• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

You merely hold the control stick down slightly. not all the way. This is still read by the inputs as down. It saves you a couple frames from having to crouch.

Dair or even Nair marth -> UpB option. Be wary.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
pssssssssssssst susa I have oki's number

am I part of the cool kids club.

Also Snakes a really cool thing I like to buffer the no crouch dtilt is just holding down lightly and hitting down on the C-stick.

works same way for utilt too, just hold up slightly :>

it feels easier for me to buffer them this way but then again I have reallllly good control of my Control Stick [2 finger grip!] So idunno how easy this is to do with just your thumb :>

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
D-Tilt without crouching is something every character with a D-Tilt worth using should learn. Besides crouching adds like 6 frames...that's kind of huge when you think about any situation you'd every use D-Tilt in.

<3 D-tilt its one of my personal favorite moves with Snake and I know how to use it.

snake dair should not be used to rack up damage. The only time is when you read the roll to the edge either from a d throw or for whatever reason they are on the ground. To much risk to do it under 40% on most characters not near the edge. Ftilt and re-chase is much safer with about the same amount of damage.

Snake's d tilt needs to be used more. It out spaces ftilt1 and those who know it's spacing you can surprise them.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Hey ive got a question. Alright im THINKING about switching my mains from falco and MK to Snake and G&W just because ive turned from being really aggresive to being really campy all of a sudden. Ive learned that being aggresive isnt everything because if some can predict well enough and camp well enough then im screwed because i cant do anything about it.

So i was wanting 2 characters that are EXTREMELY hard to kill. Im thinking snake and G&W are the best choices just because.. you have al seen how long ally can live and then i know yal havent seen many g&w but his bucket can really keep alive.. sometimes longer than ally's snake.

So my question is.. is there any other character that can live longer than g&w and snake or are them the top 2 survivers?

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
i have a question regarding the omnigay.

when the MK on your team has port priority, does it matter if the sticky is on MK or the opponent to kill them? or if the sticky is on MK will it kill him even tho he has port priority?

@ Hot Wings: when i think of survivability, snake, wario and D3 come to mind

SuSa

Banned via Administration
From what I hear, Falco and MK are really good characters at being campy. But that's just what I hear.

@nicks
Make sure MK has port... er... I forget if it's 4 or 1... I think it's 4? It doesn't matter who has the sticky on them, MK just needs port priority.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
@ SuSa and Nicks.
I'm pretty sure that it's port 4. Since you're (Assuming you're doing the uthrow > c4 kill strat) doing the uthrow you'd get the defensive priorities. and wouldn't budge through the throw, while the person you're grabbing will fly away.

While port 1 is attacking priority. Actually, what I've said might be redundant.. A hurr hurr. Both ports probably work. 1 = Attack priority and 4 = defense priority, yeah?

I'm probably wrong, or maybe right. what I've replied with is what I think is right. Someone care to give me clarification?

etecoon

Smash Hero
hotwings: meta knight and falco are better at camping than snake, you could just change your playstyle. always ask yourself while playing "am I being enough of a douche?"

also while MK is light and can theoretically die early, he also has some of the best capabilities to avoid KO attacks, he has a great spacing game and he can't be juggle or ledge trapped very well so a lot of common kill setups don't really work on MK

Toneh

Smash Lord
So i was wanting 2 characters that are EXTREMELY hard to kill. Im thinking snake and G&W are the best choices just because.. you have al seen how long ally can live and then i know yal havent seen many g&w but his bucket can really keep alive.. sometimes longer than ally's snake.

So my question is.. is there any other character that can live longer than g&w and snake or are them the top 2 survivors?
Dedede is pretty light I wouldn't go with him

HotWings

Smash Ace
Ok well none of you have said anything about G&W lol. Ive been paying attention to my playstyle and im actually a mix of aggresion and campy. I just need characters that can survive a long time. I have mained falco for awhile now but.. how about me going to MK and Snake? I do doubles just as much as singles and there both good at both. Snake survives the longest and MK is well... mk. Also i can play defensive with snake and aggresive with MK.

Im really good with G&W but when i got to thinking about it... there isnt a lot of learning room with him, you cant really do anything that great with G&W like you can with snake and MK. Falco is really good and is a mix of aggresion and defensive but i just like the feel of snake and mk better than i do with falco.

So i think im going to go with mk and snake.. what do yal think about my decision?

