• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
if it actually becomes too prominent the BR will just ban. it nothing to be too worried about.
So they don't ban the super-duper-easy dthrow on Mario/Samus/Luigi/DK, but they'd ban the super-duper-hard one on Snake, Wolf, Bowser, Charizard, and Ivysaur?

Snake's the only character that matters that's unlucky enough to get infinited. :awesome:

They won't ban this, but thankfully I think scrubby TO's will just because most ban his standing infinite anyways... even though this technically isn't a standing infinite.

EDIT:
Bowser gets infinited not Ganon. My bad.

How many holes are in your shoes on either side?
I have 5-6 on both sides.

I think the brawl community is just too badto actually dedicate themselves to something that might take practice

=/
I get tongue tied when I have to do any sort of inputs with my fingers. It took me forever to be able to perform the SHDL with Falco. Even forever more to do the wavedash in melee. Longer still to stop SDing off the stage anytime I tried to go for an edgehog. I never knew there were so many ways to edgehog in melee with marth. I can face the ledge into a SH Bair to grab the ledge. I can also do a poorly timed Bair from a FH missing the ledge into a sweetspotted UpB. I can just do a normal wavedash onto it. I could dash away into a wavedash to edgehog. It was amazing how difficult it was to actually get myself to do an utilt. Only this past month have I started doing actual combos on people that last longer than 2 hits.

I have reached the conclusion that melee is too technical for me to handle. Therefore, I shall keep playing it.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
You're not inputting God Mode correct.

D-Pad:
Up
Up
Down
Down
Left
Right
Left
Right
Pull a grenade
Press A
Press start.

Now Snake has entered God mode. Please note you must wait for each taunt to finish you can't press A to cancel them out fast enough. Also note that it has to be default controls, otherwise it will treat each input as something else. (EG: Putting a taunt to attack will treat the input as A, and not a directional input)

Try it out.

:093:

napZzz

Smash Hero
brawl players dont have any motivation to do anything that actually takes practice. Its sad. Like that diddy infinite, the snl or w/e it was called, its not even that hard especially if you put some practice into it but instead all the diddys are just like O NOT APPLICABLE ENOUGH TOO HARD WAAAHHHHH

I know if I played diddy I'd have that **** on lock...even if its situational that means that sometimes you'll get a free 0-death on something, and i'd rather have that than look back on being lazy

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The BR won't ban that just to reserve those characters.
They certainly didn't do that for Mario, Luigi, Samus, DK , Bowser, Wario, and Ganondorf.

Yes, I remember a vid last year invlolving putting Grab or something on the Cstick to make the infinite work on Wario and Ganondorf.

You know somehing?

That infinite may be stupid, but if it invovles DASH grabs and multiple taps, then that means D3's more likely to trip than any other action.

Still not a good indication of balance.

etecoon

Smash Hero
yes, and yet most TO's ban it anyway, the BBR is a joke and doesn't actually decide anything lol

etecoon

Smash Hero
everyone just second MK and then there isn't a problem

and then main him. snake is booty yo!

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
For shame. At least when I quit competitive Brawl, I didn't conform to MK.
I stuck by with Yoshi and Snake to the end.

If this does show up in tourney, if ever, I predict that D3 will trip quite a bit trying to do this.
I can already imagine a scenario when he trips after the third throw and I can grab hi and do my tech chase.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
that's pretty bad

I thought using AOL would be punishment enough
It is punishment enough, but what makes it torture is having dial-up WHILE using AOL.

lol what? You have to post that infraction or mail it to me.
I'm fine with posting about it here.
I was infracted for allegedly creating the account "Mew2King's Son" and using it to troll people. Well I was told be the admin that gave me the infraction that I shared the same IP adress as the person who created the account, and when they looked to see if that IP matched any other users, it matched mine. The reason it matches mine is because some AOL users, including those not even living in your area, can share the exact same IP address. It also could have happened because someone used a proxy that also matched my IP address, but I think that would be slightly less likely but crazier things have happened. I'm in the process of trying to get the infraction appealed, but yeah that's how I got boned just by using AOL.

tl;dr- read it anyway.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I'd would rather not have an infraction I really do not deserve. Maybe if I mention to you that the infraction was worth 2 points against me...

napZzz

Smash Hero
I've gotten my fair share of infractions, but they eventually go away

I see what you mean by not wanting it just because it wasn't fair tho

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I knew they expire after a while, I like to censor dodge a lot, it's really just how I wasn't fairly infracted that bugs me the most.

Speaking of infractions, someone I know just got one for gallon challenge. Weird night. Now, anyone got anything to note for marth in melee?

another person who dislikes marth v snake...yessss

I dont feel too alone anymore
I wasn't aware that marth vs snake being a pain in the culo was a secret. It's worse than the MK MU IMO. Except for the shuttle loop it's worse in almost every way and marth's up b is still trouble. So stupid touch his shield at 140 or higher and risk dying.

napZzz

Smash Hero
marths oos options vs. you=amazing

snakes oos options vs. marth=lol

I heard snake is in the air a majority of the match vs. marth

I heard snake trying not to be in the air a majority of the match vs. marth
fixed.

Thinking about DDD's infinite grab brings me to new ideas. Snake's pivot grab range is pretty good. If we do the thing ddd does to infinite us after a pummel we could infinite everyone ourselves. I want to do this to every single falco and DDD i meet. What is the frame advantage on someone who gets pummel released.

MrEh

Smash Hero
What is the frame advantage on someone who gets pummel released.
+10 frames of advantage against Ness/Lucas.

-10 Frames of advantage against DK.

No advantage against everyone else.

So no, it's not possible unless it's Ness and Lucas. Trying to do it to DK will get you hit with Dsmash. lol

Marth VS Snake is epic.

You don't get frustrated and it's really a fun match up.

Wario is gay. I don't know how some people can tolerate his gayness

+10 frames of advantage against Ness/Lucas.

-10 Frames of advantage against DK.

No advantage against everyone else.

So no, it's not possible unless it's Ness and Lucas. Trying to do it to DK will get you hit with Dsmash. lol
Thanks mr. eh. knew about the dk thing. Hope you are still hard trolling the zelda boards.

Before you say dthrow, we're at a -1 frame advantage for that. :B
i don't think the grab box would get most characters anyway. I'm betting marth and his wussy throws might benefit from this then.

I love marth vs snake : )
are you the marth in the MU?????

Marth VS Snake is epic.

You don't get frustrated and it's really a fun match up.

Wario is gay. I don't know how some people can tolerate his gayness
I have no idea how you think it is fun unless the marths you play don't know how to play against snake. Feel free to correct me, i dont mean no disrespect. Yeah just started playing wario who air camps hard and it can be such a pain.

Top Bottom