• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

RATED

Smash Lord
is someone open to do this interview thread? it would be great.

I could but I don't have as much "contact" with the community since I don't know any of you IRL or attend to the same tourneys as you do.

I would love to be interviewed though since most people here don't know me or nothing about me at all.

*look at my location*

edit: Nappy, yes GOlden Sun DS Hype!

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
if we do an interview we need to make sure it doesn't turn out as fail as the Falcon Board's interview thread...

I have never had much problems with math before, but now a simple concept is kicking my arse. Cylindrical shells. I can find the integral's limits and taken with respect to which coordinate axis, but the shell radius and shell height is something I cannot grasp. The logic makes no sense.

Edit: Interview thread, bad idea. Do not use it. People WILL ask dumb questions like "Would you bare my children?" or "What sort of steak do you like?" Something stupid like that always pops up.

ErikG

Smash Ace
I have never had much problems with math before, but now a simple concept is kicking my arse. Cylindrical shells. I can find the integral's limits and taken with respect to which coordinate axis, but the shell radius and shell height is something I cannot grasp. The logic makes no sense.
The height is the function itself. The radius is dx (or the limits of integration).

RATED

Smash Lord

Edit: Interview thread, bad idea. Do not use it. People WILL ask dumb questions like "Would you bare my children?" or "What sort of steak do you like?" Something stupid like that always pops up.
this is not Sonic boards -___-

I think I said cuz I believe that if we compare this boards to the others, we are the most serious most of the time. That being said I believe a interview thread can be done in this boards.

also they can ask those questions, it won't kill people.

the only weird topic that we tend to bring up is about WEED. *weed*

The height is the function itself. The radius is dx (or the limits of integration).
That was what I am having problems with. Determining which of say two functions I should actually be using. Say I have the functions y = x and y = x^2. And I have to rotate it around x = -1.

This means I will have to take the integral with respect to x from 0 to 1. Now, I think the shell radius is x + 1. Since the general pattern I was seeing was x - (axis of rotation), or x - (-1) = X + 1. The shell height I am not so sure of. The pattern I want to say is the upper bound function minus the lower bound function, so y = x is taller than y=x^2 from 0 to 1, so I would think the radius height is (x)-(x^2). THe end result would be
integrating 2*(pi)*(x+1)*{(x)-(x^2)} dx from 0 to 1. But, I think this is wrong.

this is not Sonic boards -___-

I think I said cuz I believe that if we compare this boards to the others, we are the most serious most of the time. That being said I believe a interview thread can be done in this boards.

also they can ask those questions, it won't kill people.

the only weird topic that we tend to bring up is about WEED. *weed*
I suppose that i more bareable than baring someone's kids.

Flayl

Smash Hero
When you are playing online, do you try to hit confirm Jab1 and FTilt1? if not, what do you usually do?

Underload

Lazy
Stuff that requires tight control should be ignored on wifi. It's kind of the sad truth :/

When I played wifi, I just went for straight ftilts. No jabs at all.

etecoon

Smash Hero
wifi is bad

but if you must play, yeah, don't hit confirm anything, generally the more refined your gameplay is the more wifi is going to punish you for it

If you have wifail, then you should do that. But if you had winfi, like I did, then you should to that complex motor skillz. Ledge to reverse nade on stage like allah all day.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord

ErikG

Smash Ace
That was what I am having problems with. Determining which of say two functions I should actually be using. Say I have the functions y = x and y = x^2. And I have to rotate it around x = -1.

This means I will have to take the integral with respect to x from 0 to 1. Now, I think the shell radius is x + 1. Since the general pattern I was seeing was x - (axis of rotation), or x - (-1) = X + 1. The shell height I am not so sure of. The pattern I want to say is the upper bound function minus the lower bound function, so y = x is taller than y=x^2 from 0 to 1, so I would think the radius height is (x)-(x^2). THe end result would be
integrating 2*(pi)*(x+1)*{(x)-(x^2)} dx from 0 to 1. But, I think this is wrong.
that sounds right.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
isaac was given a sliver of the golden suns power during the conclusion of the 2nd game
he also has a bad *** son
and he has a beard now

i think the facts speak for themselves

SuSa

Banned via Administration
"Things Fall Apart" turned me into a racist.

• Set in Africa
  • Early 1900's? I actually skipped chapter 1 (didn't need to read it) but they have guns and are just getting colonized by Britian.... soo......... I think that's right? // too lazy to check

Summary of the book:
You follow a man, Okonkwo through his life. The troubles of his people, his childhood - what made him the ****** he is today, blah blah blah.

Summary of things that happen: (contains spoilers)

• Constant beating of wives
  • Multiple wives.
  • Beating of disobediant children.
  • Beating of family just because you're pissed off.
  • Someone kill a girl from your village? Require them to give you a young boy and a virgin or you go to war. Virgin becomes wife of guy's girl who was killed. Young boy is sent to live with Okonkwo.
  • In war, you take human heads.
  • 3 years later, young boy and Okonkwo have become very close, like father and son. Oh - but now they decide to kill him. Father kills son-yet-not-son so as not to seem weak. What an *******.
  • During a celebration Okonkwo's gun blows up, killing a 16 year old boy. For this he is exiled from the clan for 7 years.
  • Christianity missionaries come and convert the lower ranked members of the clan, the outcasts, and the poor clansmen.
  • Okonkwo is pissed off and cuts off a mother ****ers head like the ****** he is.
  • Okonkwo goes and hangs himself in a tree. Hang. Need I point this out more?

etecoon

Smash Hero
I don't see all that as being unusual, look at any cultures history and you'll find that kind of stuff, the whole human species is ****ed up really

etecoon

Smash Hero
I know that's what you meant

I just don't see how that's unique to africans? the **** that went on in dark ages and feudal europe makes that dude look soft

humans are just brutal, murderous animals at heart, especially if you've been raised in poverty

napZzz

Smash Hero
On a real note, I'm racist against anyone who goes out of their way to ignorantly portray stereotypes and be ridiculously racist against themselves almost

if you dont know what I mean then its not worth explaining

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
there's 72 djinn in the new one, some old ones and some new.
but they all have unique appearances now. :D

weapons gain XP as you fight and once they've gotten enough you unlock their special unleashes :O
bows were added as well but they are so good compared to long swords or axes.

ask away, i know it all :3

Top Bottom