same as DDD).

:wolf: if Snake didnt exist in this game I would probably main Wolf or ICs. He's so fun to play, I use him in friendlies a lot.

Thanks Etecoon

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
my reactions range anywhere from 230ishms to 300ishms on average, I'm unhealthy and sleep very poorly so I'm very inconsistent

this is what I like to do, put it so it covers their roll option so they either have to stand up where they can't walk forward easily or jump, then I jump backwards and shoot the nikita to cover more options
Note that a lot of characters can easily get rid of the landmine easily..(snakes utilt, d3 ftilt?, marths fair, gaw dtilt.. etc.) Not to mention their attacks can also clank with the nikita blowing it up or veering it off in some other direction. I personally don't prefer the nikita because I personally believe there are better options with nades.

I think I should put some reasons too....[/COLOR]

Main:
:snake: (Blue) - He's a bad*** character. Using his nades, mines and C4s to just camp, camp, camp and camp feels so good. Hearing those explosions and sounds of knees, punches and kicks feel so good. It also feels good to hit enemies. The best part is that he's from MGS which is one of the most awesome games I've played

Second mains:
:kirby2: (Normal) - This pink puffball is fun to use. Performing follow ups and combos with kirby feels so good. The other reason I use him as a second main is because of his awesome but predictable f-smash.
:falco: (Blue) - Using his lasers and doing chaingrabs is satisfying.

Mains for fun:
:zelda: (Normal) - I use her because she's a good character in wifi.
:ganondorf: (Normal) - He's the beeeesssstt. Stomp, Uair and Forward B warlock punch.

The characters who I used for a while only:
:jigglypuff:
:ike:
:marth:
:link2:
:mario2:

etecoon

Smash Hero
Note that a lot of characters can easily get rid of the landmine easily..(snakes utilt, d3 ftilt?, marths fair, gaw dtilt.. etc.) Not to mention their attacks can also clank with the nikita blowing it up or veering it off in some other direction. I personally don't prefer the nikita because I personally believe there are better options with nades.
true but a lot of those actions are punishable, and in this situation firing the nikita is nearly never punishable(falco can jump above the mine and phantasm but flash steps and other projectiles are the only things that immediately come to mind)

as I said though, it's kind of a gimmick, just another wrinkle not something to be done all the time

who else uses multicolor snake? I change my camo like big boss son! I'd rank them blue > red > desert = green > standard > leopard for unhacked snakes though, I never use standard or leopard snake at all.

Standard Snake is stupid.

Leopard is pretty cool. I still prefer Blue Snake.

Lol. Everyone is using Boba Fett.

etecoon

Smash Hero
boba fett is the best character ever that only got like 30 seconds of screen time before he was eaten by a giant monster. hacking that character onto snake just makes him even more awesome

Seeing him DACUS and use Snake's attacks is just awesome.

Someone remodel Snake's weapons into those blasters please :D !!!

Edit:
User Name : Posts:
napZzz = 1,503
SuSa = 1,491
etecoon = 1,457
Underload = 1,363
Zajice = 1,282
Xeylode = 1,243
berserker01 = 1,035
Yumewomiteru = 987
Darkshadow7827 = 701
Technical_Chase = 393
TommyDerMeister = 339
ErikG = 320
RATED = 288

etecoon

Smash Hero
counting both accounts, it's currently xeylode > me > nappy

I'll get you velox!

btw PS2 is amazing, doing snake stuff on the ice transformation is so fun

etecoon

Smash Hero
that's not the full list, he just went through the currently active people, the gap is missing

__crystal____ 574
IxxI 547
Eternal Yoshi 446
Sinz 400

lol etecoon. At least my old alias is still alive in some people. You'll probably get your chance to post more often than me now since my semester seems really busy x.x

I find it funny anytime I see stuff related to internet space on real life news. It is almost as if that sort of stuff is important for the real world to know about.

napZzz

Smash Hero
h0ly **** I had no clue I had that many. So my characters....

