• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I used to main Captain Falcon in Melee and then I switched over to Brawl and was horribly disappointed. I almost quit because I thought I wouldnt find a main but I tried Snake and he stuck. Now I use D3 more in tourney though but still use Snake plenty.

Man if Falcon was like mid tier I would have mained him in Brawl.

Falcon just didn't feel right in Brawl. The physics are against him.
I don't know. I think he fits in nicely. He just has a horrible moveset with a few excellent moves. Uair, jabs, and throws are probably the best thing he has. From his jabs he can lead into throws which can set-up nicely for his Uair. After that it's all about trying to work to get in or punish properly. Probably with a few hard reads in as well like a few random raptor boosts and kicks. I would certainly pick him over ganon or jigglypuff.

Jiggypuff was at her prime in melee. Her ground and aerials along with her combos are awesome.

I was about to main MK before I went to Snake but something stopped me from using MK. I don't know what it is... I'm just glad I'm not using a ridiculously good character.

I feel bad for the characters who nerfed such as Jigglypuff, Fox, Falcon, Ganondorf and Samus.

About brawl (When it wasn't released) I was hoping they'd put Sonic, Toad and Megaman to get in. I was happy that Sonic got in. When Snake got in, I was shocked. Toad is so underrated :(

etecoon

Smash Hero
Brawl has like 11 more character than Melee, c'mon.
and? I never said it was more balanced mathematically, I said it had more viable characters.

brawl is still less interesting having 2x as many viable characters anyway, just too campy and slow. and I'm not buying the offense hype either, in SOME situations the game does favor a more aggressive stance so it is good to have but defense is more important overall. the best characters ideally can do some of both(i.e. not snake LOL)

napZzz

Smash Hero
I dont see why people are against the whole campy/slow thing with brawl, I actually prefer it to be honest :l

etecoon

Smash Hero
it's partly character dependent, it's harder to stomach with MK because he has no projectile so his kind of camping is reactive and passive. snake is more fun for me but it's also more frustrating, especially because half the cast outcamps snake anyway and then you're stuck trying to rely on his horrible approach game

either way though I'd prefer a game where being aggressive isn't a suicidal strategy

Reyney

Smash Apprentice
Use Dair more.
this. i ***** a lot of spot dodges and shields with dair.
im expierimenting with dj dair also LOL ..i think it can have some uses.
im omplementing it in my techchase game too. sometimes it covers a lot of options.

it's partly character dependent, it's harder to stomach with MK because he has no projectile so his kind of camping is reactive and passive. snake is more fun for me but it's also more frustrating, especially because half the cast outcamps snake anyway and then you're stuck trying to rely on his horrible approach game

either way though I'd prefer a game where being aggressive isn't a suicidal strategy
u actually dont need to approach. it must just look like ur going to. controle the stage. if u are in a good position, like walking towards them when they are standing at the ledge,just throw out ftilt 1 and they get nervous lol

etecoon

Smash Hero
run in and shield out of his grab range, either he finishes ftilt and it's a free punish, he rolls away which is simply a reset for most characters, he does something else that is stupid and punishable like spot dodging or attacking again, or he tries to dash grab which will lose to most OOS aerials

ftilt =/= effective bait

or they can just continue camping you. especially if they're a character that can be airborn while spamming, snake's ability to punish things off the ground while blocking projectiles is nearly nonexistent. if I'm toon link I'm really not worried about you walking at me, your tilts are going to miss me anyway, what are you going to do JUMP at me? LOL

alright a new way to gimp falco fox when they side b. i was thinking of new ways to implement footstooling into my game and i came up with jabbed them out of phantasm and then ran off the edge and footstooled them. It seems to work pretty well although it is hard to time. Could also be used on other characters when we lay them down at the edge. If you can get it working power to you

Reyney

Smash Apprentice
@ ete
yeah counter that stupid, not knowing anything noob with your theory craft. how can he know something? look at his postcounter!!LMAO
i baited the **** outta people with ftilt one.
yes i play experienced people,too. i have power ranked ppl #1 and #6 in my crew.
and played a lot of other top players, too.
so im considering EXPERIENCES into my posts..
damn how i hate that theory craft..
and i hate it how ppl with a low post counter are treated like mentally disabled.

i won't answer to your other theory crafting ****, too. youre talking as if toon links spamming is like an unbeatable wall for snake ...thats just not true. what ever. this conversation just ended for me.

