• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I've seen utilt work. I don't think Lucas (and maybe Ness) always get released the same distance away from Snake though. I've seen Lucas end up close enough to Snake so that they were touching, and I've also seen Lucas be far enough away to not get utilted.

I've seen utilt work. I don't think Lucas (and maybe Ness) always get released the same distance away from Snake though. I've seen Lucas end up close enough to Snake so that they were touching, and I've also seen Lucas be far enough away to not get utilted.
That was something I noticed when testing grab releases. I could never explain it properly though. Everytime I tried it against the CPU, lucas and ness would always go at various lengths. Whenever I tried against a human though, they would always end up at a distance. The only thing I know for sure is that ness releases closer to lucas, and even at the fartherst distance, Utilt always works. So against Lucas I would just Ftilt, but I forgot about Dtilt, so I will have to remember that.

Anyone know why characters ground release at different lengths? I looked at various things, but again, I didn't find a pattern.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266189
I guess you could add what I tested on Ganon for your crouch list. However, I would chance up some stuff since I said that so long ago it needs to be revised a bit.

Crouch will evade this of Ganon's:
Warlock Punch, Grounded DownB, Ftilt, Jab, Dsmash, grab, dash grab for sure. The aerials have to be revised as I was told that it is possible with Uair, and if that is true I may ahve messed up with fair and bair as well.

I have to say I have not looked at that for awhile, and that is the most extensive and complete guide I have ever seen.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
That was something I noticed when testing grab releases. I could never explain it properly though. Everytime I tried it against the CPU, lucas and ness would always go at various lengths. Whenever I tried against a human though, they would always end up at a distance. The only thing I know for sure is that ness releases closer to lucas, and even at the fartherst distance, Utilt always works. So against Lucas I would just Ftilt, but I forgot about Dtilt, so I will have to remember that.

Anyone know why characters ground release at different lengths? I looked at various things, but again, I didn't find a pattern.
IIRC, if ness or lucas breaks a grab less than 7 frames from a pummel, then they release far away so that they can avoid ftilt and utilt (maybe dtilt can hit?). And Utilt has more range that Ftilt1 so it wouldnt make sense to say that Ftilt will hit but Utilt wouldn't

Lucas just needs to hold Up to avoid the utilt.
Thats wrong.

etecoon

Smash Hero
very good so far, only real complaint is the completely unecessary use of motion controls. nintendo's penchant for shoving this gimmick down our throats is seriously annoying

napZzz

Smash Hero
lets hope the next nintendo system doesn't include any stupid **** like the wii did

at least thats what I hope for

etecoon

Smash Hero
I'd hope but I have to doubt it, the DS and wii have outsold their predecessors, and their competition by far too much. and at this point I don't think it really matters to me personally, nintendo's whole direction over the past 4-5 years is just...they've completely lost me. even without motion control problems, if a new zelda or metroid game is announced, I can't even say that I'm that hyped about it because the games aren't that good anymore, mario is always hit or miss, and they decided that starfox and f-zero don't need to exist now

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I miss the old Nintendo.

Talking Duck Hunt and ****.

Oh, and SNES was the best system ever. Secret of Evermore, LoZ: ALttP, Mario Paint, Killer Instinct, Paperboy, *insert nearly any game here*

Nowadays it's "What can we dish out in under a year that will sell like hotcakes when it's a piece of garbage but it has the name of it's totally awesome predecessors and so everyone will buy it anyways?"

I mean....

Link.
On a train?

=| I have given up hopes in you Nintendo.

Also now that I think about it. 98% of all games suck. Dreamcast had some pretty chill games until it was run into the ground. PS2 had some a'ight games and the only racing game I ever enjoyed (Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero), and well......

****. Why do all games suck nowadays. Have I finally outgrown my childhood gamer phase? If so I want back!

I feel distressed and can't sleep at night because of this. (ノ ゚Д゚)ノ

napZzz

Smash Hero
the snes produced my favorite game

FF III, but the remake on GBA is better

not really a remake, but w/e

I read about some rule where typically 90% of games never cover their production costs. It's the other 10% that does not fail which ends up making all the money.

I agree there is something about retro gaming that is pretty awesome compared to today's games. However, I find there are still many horrible games out there for even the older games. Duck Hunt... Not my thing. It's like Tetris. There is not enough variation in the game for me to like it. I guess the furtherest I am really willing to go back to games is the SNES. Anything not on par or better than it I am not really interested.

napZzz

Smash Hero
FF7 is kind of overhyped alot, but I still think its an amazing rpg that set standards for the future

Underload

Lazy
GBA's always been my favorite system. Weird, huh? FFT:A, Pokemon, Warioware Twisted, the series of Mario rereleases, Superstar Saga, the various ports they had from the NES, maaaaaan. And Metroid Fusion (<3333333)

If we're keeping it to home consoles, I'd honestly say the Gamecube. I grew up with the N64, but the second I got a Gamecube I was amazed by the variety and playability of the games.

Honestly, the 3DS might take the title from the GBA.

edit: No, platform cancelling with C4 really blows. Nothing special.

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
wargasm in my pants how mature I should expect such high level intelligence from immature boys who can't get laid

RATED

Smash Lord
GBA's always been my favorite system. Weird, huh? FFT:A, Pokemon, Warioware Twisted, the series of Mario rereleases, Superstar Saga, the various ports they had from the NES, maaaaaan. And Metroid Fusion (<3333333)

If we're keeping it to home consoles, I'd honestly say the Gamecube. I grew up with the N64, but the second I got a Gamecube I was amazed by the variety and playability of the games.

Honestly, the 3DS might take the title from the GBA.

Golden Sun 1 and 2.

Snes: Megaman X, DK country, Battletoads, Double Dragon, Contra( I still play contra, since I have it on my wii)

NES: Megaman, Mario, balloon fighter, duck hunt and some more. I love you Nes.

N64: Jet for Gemini, Starfox64, Donkey Kong 64 ( as you can't see I am not a fan of Zelda series)

Golden Sun DS: you need to come out. Now.

check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU1TeT04b9A&feature=recentu#

Nagahari(diddy) doing some nasty stuff like 0- to death in a actual tournament match with only one banana! wtf.

Edit: I can't see the hype about FF7, the only great thing that it has is Sephiroth, even though I love Final fantasy crisis core.

My Fav FF: the mother****ing III. I hate: FFIV I ****ing hate you mother****er.

etecoon

Smash Hero
FFVII is probably my favorite FF but it's just as much because most of the other games in the series are horribly flawed as anything, VI and tactics are its only legitimate competition

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Funny that.. I recently completed this game too.

One of my favourite games of all time C:
oh, awesome. this is one of the few rpgs i really enjoyed playing. I'm almost done with my 2nd run through the game. I'm still waiting for the day a sequel will be announced, but I don't think it will happen.

Golden Sun 1 and 2.

Golden Sun DS: you need to come out. Now.
ALL OF THIS.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Yeah the additions system was cool. I also liked that they varied in difficulty too, and some of those additions looked pretty sick too.

RATED

Smash Lord
The only FF game I played was FFX.
Also did the snake boards ever have an interview thread?
I would like to see an interview thread here, but not just interviewing the snakes that places good that don't get here that often, it would be good if the interviewed ones were the regulars to the boards. Just to get to know then a bit more.

Top Bottom