• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

etecoon

Smash Hero
not exact because it doesn't change exactly on the hour but I've finished my SV research

00 woodfallville (4am-8am)
01 sakuraville(8am-4pm)
02 winter sakuraville(4pm-7pm)
03 eldinville(7pm-11pm)
04 diago village(11pm-4am)

W T F at how long 01 is on for compared to the others(especially 02). and if 03 was supposed to be sun setting time it's set pretty horribly, sakurai really is a failure

I'm not seeing that in most casual smashers and those game reviewers such as Gamespot and others. They don't see failure in it.

To be honest, Brawl is not a fail. It's just the ****** up favor to the defensive side and slowed down physics.

RATED

Smash Lord
I still believe that if want to win, you have to pick up a good character unless you are balsy enough to pick a "non good" character and raise with it, like San, Reflex, Kain and some others.

Thing that I dislike is the whole ledge game, but whatever playing to win is a must for a tournament setting and if I were on that position I would do if there's a lot of money on the line.

Hey so I'mma maining Snake now.

Wassup people.
Nice to see you again rapture. So much for the custom stage thing we tried doing lol
To be honest, Brawl is not a fail. It's just the ****** up favor to the defensive side and slowed down physics.
Everyone needs to realize this.
M2k just likes to hop on tier bandwagon, Id love to play the **** in ssb

Whatever, game is a game
I thought M2K said in his blog he was stopped playing.
Thing that I dislike is the whole ledge game, but whatever playing to win is a must for a tournament setting and if I were on that position I would do if there's a lot of money on the line.
People getting mad at me because I put in an LGL at my tourney =/
My only line of comfort against ledges is the idea that if I can take the percent lead, I never have to worry about someone being on the ledge because no matter how long they sit there, I can wait 8 minutes and win.

Plus, ledge grab limit only applies in time outs. Does everyone here get timed out a lot or something they have to worry about it?

etecoon

Smash Hero
My only line of comfort against ledges is the idea that if I can take the percent lead, I never have to worry about someone being on the ledge because no matter how long they sit there, I can wait 8 minutes and win.

Plus, ledge grab limit only applies in time outs. Does everyone here get timed out a lot or something they have to worry about it?
the threat of the time out forces a lot of games to end before time that probably shouldn't, person who's losing is forced to approach, gets ***** because approaching in brawl is LOL etc.

True, I try to play the ledge game with falco lol It works too at times, but many times it does not. I'm still working out the times when I can punish and when I cannot. I bet I will get it eventually. Baiting works too well in this game. Ganon should never beat you lol

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Guys how about instead of ledge grab limit we increase the timer to like 10 mins and have the person who spent longer in the air losses unless the time is close enough.

etecoon

Smash Hero
No.

speaking of being a campy douche, I've succeeded in playing so gay that I made someone quit

"ggs i sux, i got lucky r1....quitting ladder now"

YEAH

people really shouldn't CP me to pictochat rofl, I'm nearly undefeated there

etecoon

Smash Hero
that he only cared about brawl because of money? that's not news, he's said so himself on many occasions

I can never find it anymore but he actually went on this long rant once about how much he hates brawl and this community and how he only does it because it's like his job, it was in someones signature for a while so I'm sure someone will know what I'm talking about but it was pretty funny

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
that he only cared about brawl because of money? that's not news, he's said so himself on many occasions

I can never find it anymore but he actually went on this long rant once about how much he hates brawl and this community and how he only does it because it's like his job, it was in someones signature for a while so I'm sure someone will know what I'm talking about but it was pretty funny
That's pretty bs, the brawl community is probably one of the better ones compared to the ones out there. If he's gonna ***** about the brawl community I hope he doesn't get into any other game competitively, lmfao

I'm glad this prick is leaving the game; the nerd pisses me off

etecoon

Smash Hero
That's pretty bs, the brawl community is probably one of the better ones compared to the ones out there. If he's gonna ***** about the brawl community I hope he doesn't get into any other game competitively, lmfao

I'm glad this prick is leaving the game; the nerd pisses me off
I feel bad for him more than anything, as amazing at smash as he is he's pretty inept with a lot of other things and I think those kinds of statements are just the result of stress cause by those things like a completely horrible ability to manage money or being too trusting of people. I don't think he really thinks that negatively of everyone in the smash community he just overreacts when one or two people betray him because he trusted them too much to begin with

Looool you haven't heard the Colorado M2K stories yet.
?

RATED

Smash Lord
That's pretty bs, the brawl community is probably one of the better ones compared to the ones out there.
-___- is not. The whole " if you don't live in USA, you automatically suck" makes the brawl community stupid most of the time. Even though brawl is not the only community to do so, I remember that at a livestream of SF, someone at the venue( I think) screamed
" sayonara *****" to Daigo and that's mad disrespectful if you ask me.

