• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

ErikG

Smash Ace
I know etecoon, Yume, Darkshadow (TofuM), Bizkit, Fatal, Mikeray4, NEPro, and Adam Gibson all in the real world. Oh NE, and all of our Snakes.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Haha, thats good. You scare me as much as any internet forum guy can. I think your current/past avatar may have had something to do with it...

But I'm a n00b! You have to hate me!
lol I shouldn't be scary...

maybe when I had the pyramid head avatar but piccolo is like the only sane character in DBZ, everyone else is bat **** insane and he's like the only voice of reason...later on anyway, not talking about his whole "leave 4 year old in middle of the wilderness to teach them to fend for themselves" phase <_<

I remember one of etecoons past avatars was some dog dressed to look like ameratsu from okami. This was back when I lurked more then I do now and was pretty much an ******* noob, which I guess I still am.
YEAH, I loved that one, I've had a few okami related avatars it's one of my favorite games ever. anyone who hasn't played it should get it. haven't played the wii version yet so idk if the motion controls ruined it or not though

I keep wanting to mistake you for another snake from my region, C.Awesum because we all call him sauce for short lol

Also speaking of negative vibes, I really dislike the general fadiness and conversations that go on in the Rob boards. There are a few that stand out such as Chibo, Stingers, Tommy, and partially Mr. Eric and TV but thats not enough to get me interested or involved with that crowd. Atleast not yet.
like every ROB I've seen has a really weird dry sense of humor where sometimes you can't tell if they're being serious...stingers is the only one I really know much though

actually lol etecoon appears nicer than most people here and snake boards are actually nice with each other. So snake boards is a nice board to hang and Wolf boards too <3
I can come off as abrasive but it has nothing to do with your post count or join date, I'm not the kind to judge on silly **** like that, for all I know that might not even be your first account(this isn't mine). but yeah I don't hate you I just state things bluntly sometimes. I've only ever had a serious beef with one person here and he's like 15 so I don't hold it against him really

and post counts are dumb anyway, I have 1400 posts in this topic that are just babbling about other video games, anime, music...stuff that has nothing to do with brawl, it's just an indicator of boredom

Toad in the game?

Fighting Peach?

FIGHTING HER SPECIAL?
Yup :awesome:

Peach: Protect me Toad!!
Toad: Punch
Peach's toad: Asdfghjkl;

and? I never said it was more balanced mathematically, I said it had more viable characters.

brawl is still less interesting having 2x as many viable characters anyway, just too campy and slow. and I'm not buying the offense hype either, in SOME situations the game does favor a more aggressive stance so it is good to have but defense is more important overall. the best characters ideally can do some of both(i.e. not snake LOL)
I don't mind about the whole defense favor. In fact, I like it.
I dont see why people are against the whole campy/slow thing with brawl, I actually prefer it to be honest :l
This 100x

By the way, Roll is awesome in TvC :3

ErikG

Smash Ace
So my favorite game is Shadow of the Colossus. I might buy a PS3 for the remake.
Discuss my fiscal irresponsibility.

talk about that snake yo
Let us go over how bad of a character he really is in the air.

Recovering high.
Pulling grenades is incredibly stupid except to change momentum. Pulling grenades too early is not safe because you have a freaking grenade half your body length up. That leaves snake's bottom exposed to attack and it is not that hard to space to avoid the grenade. Pull a grenade without b-reversal, you whould get punished for doing that. Fastfall -> airdodge or fastfall -> bair is probably snake's best recovery method.

So my favorite game is Shadow of the Colossus. I might buy a PS3 for the remake.
Discuss my fiscal irresponsibility.
Not unlike many others who spent hundreds of dollars for the first ps3 with motor cross. Shadow of the colossus was an interesting game to watch people play. Wish I could find it.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I enjoyed Shadow of the Colossus a great deal. I don't see where people get moved by the awesome, super artistic surroundings. I mean, they were nice and all but it's nothing to brag about. The actual Colossus and the battles with them is where the game shines. Man, the speed runs on the hardest difficulty make me rage so much haha. I love all the tactics to beat them fast though.

My favorite game is probably Chrono Trigger. It's close with FF VI and Bahamut Lagoon.

etecoon

Smash Hero
SotC is really good but in terms of atmosphere I think it's outdone by its predecessor ICO...in general actually I would say I think ICO is a better game but SotC did some things really well, I can't think of any other game that's had that kind of sense of scale with bosses

I might buy a PS3 eventually to get the last guardian and other things, or maybe a 360...idk, but I actually can now that I've retired and I'm not wasting $30-50 a week going to tournaments : )

Majora's Mask is my favorite game ever. I don't understand why people consider OoT to be the pinnacle of the zelda series and it makes me sad that they just keep trying to emulate that over and over again :/

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
SotC is really good but in terms of atmosphere I think it's outdone by its predecessor ICO...in general actually I would say I think ICO is a better game but SotC did some things really well, I can't think of any other game that's had that kind of sense of scale with bosses

I might buy a PS3 eventually to get the last guardian and other things, or maybe a 360...idk, but I actually can now that I've retired and I'm not wasting $30-50 a week going to tournaments : )

Majora's Mask is my favorite game ever. I don't understand why people consider OoT to be the pinnacle of the zelda series and it makes me sad that they just keep trying to emulate that over and over again :/
=3 I second that bit about Majora's Mask. Aside from the original Super Smash Bros. it was one of the first N64 games I played.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
For Zelda, I'm biased since I've never played Majora's Mask. I actually really really wanted to play it back in the day.