Oh and dont think im just going to them because there the top 2 characters because i would pick ganondorf if he fit my playstyle, its just mk and snake just fit me the most i guess.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I had no comment on GAW because I don't play him, idk lol

snake isn't a top 2 character and most people don't think he is anymore, he defaulted to #2 because people aren't sure if #2 is falco or diddy

tier ***** : p

napZzz

Smash Hero
a mix of camping and aggro is probably the best way to play this game these days, camp until you see the opening to go in and stay there while you can, then get back out rinse wash repeat

dropping mk for GnW is a horrible decision and you'll regret it and snake is bad

falco is much better than snake and camps harder

etecoon

Smash Hero
dunno if I'd say falco is *much* better than snake, but better and DEFINITELY has a harder camp game, getting in on snake is ****ing easy compared to falco

agreed with everything else, that video I linked to is an example of camping maybe a little TOO hard even, you want to space yourself to safety whenever your opponent is on solid ground but stay on them and **** them up as much as possible when you have the opportunities

napZzz

Smash Hero
the thing is its just more effective to almost use your camping to close in and pressure instead of staying away as much as possible, at least I feel thats the more effective way to play snake, falco too because its not good to get cornered compared to being the one to corner and still stay away

Reyney

Smash Apprentice
i think u guys will be pretty happy about a discovery i heared from Blub today (germanys best falco)
he told me that it is possible to platform cancle with snakes UAIR

i just tired it and it works!! platform cancle without shielddrop/grenadethrow/dair lag (:
the timing seems pretty tight though
but that has to be a matter of practice (i hope ^^)

* after a little practice i can do it pretty consistently
yay.

HotWings

Smash Ace
God this is so ******* hard lol. Look at all these characters i really would want to main and bring to tournaments.

MK
Snake
Diddy kong
Falco
Wario
Marth
Ice climbers
Olimar
DDD
Pikachu
ZSS
Lucario
Toon link
Peach
Wolf
G&W
Fox
DK
Shiek
PT
Ike
Ness
Link
Jiggz

See there is only like maybe 4 character that i didnt pick lol. I would say me pick a main or 2 just incase but... if im going to use random then im useing random all the way.

Also i have a question for all of you, how do i get to be ZSS if i choose random? Can i hold down R while going to random and if it picks samus then it will pick ZSS instead of samus or will i never get to be ZSS?

etecoon

Smash Hero
it's kinda silly anyway because anyone other than M2K is a horrible long shot at this point, he's already the best player, playing a character everyone wants banned, without giving him those stage rules rofl

napZzz

Smash Hero
all of allys matchs lately make me laugh

dunno what he's doing to win anymore, but whatever it is, he's doing it

etecoon

Smash Hero
is that recorded? or anything nappy is talking about? I haven't watched many recent brawl videos, idk, I laughed at him vs M2K at apex but that's because meta knight timing people out is always funny to me(or time outs in general, brawl is such a bad game lol)

napZzz

Smash Hero
idk I feel like ally generally just fights the player in stead of the character, if the person isn't very good he does dumb **** but he saves his best tricks for the better players, he just plays smarter to match their level

etecoon

Smash Hero
I've felt for a long time that that's more or less how you have to play snake, he doesn't have a reliable moveset, you just try to out think your opponent and hope the fact that they're getting a ton of auto-damage on you is balanced out by your weight and power

∫unk

Smash Master
yeah that's why snake is fun though he favors reads and buffering

ally vs seibrik would pretty much support everything you've said the past 2 pages etecoon

etecoon

Smash Hero
it's fun but it's a hard adaption for me, I usually have to play snake nearly exclusively for a week or two before it works right, MK/marth focus so much on abusing the other person based on their character selection <_<

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I've felt for a long time that that's more or less how you have to play snake, he doesn't have a reliable moveset, you just try to out think your opponent and hope the fact that they're getting a ton of auto-damage on you is balanced out by your weight and power
Prrrrrrrrrretty much
I had no comment on GAW because I don't play him, idk lol

snake isn't a top 2 character and most people don't think he is anymore, he defaulted to #2 because people aren't sure if #2 is falco or diddy

tier ***** : p
I theorized that it might be because it was with SBR's ruleset (and therefore, stagelist) was the determining ruleset for the tier list, which iirc Diddy and Falco are a teensy bit more fragile in stage pick than snake is. Other than that, I'm quite sure that he'd drop lol.

Top Bottom