Not everyone is like that, so that's cool.

-___- is not. The whole " if you don't live in USA, you automatically suck" makes the brawl community stupid most of the time. Even though brawl is not the only community to do so, I remember that at a livestream of SF, someone at the venue( I think) screamed
" sayonara *****" to Daigo and that's mad disrespectful if you ask me.

Not everyone is like that, so that's cool.
Yep, yep. You have to split the community into groups.

Casual
Competitive
Hackers
Scrubs
High Tier
Low Tier
Trolls
Newbies
Hardcore

The thing is that you can be any combination of these terms which creates a very dynamic commiunity.

Then you have the melee and smash64 combinations.

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
If you've ever been into the community for source, 1.6, cod4, ca, bs, or any other fps then there is constant trash talking and cheating going on in the games. In every scrim there's always disrespect, trust me I know. One of the reasons I actually quit fps was because of the terrible communities.. brawl is pretty good.

I went to my first tournament on sat and everyone was welcoming, friendly, and just nice in general

You can't cheat in Brawl, so hackers are gone which probably ruins a majority of the game's fun and causes doubt within the community

Overall it isn't bad, Id say its pretty good

etecoon

Smash Hero
like I said, he tends to overreact and go emo like that, just because he went off and said he was going to quit doesn't mean he actually is

I was with CoD Reflex. It was alright, but plenty of people complained and many ragequit. More so than brawl during wifi. I mean by hackers of the textures, brawl+/-, those type of things.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
none sadly even tho we ***** a lot of people.:(
FUUUUUUUUUUUU i wanted to see em cuz my friend has a legit diddy andn my dubz partner recently took at the least a 6 month hiatus from brawl </3 wanted to see some tactics to see how it would work >.<

I was with CoD Reflex. It was alright, but plenty of people complained and many ragequit. More so than brawl during wifi. I mean by hackers of the textures, brawl+/-, those type of things.
Well....

Casual:
They wouldn't care about the lag. They wouldn't recognize the defensive favor also.

Competitive:
That's us. We know what's with brawl and pretty much everything inside and outside of the game. We also know the secrets and facts about it.

Hackers:
These people....
- Like to put characters they'd want in brawl
- Don't like Brawl so they would modify it

Scrubs:
These people are just...

And all others are explanatory. I like Brawl. Melee's fighting was sharper but brawl has the variety, fun and it still has competitive content. Just because the physics were slower and the defensive characters have the advantage, it doesn't stop the game from being fun for all of us.

Savon

Smash Ace
Have you ever asked a melee player who they use? They almost ALWAYS say the same 4-5 people.

Me: You play melee?
Melee Player: Yeah
Me: Who do you main?
Melee Player: You main fox and falco. I also use Marth and a little bit of Sheik and Falcon on the side.
Me: ........

That exact convo has happened at least 5-6 times.

Underload

Lazy
Well, yeah. There are about 8 viable characters in Melee. 4/13 isn't bad for a competitive fighter. Now MvC 2, THAT'S a hellhole of a character pool.

And besides, Brawl has, like, 10 viable characters.

etecoon

Smash Hero
it's funny that brawl has more viable characters because it's the brawl community that's always freaking out wanting characters and strategies banned, it says a lot about this community.

Reyney

Smash Apprentice
Well....

Casual:
They wouldn't care about the lag. They wouldn't recognize the defensive favor also.

Competitive:
That's us. We know what's with brawl and pretty much everything inside and outside of the game. We also know the secrets and facts about it.

Hackers:
These people....
- Like to put characters they'd want in brawl
- Don't like Brawl so they would modify it

Scrubs:
These people are just...

And all others are explanatory. I like Brawl. Melee's fighting was sharper but brawl has the variety, fun and it still has competitive content. Just because the physics were slower and the defensive characters have the advantage, it doesn't stop the game from being fun for all of us.
i think this opinion isnt really up tp date.
the mobile characters with more offensive potential are on the way up imo.

RATED

Smash Lord
Melee characters: Fox, Falco, Jiggs, Marth, Sheik, Peach, Falcon, Ganon, Samus and Dr.Mario ( to a certain point)

I main Jiggs in melee and 2nd marth , for low tiers I play pikachu. Then they made jiggs pure crap in Brawl :(

I was stupidly happy that MK was going to be at brawl, Brawl made me dislike Metaknight(even he is still a cool character) I was a MK main from March 2008 to September 2008. I actually did pretty good with him considering how new I was to a community that at that time everyone where from like 2004-2005 melee players that know A LOT MORE than me about smash in that time. Then I saw how awesome DDD and Snake were and I changed mains, then I got stopped using DDD at tourneys

Top Bottom