I kinda want to play Ico too. I heard it was more puzzles compared to SotC. This true? I do like puzzle games. Oh! That reminds me, I kinda wanna play that warp game too - the one where you shoot something and it makes a rift in space and you appear... I can't really put what I'm thinking into words. It's all puzzle though.

ErikG

Smash Ace
Zelda: MM, WW and OoT are tied for second.

I never played Ico, but I'll get the remake when I buy myself a PS3 (perhaps I should sell my xbox).

I'm buying a 3DS for the paper mario and MGS3.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
For Zelda, I'm biased since I've never played Majora's Mask. I actually really really wanted to play it back in the day.

I kinda want to play Ico too. I heard it was more puzzles compared to SotC. This true? I do like puzzle games. Oh! That reminds me, I kinda wanna play that warp game too - the one where you shoot something and it makes a rift in space and you appear... I can't really put what I'm thinking into words. It's all puzzle though.
Are you thinking of portal by any chance? ;-;

etecoon

Smash Hero

yeah ICO is more puzzles than SotC, less bosses(only one boss really and it's nothing like SotC's epic monsters)

get MM on virtual console or something!

RATED

Smash Lord
Zelda: MM, WW and OoT are tied for second.

I never played Ico, but I'll get the remake when I buy myself a PS3 (perhaps I should sell my xbox).

I'm buying a 3DS for the paper mario and MGS3.
sell that Xbox. Buy a PS3= win

Is ICO that good? I havent played it, but everyone that has played it tells me that is awesome.

The remake is out? if not, what's the release date?

etecoon

Smash Hero
ICO is an extreme love it or hate it game, few people end up towards the middle of that spectrum

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Are you thinking of portal by any chance? ;-;
YES! Thank you! That's the game haha. It looked pretty interesting. Not the most action packed, but I want to give it a try. Too bad I'm never gonna buy it unless it's for $1.

yeah ICO is more puzzles than SotC, less bosses(only one boss really and it's nothing like SotC's epic monsters)

get MM on virtual console or something!
ICO is an extreme love it or hate it game, few people end up towards the middle of that spectrum
Does Ico have anything to do with SotC? I know in Ico there's a girl and a guy. I've heard to people refer to the SotC character as Wander from Ico? I kinda wish they elaborated on the story more: who is the girl, what happened to her, what happens after
Wander becomes a "colossus" and gets sucked up the portal.
I know nothing about the story. Also, scaling the temple with the conservative stamina trick is pretty fun.

My fav song from the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-g1ncoKihw
I also have a breakbeat version of that song, but the user himself got banned/removed from youtubszorz.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Does Ico have anything to do with SotC? I know in Ico there's a girl and a guy. I've heard to people refer to the SotC character as Wander from Ico? I kinda wish they elaborated on the story more: who is the girl, what happened to her, what happens after
Wander becomes a "colossus" and gets sucked up the portal.[spoilers] I know nothing about the story. Also, scaling the temple with the conservative stamina trick is pretty fun.
there is no direct connection, none of the characters are the same. it's theorized that there is a very kind of ambiguous hint that SotC may be a prequel, but they aren't directly related and are essentially their own entities

speaking of music, my favorite theme from Ico, much different style than SotC, more ambient electronic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDcDrwfFvdc

ErikG

Smash Ace
SotC is the prequel to ICO.

Wander basically starts a lineage of horned children. People offer horned children as sacrifices.
Many years after Wander, the kid from ICO is sent to be offered. ICO happens.

edit: at least this is the general theory/guess

Boba Fett = 2nd Best Character in Star Wars (Best is Han Solo)

My texture list:

Snake:
Neutral - Boba Fett
Red - Albert Wesker
Blue - Never will be replaced by a texture/model
Green - Naked Snake
White - Old Snake
Tiger - Chris Redfield

etecoon

Smash Hero
I currently have

standard - olive drab big boss
blue - big boss
red - hulk hogan
desert - boba fett
green - moss
leopard - shirtless naked snake w/suspenders

could probably use a better red texture, maybe blue too. there's a lui kang texture on kcmm but the download is only a pac, no pcs...

etecoon

Smash Hero
yeah I can see where that would improve this game a lot

Meta Knight: hyuyayayayayaya!

Snake: ...

*caps MK in the head*

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I've been being gay with ICs lately. Hobbling is hilarious. I'm thinking about using Pocket ICs against those MUs I know ICs does really well in but annoys us such as D3, Falco, Olimar etc.

etecoon

Smash Hero
IC's are broken at mid to mid high level play. much more so than MK, diddy, or snake, if you have the tech skill to do their grabs and desyncs consistently they require a lot less thought to beat non top players IMO

I can't decide what color I want to use lol

need them all in one post

to compare them

Top Bottom