• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

etecoon

Smash Hero
oh I've timed out children before in tournament, it's hilarious. just saying we have the campiest snakes : )

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I remember my friend almost lost to a 7 year old girl in Melee. She was Fox and he was Ganon and if she hasnt Illiusioned off the stage all three of her stoclk she would have won because she got him to his last stock lol. I died laughing. EVERYONE was watching. After she lost she started crying and called him a "meanie" I almost fell over. That was just a lose-lose situation.

Kids are evil and need to be punished.

You know, it is so hard to concentrate for long periods of time x,X
I revert to that auto-pilot thing so quickly. How the heck do you focus...

I'm just throwing thoughts out, but you may have ADD
I do have ADHD. But my thought process whenever playing melee is this:
"Alright, Space Dtilt and SH Fair"
"Dtilt worked, follow-up with something"
*First gut reaction follow-up fails and gets punished*
"Oh ****, I just got hit and I am getting comboed!"
*goes into DI mode, lull in combo, get to the ground!*

Process repeats to some degree for a coupe of matches.

"Oh, I just got hit again, I probably should see what he will do next. Ok, I can get out now."
*jumps and has no way to actually having a safe way to get down, get comboed more, lose stock*

^Then when I reach this point I live so much in the moment, I do not really think ahead, notice what people are doing. I totally block it all out focusing solely on how to avoid or hit someone with the current situation. Teches are missed. Options are repeated over and over again. Attempted tech skill goes out the window. It just becomes so hard to focus on what someone is doing apart from my own position x.X

I do get successful runs at times where I finally get a proper few reactions and the correct options. But so much of it tends to be gut-reaction and only rarely works.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I have issues focusing as well. I also try to actively ask my questions and spot patterns but half the time I'm playing the gut reaction game also. Ugh I wish I could open my eyes up to everything consistently. I play SOOOO much better when I do.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Hey people, socializing and stuff.

Idk I thought it'd be weird if I just responded to something without being here before. But then this is weird. So yeah I main Snake. xD

Idk how well DK/Snake works but Will and I are gonna try it this Saturday.

That's probably the best way to do things. All I did was randomly post in here one day and it sort of became routine.
Also, I can imagine snake/DK going well.

Savon

Smash Ace
I am really sorry Snake boards, but Fox is truly beginning to take over Snake as my main. My Snake is still WAYYYY better, but Fox is just a more fun character to play as. I feel like I am slowing being pulled away from these boards.

On a side note, who else is pumped for MvC3?

Underload

Lazy
You'll be back. You weren't around when I first thought of the rule, but it goes like this:

If you drop Snake, you'll be back.

I thought etecoon might **** my logic, but he's back to Snack now kinda.

Enjoy Fox for now, but don't be mad when the forces of nature bring you back here.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I am really sorry Snake boards, but Fox is truly beginning to take over Snake as my main. My Snake is still WAYYYY better, but Fox is just a more fun character to play as. I feel like I am slowing being pulled away from these boards.

On a side note, who else is pumped for MvC3?
everyone comes back

and yes, very much so

I remember my friend almost lost to a 7 year old girl in Melee. She was Fox and he was Ganon and if she hasnt Illiusioned off the stage all three of her stoclk she would have won because she got him to his last stock lol. I died laughing. EVERYONE was watching. After she lost she started crying and called him a "meanie" I almost fell over. That was just a lose-lose situation.

Kids are evil and need to be punished.
Kids tend to get mad so easily... It gets annoying
I lold.

I went to a kiddie brawl tourney once

I SPIKED EVERYTHING
I f-smashed every kid in one tourney I went to. It was in a toy store. Lol :awesome:
You'll be back. You weren't around when I first thought of the rule, but it goes like this:

Enjoy Fox for now, but don't be mad when the forces of nature bring you back here.
Snake is a magnet of bad***ery. That's why people can't leave him so all those people out there.... Before using Snake, think cause if you use him, you won't transfer to any other character ever.

@Savon: Yes. I am pumped up for MvC3.

etecoon

Smash Hero

I don't really count, I may be a snake main but I don't play brawl!

often anyway, I actually just joined a brawl ladder at some other website where no one plays competitively, internet equivalent of going to a scrub tourney to pick on children : ) I can't wait for the OMG THIS GUY IS HACKING THE GAME SNAKE IS SKATING AROUND ON HIS MORTAR AND ****

I think snake has to cause the biggest wtfshock to people that don't know the competitive side of the game. like, MK, diddy, falco, and ice climbers will probably destroy them much worse, but snake is the one that just looks like he's bending the rules at every turn

I am still remembering playing Snake for the first time. Always Dsmashed because I expected it to be like MK's dsmash or something.

etecoon

Smash Hero
lol, snake is actually the character I had the fastest start with. I started playing online like 6 months after the game came out and everyone I was playing with was way better than me, a few weeks into it I started using snake and 2 stocked one of them like the second game I ever played against someone with him

MK actually took me like 2-3 months before I stopped being horrible with him, I actually picked him up in the first place because I thought it was embarrassing to not be good at a character that everyone wanted banned, he was actually one of my worst characters back then

lol My failed attempt at a SnakeSuitSamus (S3)
Actually needs some shading now. A few more precise placements of the bands, and maybe some drawn in pockets like Snake has xD Should have used the pony tail hack one, the bandana would have shown up more easily.

Savon

Smash Ace
LOLOLOLOLOLO. That was Adams first time playing melee, and I had not touched it in years. Mura is a melee player. Either way that was some FUN ****when we first did it. You should have been in the room when it was happening

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
Here is a vid of my Fox in my first real fight against my friend Adam from the weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igShr_EKNgI

Here is a vid of my snake as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTTZDnVG-h0h
I like how you play with both. Only thing I can think of is improve your banana game/use. Although I'm not sure how well Snake does with those.

Savon, were you Marth or Mewtwo? That was good, very amusing. Mura is good, I can't win in a 2v1, even against my little family

etecoon

Smash Hero
I acquired a new CRT TV today that's a lot nicer than my old one, it's kind of funny how I've had an HDTV for four years and yet I get hyped to get "outdated" technology. I really hope nintendo's next console is less stupid than this one was...though I think I probably won't buy it anyway at this point :/

etecoon

Smash Hero
all I've been hearing about it is OoT remake...doesn't matter anyway even if it were really good I really don't like handhelds in general, they're never as comfortable as a controller and it strains my neck too to look down at them much

all I've been hearing about it is OoT remake...doesn't matter anyway even if it were really good I really don't like handhelds in general, they're never as comfortable as a controller and it strains my neck too to look down at them much
Play portable games in a reclined way. Like on a reclining couch or a bed. I strain my neck when I sit in a chair properly and play. However, if you are reclined, then there is no pain and it is quite comfortable.

etecoon

Smash Hero
if I have to be in a nice reclined position chances are I'm only playing it at home anyway, handhelds are pointless IMO

I've bought somewhere around 20 DS games and I never play any of them really, I'm probably buying okamiden when it comes out too because I'm a fanboy idiot, don't care first game was too good :/

I sometimes wonder if it is worth it myself. There are actually some good portable games. Although, I think you can just use them through the emulators now. Golden Sun 1&2 together is actually worthy of being a home system game itself. Only you would need to combine the two into a single game disc then improve the graphics that you would get on an actual home console system.

Top Bottom