RATED

Smash Lord
I used to main Captain Falcon in Melee and then I switched over to Brawl and was horribly disappointed. I almost quit because I thought I wouldnt find a main but I tried Snake and he stuck. Now I use D3 more in tourney though but still use Snake plenty.

Man if Falcon was like mid tier I would have mained him in Brawl.
I dislike falcon, I don't get all the hype about him.(melee)

combos that are a Hit then a large hiatus in hitstun...................................... another hit...................another hit, dead opponent. He just look flashy. Even though playing against him is fun.

They ***** Falcon in brawl. He doesnt feel right here.

I dont see why people are against the whole campy/slow thing with brawl, I actually prefer it to be honest :l
^The game is so slow that even when you are feeling sluggish and slow on controls, you can still do reletively well. In melee, I feel like unless I am actually thinking really hard or performing well, you will just get *****. But then again, I am a brawl player trying to use a high concentration character like marth against throw out hitboxes that are fox and falco.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I don't understand why they nerfed characters who weren't even that great to begin with. Melee samus wasn't broken. Why'd they have to make her so weak in brawl. Falcon, not overpowered either. I miss melee and I'd practice it, but I can't find my disc anywhere.

EY made a comment about that once before. It seemed to him that after looking at frame data, production of the game never went through any final balancing process. If you look at that thread I made regarding the dthrow tech roll frames, you will see that marth is the only character who starts invicibility on frame 5. Everyone else starts on frame 1 exactly. Also, there were a lot of other weird things like some characters had longer animations, but it was corrected by an IASA frame. Why not just make every characters animation the same length regardless?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I don't understand why they nerfed characters who weren't even that great to begin with. Melee samus wasn't broken. Why'd they have to make her so weak in brawl. Falcon, not overpowered either. I miss melee and I'd practice it, but I can't find my disc anywhere.
Brawl Samus has legit combos though. gotta <3 that.

etecoon

Smash Hero
@ ete
yeah counter that stupid, not knowing anything noob with your theory craft. how can he know something? look at his postcounter!!LMAO
i baited the **** outta people with ftilt one.
yes i play experienced people,too. i have power ranked ppl #1 and #6 in my crew.
and played a lot of other top players, too.
so im considering EXPERIENCES into my posts..
damn how i hate that theory craft..
and i hate it how ppl with a low post counter are treated like mentally disabled.

i won't answer to your other theory crafting ****, too. youre talking as if toon links spamming is like an unbeatable wall for snake ...thats just not true. what ever. this conversation just ended for me.
LOL

10lols

RATED

Smash Lord
Reyney: welcome to smashboards, where if you don't have a big post count you are not cool, oh and you have to write big essays about a videogame in order to get "rep" or fame like that guy with a pink name who's name starts with B who's post are ******** for example.

etecoon

Smash Hero
you know normally we just ignore anyone who doesn't have at least 1,000 posts like they were some kind of disease, you should consider yourself lucky!

Reyney

Smash Apprentice
first im not refering to everyone here.
it just seems like that the posts of "newbies" hardly get any attention.
i rarely see well-intentioned answers to them or even an agreement or disagreement
in comparison to posts of well known people and post counter hunting ppl respectively.

perhaps some of you do this unintentionally..whatever it just catched my eye.
again, this is not adressed to the whole board. but for example to etecoon, who gives the impression of being extremely arrogant. (towards newbies at least.)

now hate me

* im not saying "newbies" have massive knowledge or anything. id just like to see the contributions of them, being discussed rather than being stomped into the ground.

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
I'm an accomplished lurker, add like +1000 to my post count.

again, this is not adressed to the whole board. but for example to etecoon, who gives the impression of being extremely arrogant. (towards newbies at least.)

* im not saying "newbies" have massive knowledge or anything. id just like to see the contributions of them, being discussed rather than being stomped into the ground.
Do you have any ideas?

Also, etecoon seemed like that to me too, but I think he's fine with me (Please?)

etecoon

Smash Hero
I never said anything about you lol, I just felt like that was an erroneous argument. you're the one who shot down my entire post as being just theorycraft, obviously nothing I say is based on experience either right

@nades: I don't recall ever having an issue with you? I like you lol

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
Haha, thats good. You scare me as much as any internet forum guy can. I think your current/past avatar may have had something to do with it...