:snake:-I'm a huge mgs fanboy and I love nades and his other quirks in his playstyle...he's really unique and just badass as a whole <3

:diddy:-he's ****ing stupid and broken and fun to play, but I hate diddy kong as a character himself, even though he's really fun

:wario:-warios playstyle is alot of fun, the way he can switch up between offense/defense in a sense and the precision that comes along with him is great, plus I love living forever and getting that low percent waft kill ;o

tbh I basically enjoy every top tier besides marth.....I just think its more fun to play good characters because of how many options/things they can do compared to the other ones. Not to say they're the only ones I play, just at more of a serious level

etecoon

Smash Hero
pretty much, only low tiers I can stomach playing really are ganondorf and maybe jiggs on occasion, I like most high tiers except ice climbers, **** ice climbers

napZzz

Smash Hero
I even dabble with ic's, there are sometimes where i've been bored and I just pick ic's and go into training mode and practice the cg's/desyncs, I usually just leave my wii on cuz all I play is brawl lol so its just kind of there when i'm bored

etecoon

Smash Hero
how the **** does one maintain consistency with snake? it seems like my skill with him is completely random, sometimes he actually does better than my MK then other days I can literally pick up characters I NEVER play and snake is worse than them...

snake is a character based on randomness :/

napZzz

Smash Hero
I have alot of issues maintaining consistency, I think the issue is that snake is a pretty complex character at the core and its difficult to keep up with all of his various methods/tricks without losing one or the other and keeping yourself at the max level

RATED

Smash Lord
how the **** does one maintain consistency with snake? it seems like my skill with him is completely random, sometimes he actually does better than my MK then other days I can literally pick up characters I NEVER play and snake is worse than them...

Is not snake, probably is a problem that you have. Maybe it comes with your "daily habits" so that it somedays you play really good and some days you play ****ty. Is a thing of yourself.

Forget about it and the problem will be gone.

I think everyone has that in some sort of way. There is quite a lot about this game to try to remember at any one time. Correlation between distance and position of opponent. Typical methods of play they have been spamming. Or the match-up itself. What does my character have as an option agianst MK is dractically different than against ganon. Then there is DI to get out of attacks. So, with so much stuff to have to remember, many times you do revert back to routine to be able to focus on one thing at a time.

I think the only real cure is to try to practice good reaction habits on your own, then try to apply that mental power to change up your habitual reactions to everything to make wise choices and ultimately play better.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology

I thought that at one point in time too but its really just an issue with your mindset with Snake because I do the same thing. Sometimes your style changes when you play another character. I feel like I'm just sort of drifting with Snake and I have all these options at times but not sure what to do with him.

But then sometimes on my good days at tournaments.. I KNOW what to do with him and my bad player habits vanish when I play with him. (most of them) It is strange.

And with D3 I am usually way more focused with him. I've determined that I do better with simple characters like D3 and Ike and stuff lol

Newsgrounds sometimes has some pretty good things, but some if it is just plain disturbing. That MGS collab thing, what the heck?!

etecoon

Smash Hero
I thought that at one point in time too but its really just an issue with your mindset with Snake because I do the same thing. Sometimes your style changes when you play another character. I feel like I'm just sort of drifting with Snake and I have all these options at times but not sure what to do with him.

But then sometimes on my good days at tournaments.. I KNOW what to do with him and my bad player habits vanish when I play with him. (most of them) It is strange.

And with D3 I am usually way more focused with him. I've determined that I do better with simple characters like D3 and Ike and stuff lol
I feel like I generally have a good idea of what I want to do, just sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. the same kind of thing happens with me in tournament though, I can't understand why but snake is probably my third best character going off of friendlies but he seems the most clutch in tournament, my MK and marth both fall apart more for some reason

Has anyone seen MGS: Flash Collab DISC 01 on newsgrounds? Half awesome, half some of the most disturbing MGS things ever.
link

MK is too light. Marth cannot kill. Snake is the opposite of both. Instant tournament gratificaiton.

If your really want to see that messed up stuff, you find the link yourself.

Top Bottom