• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

napZzz

Smash Hero
well susa, I know many will come at you asking to see it and you might refuse them for being curious, but if theres one person you should show some **** like that to, it would be me

...or UL

and maybe like yume/xeylode/ran

Show it too UL, nappy, yume, and ran. But not me. I'm nappy's ***** and I do not get to play brawl anymore on account that everyone here in madison hates it with a passion and I am stuck playing melee.
[spoilers](Which I have a hint I am getting better at, but the moment I start saying "I am getting better" instead of my usual inner voice hatred of "xeylode, you suck at melee so much, go and die" that is the day I start doing worse )[/spoilers]

SuSa

Banned via Administration
So I want to play a game.

Without knowing what I have created, I want you guys to name the thread.

Here are some hints to help you appropriately name it:

• It's serious
  • It's looooooooooooooooooooooonger than Long Cat
  • It's more awesome than I could ever be
  • It has to do with Snake

Go go go!

PS:
Underload, you're DQ'd from naming it.
:nifty::leek:

SuSa

I don't want to give away what it is....kills the hype.

So instead I'll give an obvious hint to obviously give away what it is.
  • The thread is an anagram of the initials of Every Garbage Dummy Is Underload.
  • Currently has at least 2 more days of work to complete.
  • Will be seperated into many posts. [Easier/More Efficient Browsing+Updates]

If you can't guess it off that, than you don't deserve to be naming it.

etecoon

Smash Hero
actually after playing table hockey with him I am convinced that he has the ability to apply snake's nade powers to other games :/

napZzz

Smash Hero
well SuSa if you're gonna bring up something like that and then intentionally tell people you aren't going to tell us about it, then go **** yourself

actually after playing table hockey with him I am convinced that he has the ability to apply snake's nade powers to other games :/
So does this mean that Brawl geometry is actually supposed to represent real life geometry? Does this mean the physics are the same as in real life? It means I can run off a cliff and C4 myself back to the cliff top :awesome:

Savon

Smash Ace
I am looking forward to whatever it is you have planned SuSa. The guides on the Snake forums were a huge help to me when I first started playing competitive smash.

Edit: I take back what I said before. Smashboards has really helped a lot. It is just really difficult to get the right information you need to actually improve. Everyone is running around with various theories. Some are right, and majority of them are wrong. Very rarely are guides ever really useful for me. They give a general overview of the game like "fsmash has this much range" or "mines explode after 26 seconds". Anyone who plays this game enough will realize most of this information on their own. The sort of thing I do not see too often is the correct interpretation of this observations.

Getting hit by Snake's Utilt is always observed in match-up discussions by nearly everyone as the prime killer. That is nice to know, but if you play the match-up that does not really solve your problem of how to deal with this tool. One thing I failed to realize back when I tested killing percentages of Utilt with snake was the fact that Utilt has a natural vertical angle that goes behind snake slightly. DI towards snake will allow you to live a bit longer than if you had DI away from him. Knowing this I think is the sort of thing one should know to getting better.

SuSa

That's because it is very hard to put proper gameplay into words. In fact, I'd say it's impossible to get into specifics any further than the data allows us to give. (EG: My topic comparing our frame data to MK's)

Beyond that is human speculation, human error, human "prediction", conditioning of your opponent, stage elements, opponent (PLAYER, not character) elements, etc.

You are given the data and general overview, and it is up to you to apply the knowledge and further your game. It is up to you to do the part that cannot be taught, nor read in a book.

napZzz

Smash Hero
well SuSa after reading you wouldn't show me I angrily immediately went to post without reading anything ~_~

RATED

Smash Lord
So I want to play a game.

Here are some hints to help you appropriately name it:

• It's serious
  • It's looooooooooooooooooooooonger than Long Cat
  • It's more awesome than I could ever be
  • It has to do with Snake

Go go go!

PS:
Underload, you're DQ'd from naming it.
if that was to be a guess game, I would say Snake's Uptilt :awesome:

napZzz

Smash Hero
I wasn't necessarily trying to sound angry like my post came off loool I guess I forgot things are interpreted differently online

SuSa

I wasn't necessarily trying to sound angry like my post came off loool I guess I forgot things are interpreted differently online
Blame internet and sarcasm being harder to detect.

If this means what I think it does, then that is really cruel of you SuSa.
It probably means what you think it does. Have fun looking through 9300+ posts if you care to find it. :awesome: (Hey... I needed a place to test it SOMEWHERE... didn't I?)

It probably means what you think it does. Have fun looking through 9300+ posts if you care to find it. :awesome: (Hey... I needed a place to test it SOMEWHERE... didn't I?)

I went through all your OPs on the snake threads and couldn't find it. So, I imagined it was in your regular posts. Dayum you.

SuSa

I'll link to the post when I post the thread, I think most everyone here will laugh.

Anyways.... don't get OVERLY excited about the thread. <3 It's not so much for the regulars here... although I guess it could be seen as such.

napZzz

Smash Hero
is that really what it is

and um...I cant even sasrcasm correctly in real life susa, its a problem I've only found out recently about /-_-

what went through my head in my angry post was, in a subject this small if I sound that angry/insulting i'm gonna assume he'll know its more of a joke thing

apparently this wasn't the case

Top Bottom