But I'm a n00b! You have to hate me!

awsomesauce

Smash Apprentice
I remember one of etecoons past avatars was some dog dressed to look like ameratsu from okami. This was back when I lurked more then I do now and was pretty much an ******* noob, which I guess I still am.

Also speaking of negative vibes, I really dislike the general fadiness and conversations that go on in the Rob boards. There are a few that stand out such as Chibo, Stingers, Tommy, and partially Mr. Eric and TV but thats not enough to get me interested or involved with that crowd. Atleast not yet.

RATED

Smash Lord
i rarely see well-intentioned answers to them or even an agreement or disagreement
in comparison to posts of well known people and post counter hunting ppl respectively.

now hate me

actually lol etecoon appears nicer than most people here and snake boards are actually nice with each other. So snake boards is a nice board to hang and Wolf boards too <3

Also speaking of negative vibes, I really dislike the general fadiness and conversations that go on in the Rob boards. There are a few that stand out such as Chibo, Stingers, Tommy, and partially Mr. Eric and TV but thats not enough to get me interested or involved with that crowd. Atleast not yet.
I hate ICs boards. That's one place that I just lurk the important things and that's it.

You can stand only the well-known rob players from USA. LOL!

------------

people here who gives me the "he seems cool that I would like to know IRL" vibe that I can remember are: Inf3rn(I don't want to summon him right now) , Havok, Yume, Goldenadept, Fatal, DEHF, CO18, X, Gates and Choice.

You have to wonder when you have too many posts on smashboards. 6000 posts in 2 years... Hours playing smash... I could have spent my time doing other things. This stuff is addicting.

Savon

Smash Ace
People always say that, but what else could you have been doing? Watching TV? Touching yourself? Sleeping? What matters is that you enjoy what you do with your time.

napZzz

Smash Hero
as long as what I do in my time is something I enjoy I dont really give a flying **** what it is

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I like have this nerdy side to me. Of course life is balanced and not just all smash, but it's still cool hobby. You really meet some chill people just by playing them.

Also, Samus boards is nice but terribly terribly dead and inactive.

People always say that, but what else could you have been doing? Watching TV? Touching yourself? Sleeping? What matters is that you enjoy what you do with your time.
as long as what I do in my time is something I enjoy I dont really give a flying **** what it is
I love reading the forums for all of those random tidbits you sometimes find, and I like discussing stuff even though I have no idea what I am talking about :awesome: I also like trying to help people learn to play better if I can somehow help in anyway.

However, I also hate being on here because I want to do other things, but when it comes to doing it, I feel like getting back on smash related stuff.
I like have this nerdy side to me. Of course life is balanced and not just all smash, but it's still cool hobby. You really meet some chill people just by playing them.

Also, Samus boards is nice but terribly terribly dead and inactive.
This is why smash is so great. It can be super serious, or it can be that party game it was invented to be. Can you play russian roulette with G&W? Bom-omb evasion in sudden death? Or flying snake aerial battles? Can you really get that playing other competitive games?

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
\Can you play russian roulette with G&W? Bom-omb evasion in sudden death?
Haha, my casual friends do this! They make a box room with 1 block open, wait for the bom-omb and see who can last the longest without getting star KOed. Haha, I always win though cause they have no tech skill and can't tech the walls. Needless to say, they still wonder why I win all the time even if fighting isn't involved :p

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru

now hate me

I know etecoon IRL and he's a really nice guy. He may appear to be arrogance to you, but that is just not true. He is also very knowledgable about this game so what he says is probably true.

Haha, my casual friends do this! They make a box room with 1 block open, wait for the bom-omb and see who can last the longest without getting star KOed. Haha, I always win though cause they have no tech skill and can't tech the walls. Needless to say, they still wonder why I win all the time even if fighting isn't involved :p
lol I do those things from time to time because it is hilarious to do at times. Let me guess, you DI the bom-omb blasts down all the time ;)
I know etecoon IRL and he's a really nice guy. He may appear to be arrogance to you, but that is just not true. He is also very knowledgable about this game so what he says is probably true.
This sounds like drama... and this is not the peach boards or tier list thread :awesome:

Top Bottom