• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
So guys, let me ask this:

If I want to have some fun with conditioning, should I ftilt1, and in case they shield, walk away, then immediately turn around and SH dair them if they try drop shield to chase? (or if I know their shield is kinda low, would it poke?) Worked against my friend, but then again, my friend mains bowser, so dair would've worked anyways LOL.

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
ok my friend and i were just practising the omnigay and we can do it on every character except game and watch.
can it be done on GnW reliably? and if so is the timing for the c4 different with GnW?

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
leopard all dai

:009:
This. Or the snow camo.

Does anyone else have a hard time doing the kamikaze b-reversed grenade from the ledge? I can do it but inconsistently. Do you drop down or drop away from the edge?

----
And I want to discuss tech chasing MK. Sometimes when I tech chase him, and he rolls behind me and I grab, the grab goes right through him and then he rolls the other way. I thought I was doing it wrong but then I saw it happen to Ally at 00:57:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxTGvAmgtT0

What's up with that??

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
ok my friend and i were just practising the omnigay and we can do it on every character except game and watch.
can it be done on GnW reliably? and if so is the timing for the c4 different with GnW?
you wanting to team with me next year, nicks?

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I'm not afraid to take 2 grenades at the start of a stock, put myself down 40%, but gain the advantage of not having 50% more along with a move that knocks me offstage.

Also, Oki better ****ing call me about MLG Texas... I wanna go

:nifty::leek:
I couldn't agree with you more. Falco's worse for me than Pikachu imo <_<

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Uhh, something like Naruto, or Bleach or Gundam Wing being the mainstream ones, but I ****ing LOVED Samurai 7.

Go.

One piece would probably fit in that too.

Hunter x Hunter died a brutal death, Claymore was decent for story.

:243:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So guess what would you say are your most commonly used CPs? Trying to expand my horizons here with my stages.

Mine are :

Halberd (for obvious reasons)
Lylat (dark stage + platform shenanigans = win)
Battlefield (platform shenanigans <3)
Final Destination (when I need to camp incessantly)

These are my commonly used CPs so I need some ideas if theres any other stages that you guys like t use commonly as CPs.

Limeee

Smash Champion
when i play as other character against snake, the only thing i'm scared of is his grab

its just soo good when mixed with everything else

:009:

Savon

Smash Ace
Do any other Snake players besides me use the fsmash when my opponent is pulling their self back on stage after applying some shield pressure?

A lot of times when I get my opponent off stage after pressuring them with the ftilt I toss some grenades in the air and put a mine right at the edge of the stage. When hanging from the ledge they tend to just pull themselves up right into an fsmash. They normally just expect to shield it, but because of shield pressure it pokes them often leading to early and often hilarious deaths.

I want to test it more at the next tournament I go to. It has worked on a several occasions however when used sparingly.

Savon

Smash Ace
Am I one of the only Snake mains to have never played any of his games?

:nifty::leek:
No. I have played most of the MGS series. MGS2 was pretty cool. MGS3 and MGS4 were amazing. Only people who have played MGS know that Solid Snake has never had the facial hair or outfits he has had in brawl. All of those are from Snake Eater.

Only MGS players know the true reason why Snakes utilt is so broken.

Nanomachines.

etecoon

Smash Hero
probably, not even because we play snake because we love MGS, but MGS is a fantastic series that everyone should play anyway

MGS3 is the best game in the series btw : )

edit: yeah snake's facial hair in brawl is more like big bosses but he does have some similar hair in MGS2, I have a few big boss texture hacks anyway they rox

etecoon

Smash Hero
that's...squaresoft, and MGS is konami <_< the twin snakes is on gamecube!

ICO/SotC only good gaming thing sony has done rofl

Top Bottom